1. Click here to join our community discord server.

OFF TOPIC My Mic doesn't work! Help Please!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Stoned, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Stoned

Stoned Senior Member

Hello There~

After a few months of MG, I have finally brought out my mic (NOT meaning old, just didn't use it on MG.) At 11/12/2011 at like 11:00AM it worked fine. Then I unplugged it and simply put it back and played again at like 1:00 PM, and I tried using it, and it didn't work. The MIC icon shows, but no sound. I have tried self testing it at the steam settings and if I yell, I can kind of hear it if there's no sound near me. Any help? Thanks!

2. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

Reboot.

3. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

U have to put the mic in before starting l4d2, if that doesn't work, try restarting your pc and make sure ur mic wire is in the jack ..

4. avilroad

avilroad MG Donor

i had a similar problem because of my sound card.

5. Hey Koolaid

Hey Koolaid Head Administrator

Do a voice test on your computet then check in steam settings and voice test again. Theother thing to check is ingame settings seee if the volume is turnedd up. one last thing to check is if ur mute button is on that happens to me offten i'll accidently bump it without knowing I did.

6. Stoned

Stoned Senior Member

O.o Thanks for the quick replies guys!

@bonekeep I did, still doesn't work
    @raised i did too, still doesn't work
    @Koolaid I did on this application: Sound Recorder and all I hear is like fuzzy sound if you get what i mean haha. And on steam, I don't hear anything, unless I litarally scream, and even at that, it's still like a whisper.

Thanks a bunch for the advice, but it's still not working. :help:

7. IronWarrior

IronWarrior MG Donor

Is this a stand alone mic?
    Is it plugged into a sound card? If not, what?
    It's not set on mute in the sound settings or mute on the mic itself?
    What OS are you using?

8. Hey Koolaid

Buy a new cheap mjc loooll

9. Stoned

Stoned Senior Member

It's NOT a stand alone mic........it's plugged into sound car.........it's not set on mute.......and what's a OS?

TO ALL OF YOU Maby it could be my computer problem? So i would like to know how to check that because my mic is in really good shape, not dropped once, and I got a little cabinent to store it so it might not even be that. So how do i check if it's my computer's fault?

Thanks a bunch guys!

10. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

If you're using the audio chipset built in to your MB then you may need to unplug power to reset fully.

11. Hey Koolaid

Os operating system

12. IronWarrior

IronWarrior MG Donor

If it's in the sound card, then make sure in the Recording menu in Sound from Control Panel is the correct device that is enabled and is set as default.

If you got anything else that records sounds, like webcams etc, it's a nice idea to disable them when they not being used.

Oh... you did plug the mic into the correct port right?

13. Stoned

Stoned Senior Member

Yes IronWarrior and thanks for all the help guys!! REally appreciatE this. It got fixed because I restarted my computer lol.... even though I tried that like 3 times and this time actually worked haha. Thanks guys!

14. IronWarrior

IronWarrior MG Donor

Rebooting saves the day.

15. Chocobo

Chocobo <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

If this ever happens again, easy solution in a few steps:

1. Go to Best Buy or nearest electronic store.
    2. Buy a new computer
    3. Repeat until success.

16. Hey Koolaid

Lool chocobo

17. Stoned

Stoned Senior Member

Attached Files: