1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Left 4 Dead 3!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wolf O'Donnell, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Wolf O'Donnell

Wolf O'Donnell Senior Member

hey guys,

some of you probably already know, but there's been a lot of talk of left 4 dead 3 recently and these sites have popped up:

http://l4d3.ru/

and a Kotaku post about a leak from an internal email at valve, from someone visiting for the Dota tournament

http://kotaku.com/valve-tour-leaks-..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

EXCITING STUFF

EDIT: Forgot to add that this .ru site might be a troll, as 15 days with no nothing really heard about it is big, but let's discuss anyway. Kotaku post is at least legit :P

2. Penguin

Penguin Guest

i will eat my own head if this isnt fake :P

3. Wolf O'Donnell

Wolf O'Donnell Senior Member

4. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

About the .ru site, most likely when the timer is over you will see another Gaben troll vid popping up :p

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

5. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

can't really see L4D3 until the release of HL3 tbh.

The way I think it'll go is Half Life 3, showcasing the new Source engine, then the other series (Portal, Left 4 Dead, Counter Strike) will follow on the same engine.

6. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

7. Stefeman

Knowing valve, L4D3 will be L4D2 Linux + Windows version merging :D

8. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

I need to learn Dutch to understand this... A translation please from our lovely Dutch ppl here? Please? :)

9. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

It says that photo was taken by one person from a group of visitors that got a tour around Valve's development studio. One picture clearly shows a change log where the title says L4D3 and Source2. Source2 could be the name of the new Source engine Valve is developing but this is just a rumor and so far there has been no official response from Valve on the leaked material.

The tour was organized by Valve for a group of people to give them a sneak peak at some merchandise Valve is creating for The International, a yearly returning Dota 2 tournament held in Seattle.

(I forgot how hard it is to translate dutch into english)

10. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

When Source Filmmaker was released last year it had references to Source 2 stuff, including icons. Gabe has even said they are working on the engine, they just didn't have a game yet to roll it out with, well I guess they found a game.

11. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Left 4 Dead 3 probably is going to be a thing eventually and will be released along side Source2. However i am still sticking by and saying that website means nothing :P

Dont you think if it was going to be something official they would use l4d3.com or l4d3.co.uk?

12. Stefeman

1-5 or 2 Years ago i played some fake alpha build of L4D3 which i downloaded from some forums.. However it was obviously fake as there was absolutely no content or SI at all and crappy emulated graphics..

However if there is gonna be L4D3, i don't believe untill hear valve saying it directly :D

13. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Install google chrome (auto translate)

Hard copy: Rumor: Valve is working on Left 4 Dead 3

By Jurian Ubachs , Tuesday, August 6, 2013 10:30, replies: 87 , views: 12,738 • Feedback
    In the pictures taken by a group of visitors who got a tour through the development studio Valve, it seems unannounced Left 4 Dead 3 to occur. On a photo of a changelog can be read, which corresponds to that game. Entitled 'L4D3'
    During the tour of the studios Valve has one of the guests a photo taken of a screen on which a changelogcan be seen that a change regarding 'L4D3' indicated. That hardly seems abbreviation else to explain than Left 4 Dead 3, since the same kind of abbreviation was used for both. Previous parts In addition, the tag [source2] may indicate the name of the new engine from Valve. The company has not yet responded to the apparent leak and has also announced anything about Left 4 Dead 3 or source2.
    May be that the style of Left 4 Dead 3 will be the last two games, which had to be. Cooperative against at zombies like creatures fought not much else adopted Formally it went otherwise not zombies, but people who are infected with a virus similar to rabies that has turned into monsters them.
    The tour through the office of Valve was organized for a group that got a taste of merchandise that is designed for The International, an annual DotA 2 tournament this week its final experience in Seattle. Left 4 Dead 2 , the last part of the series, appeared in 2009.