1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Make Dead Air seem scary... by playing alone.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChooChoo, Jul 22, 2011.

1. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

Play it using Last man on Earth.... or any map with LMOE mutation.

First, enable console (press ~ to see if it opens), if its not enabled, go to options > keyboard/mouse.

With console open, type map. You'll see a list of maps pop up, such as c8m1_apartment (no mercy). Select one, but don't hit enter yet. Afterwards, type this: mutation1

"map c8m1_apartment mutation1"

One example of fun, was playing Suicide Blitz 2 with this mutation. :)

If you never played Last Man on Earth, here is how it goes: It's just you. No bots. There are no common infected, just SI. Since there are no commons, you won't get boomers.

If a SI pins you, it will drain your health to zero, then escape. You'll become black and white instantly after released with 30 health. Heal up if you have a kit.

The silence as you run through the maps can be unnerving when you suddenly hear the jockey laugh. :D

2. Yoshihoe

Yoshihoe Junior Member

Oh, I love LMoE. It can teach you so much! You can learn how to dead stop, shove Jockeys, mislead Chargers or run away from Smokers' tongue range efficiently. Then it comes in handy when I'm the only survivor left and the whole infected team jumps on me...

But yes, it also makes the whole game scarier and more, uh... stress inducing.

Exactly. Especially with Jockeys, they're sooo annoying :C