1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dead Island problem :(

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HoTGuN, Sep 18, 2011.

1. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

I just strated playing dead island yesterday, I'm lvl 4 but when I am playing sometimes my game crash or sometimes it stops and then keep playing :(.
    Can someone help me with this?

2. Nova

Nova Senior Member

What error do you get and can you give your PC config

3. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

It doesnt say error it just crash and says "Dead Island stop working" I have dead Island with all in minimum and i have a GeForce 280 2x and an i7.

4. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

What do you mean by it stops and keeps playing? Do you get some sort of a black/white screen but can only hear the sound? My game did crash a couple of times but apart from that, i can run this game smoothly without any problems.

5. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

When I ment stop and keeps playing I ment to, it crashes and like 5 secs later it works again. And sometimes it crashes completely and says Dead Island isnt working.

6. Raised in Hell

hmmm, i would check if your computer can actually play the game so go on this site and choose dead island and check if ur pc meets the minimum requirement or not..

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

7. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

8. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Anything I can do???

9. Raised in Hell

That seems fine.. So how often does it crash? If it is rare then i wouldn't worry too much about it but if it happens a lot then there could be couple of reasons why it happens ..

1) Your video card may be weak, i'm saying this because u said it stops and plays again
    2) Could be a corrupt file (not very likely to be the reason)
    3) unsuccessful overclock of GPU (if you overclocked it)

Make sure u have the latest/stable drivers for your graphics card.

10. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Every 2-5 mins.
    They are 2x 280 in SLI enhancement with all the drivers and patchs up to today.
    I've validated like 5 times Dead Island files in Steam and says "Every file was succesfully validated"
    I've never overclocked it, its like I bought it (no modifications)

11. Ami-Lilian

Ami-Lilian MG Donor

Sometimes heat can be the cause of games crashing. Had this ever happen to you in other games?

12. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Nope.

If this comment works: I downloaded it in Spanish so... do that affect the game?

13. Raised in Hell

Every 2-5 mins a lot and that is not normal. Something is definitely wrong. Check your gpu temp as ami mentioned, is it getting really hot or above the limit?

14. Raised in Hell

I don't think the language should have any problems. It has to be something else..

15. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Anyways, I'm downloading it again in English......

16. Raised in Hell

17. Nova

Nova Senior Member

Remove SLI, and it should work

18. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Tried with/without and its the same

19. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

20. Raised in Hell

do what nova said . Use only 1 GPU and play DI for 3-5 hours and see if ur game crashes or not