1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Help with something :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HonorCode, Jan 24, 2011.

1. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys, i have a problem with my computer.

It was working good yesterday, but today i started it, and logged in with my windows 7 user account, and as usual it showed up my desktop. But, thats all it does. It wont open anything, wont do anything and it will just freeze. I cant sill move the mouse (and it has animations too) but i cant do anything with my computer. I can play with the mouse maybe but thats all.

I rebooted it and initiated it under "safe mode". So i opened the windows even log, and i found a error referring to my disk. The id of the error is 7. Cant really give info cuz i dont have the comp with me right now.

I removed all startup aplications, analyzed my hard drive but it wont do anything still. It works fine on safe mode, so it cant just be the disk, it might be something else. I tried all these options without any success.

1)Reboot.
    2)Clean it up.
    3)Analize and fix disk errors
    4)Remove all startup programs
    5)Uninstall unneccessary aplications and services
    6)Uninstall anti-virus and security central
    7)Unpluged everything, excepting screen, mouse and keyboard.
    8)Recovered the computer
    9)Anything you could image, even re-builded the entire comp but.

No success. Could anyody help me out? Ill bring more info tonight, cuz i dont have the comp with me right now, just this lame old laptop.

Thanks in advance :C

2. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

Re: Help with something :(

I heard once that sombody pulled somekind of prank somehow on a co-worker by substituting the actual desktop with a look-alike picture. I don't know how it was done but all the icons were inactive because it was just a picture that was identical to the desktop.

3. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

So you can see the shortcuts when you start computer normaly and you get to desktop? right? (if not, ctrl +alt + del and start a new procress type in "explorer". you could also try to end explorer and re-opening it with task manager.

Have you used Windows 7 Beta on the same computer?

Check you cpu cooling fan, in case of overheat. Memory or southbridge could also be overheating.

Are you using "Advanced System care pro 3"?

Do you got dual boot?

How big is your virtual memory (currently) and hardware memory?

Does anything appear in the event viewer? (check it if you can acess to it)

did you shut down your PC incorrectly? (i mean plugging out when update or startup or shutdown was in procress?) Also, your USB slot can be broken/corrupted

Restore bios settings to default.

Are you drivers up to date? and is your windows up to date?

Has your computer or any part of it endured physical damage?

Are you overclocking?

Thsi thread can be useful for you -> http://social.technet.microsoft.com...f/thread/0acd9f00-8f9f-4ac4-ba1c-966940e316e2

4. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

ID 7 is due to a bad block in the hard drive. From Microsoft:

5. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

After i ran the second disk scan, it didnt work either. But i ran it once more in saferoom with networking access and i found out it was a viurs doing all the shit xD. I wiped it and my comp is working fine again :D.

Thanks everybody for your time :).

6. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

Pron... can't live without it... can't avoid viruses with it. :(

7. Wolf O'Donnell

Wolf O'Donnell Senior Member

This is what made me factory reset :C except it got worse and worse, eventually i couldn't even get onto the desktop haha. Glad you sorted it.