1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Hurricane Sandy issues

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Nov 3, 2012.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Our host, Sharktech, the company which hosts our website has some issues. The effects are usually slow (or none) loading web pages and sometimes a couple of seconds/minutes downtime which affects our game servers as well.

Most of these issues are being caused by hurricane Sandy which brought down a lot of critical infrastructure in NYC.

Sharktech e-mailed me and told me they are working hard to resolve all problems but it can take a couple of days, maybe a week before all problems have been resolved.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. We'll keep you updated on the situation.

2. tank

tank MG Donor

Hi Marvel!
    What about this ddos attacks, we still have problems playing on PR/EU/VS. Still boring LAG. Playing as tank or inf need hit 3-4 time before touch survivor.Sometimes very anoying that people cannot play and then rage the game.
    thx

3. marvel

Yeah I'm working on that with our ISP, I hope to have more on that next week.

4. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

There was a 6 mile que for a single gas station somewhere in the east; the gas station owner must have become rich now. I saw it on Fox News.

Delays expected.

5. Don't know if it is a ddos attack or just database issue but happens only when server is full.

6. marvel

Yes he attacks only full or almost full servers on all locations.

Singapore has active filters now so it gets a bit laggy during the attack but the server doesn't go down anymore. US is filtering the attacks even better, I could see incoming traffic of about 1 - 2 mbps which is so small that it doesn't affect the game play at all.

For the Amsterdam location, a network engineer will contact me next week to setup filters over there, so a solution is hopefully on its way.

We are setting up a new location in Amsterdam as well in a different data center with a brand new server on a gigabit link so that an attack on one server doesn't bring the other ones down.

We are working hard on it but don't forget that we have to deal with a real lunatic here. This guy is attacking us whenever he's awake which is 13 - 14 hours each day, 7 days a week, every single day of the month. He only stops when he goes to bed and continues again when he wakes up.