1. Click here to join our community discord server.

I got one!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by marvel, Nov 24, 2012.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

My new yellow Nokia Lumia 920 :)

[​IMG]

2. Hey Koolaid

Hey Koolaid Head Administrator

Congrats I'm ready to get rid of my Motorola atrix 4g it sucks.

3. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Oh god you too.. Yeah, it's a good phone, but don't trust Nokia too much :P (Even we finns won't..)

4. marvel

Yeah I just got tired with Android I guess, my previous 4 phones were Android and I love the WP8 interface.

And I do like Nokia as a company, they always made great phones except for the software. I hope WP8 puts them back on track. They say it's a hit. You almost can't get it anywhere. I had to import it from Germany.

5. Stefeman

That's the whole point :P

They have a great market stradegy: Create a "hype".

Basically they deliver very small amount to each place so they can say: "It's out from everywhere" and speak so highly about it.

In the reality they lose in terms of "selling numbers" to every other company :D

And what's more ridiculous, they only released about 1000 phones to finnish stores.

100 to "verkkokauppa.com" and 900 to ISP's

6. cry

cry MG Donor

Yeah the Windows Phone interface is very nice, I have a HTC Radar with hacked windows phone 7.5. The interface is not that sophisticated as wp8 but it has the same principle. Also making apps for wp is not too hard :)

You cannot yet get any wp8 phone in holland except the HTC 8X. The Lumia was already available in other countries but not yet here. I think still many wp fans will wait until other vendors like samsung and sony will bring their wp8 models.

7. joerve

joerve Senior Member

stefeman don't be jealous...no just kidding

all I know is that when the world ends the nokia will survive. I got one too and I dropped it more then a 100 times from height and it still works.

8. erik

erik MG Donor

i have a rotary cell phone

9. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

I still have a Nokia 6210....the best Phone for work!
    When your itchi bitchi smartphone is to expensive for ;)

10. Stefeman

I'm not jealous. :P

It's just, i don't trust Nokia as a company anymore xD (They used to be great in 2000-2006)

But i need to say, that the Lumia 920 is indeed awesome phone.. (Might be my next phone as well).

11. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

So how you finding that phone after hearing so much hype over this phone? Your UP arrow key is broken on the keyboard or is it supposed to be like that? :?

12. marvel

lol no it's supposed to be like that, it's just the camera view that makes it look weird :)

The phone is great btw but there are still some bugs/small issues that MS needs to fix like a little lag sometimes or some applications that crash.