1. Click here to join our community discord server.

I need a new laptop between 1000 and 1500

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hey Koolaid, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Hey Koolaid

Hey Koolaid Head Administrator

Endofotime asked me to post this because his laptop messed up so If we can need some links to the place within that price range and It has to be able to play most games on high most/all new games like starcraft2, New Vegas, demanding games.

This site has place where you can build your own laptop or desktop http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Xplo ... _Notebook/ If anyone could help it would be great.

2. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Re: I need a new laptop between 1000 and 1500

Let's expect, that you really are going to spend that much for a gaming laptop, i've builded an example model of what, i would take, if i needed to have a brand new one for multi use and gaming.

I also expected, that you have all the gaming mouses and keyboards + a net cable (if u aint gonna use wireless). this is only a computer and other needed items for gaming with it.. not a full reayd set :P so get ur own mouses, and keyboards (if you dont like the mousepad or built in keyboard :P)

(Note: as i said before, it has some extra items, that would be useful.. such like a small platform with a good and very silence fan for the laptop, in oder to avoid overheating)

The following games: Civilization V Full Version Game, Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Game, are free..

Note also, that you can and SHOULD change the DVD rom system to blu-ray or keep it as DVD-RW, and also the hard disk space should match to your needs. i need only 500 GB for a laptop.

# ADAPTER: Universal AC-DC Adapter (B5135)
    # BAGS: Free Deluxe Carrying Bag for 15.6 Inch Notebook
    # BATTERY: Polymer Smart Lithium-Ion 42.18WH Battery Pack (B5135)
    # BLUETOOTH: Built-in Bluetooth V2.1+EDR Module
    # CD: 8X DVD

3. EndOfTime

EndOfTime Member

thx for the look up stefeman, so the plan is that by the end of January I'll have more then enough money to spend on it. Get a $500-$800 tax return + $125 a week saving for it. At the latest it will be the end of Feb. Key reason that I use a laptop over a desktop, is in the event that I move, or what ever else may happen I can still grab my laptop and go about like nothing has changed. Put it to you like this in the past 5 years I've moved 4 times, for various reasons. Where in some cases moving a desktop was not practical. But please keep an eye out for any other good gaming laptops you may come across.

4. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

Dont bother with an intel, unless you do like wasting your money, for all them othere specs, even tho they seem high, there not good, worked on to many to count. best laptop the is, is a mac, just run win 7 on a mac, there really stable but will cost you arround 1.5k

5. EndOfTime

EndOfTime Member

Sry super but Mac is the devil. Always been a PC Always will be a PC.

6. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

With a MAC you pay $500 for the Apple logo alone :)

7. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

i know every one dislikes mac, i was only a PC fan till i started working on several mac, yea for supporting/configuring they can be a pain, since there's is no use of scripts, but for performance & stability hey own every lap top out there, they even win windows 7 far better than any Windows laptop out there, & with steam gone mac too, its even more reason to get one.

but personally, i have no use for a laptop there not really meant for gaming, every thing has been like under clocked to get the maximum batty life & to tackle heat gain, id like to get an Ipad tho =D

saying that, old old laptop even tho there parts ment to not be better than current laptops, they will run a lot better, and IBM R40 (made around 2000) can run windows 7 completely fine, and u be able to get one for like

8. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I had the choice for an iPad or netbook and I bought a netbook, much more useful i think :) iPad is just a wannahave toy, I don't see any practical use for it.

And yes laptops are not so good for gaming, there are some special gaming laptops out there though from alienware and some other brands but those are usually VERY expensive.

9. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

Alien ware you are just paying for the brand hehe, u can build a pc with the same specs for far cheaper for what they sell.

For ipads they replace pen & paper not really that pen and paper is used a lot now days any way, really from a company point of view will be the best investment they could of do, from all other features it has.

shame they have that hefty cost tho, i really would like one hehehe

10. EndOfTime

EndOfTime Member

Since I have nothing better to do, I've been looking into custom gaming laptops. Belife it or not super, when you go to most build your own laptop sites and you input the specs of an Alienware, say a M15x the cost comes out to around the same anyways. Really it comes down to the fact that Alienware is an off shoot of Dell now. I always found Dell to cost an ass load anyways. As for desktops vs laptops, i just prefer laptops. granted when I own my own home and what not that will change, its just laptops can do everything a desktop can. But you can carry around a desktop when you go on vacation.

11. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

tbh i don't really know what to say, don't really want to sound big headed or something else bad,

just remember, power/heat

faster it is the more power it needs and the hotter it will get