1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Day Z update 9/30

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by marvel, Sep 30, 2012.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Day Z has been patched to the latest beta patch (use DayZ commander to update your installation) and the latest private hive version.

The following changes have been made:

• Fixed various vehicle spawn issues
    • Fixed player name parsing issues (colons)
    • Body cleanup, object cleanup, and time sync now execute properly
    • Enhanced and fixed up db_utility.pl
    • Fixed whitelist and overzealous crash site loot cleanup regressions
    • Improved vehicle sync efficiency and damage reporting

Full list of changes is here:

https://github.com/ayan4m1/DayZ-Private/issues?milestone=7&page=1&state=closed

Please note that all bodies will be cleaned up 20-30 minutes after player death occurs.

Update 10/3:

• Fix duplication of items by disconnecting with modified skin.
    • Fix db_migrate.pl producing errors when run from another directory.
    • Ensure tents are removed from the database after packing them.
    • Improve performance of player sync.
    • Correctly update damage values for destroyed vehicles.
    • Improve efficiency of time sync.

2. snakky

snakky Junior Member

Hi,

this is very bad decission!
    Example 1. You fight 2vs2, one Player goes down. The surviving Players will watch the body until it disappears. -> no1 gets the loot -> realistic ? NO! -> usefull ? NO there is the Serverrestart after 4h anyway

Example 2. You die somewhere no friends next to you but your body was well hidden. So in 20-30 minutes you cant get there... -> unrealistic + annyoing :/

3. WeeJocky

WeeJocky Game Server Moderator

I will just point out: dying then being reincarnated with knowledge of your prior life and location of death and using that knowledge to raid your body from a prior life -> unrealistic :P

But yeah I could see how it might be a little annoying, then again there is probably a reason behind the change (maybe performance reasons, I don't know)

4. marvel

Yes the only reason behind that is performance. And we don't implement these changes, it's just what bliss does and since we're using their built we can't disable or enable it or extend the time period for that matter.

5. snakky

snakky Junior Member

Well i just looked into the official forums and found a mod for DayZ which handles alot of stuff. So i will point out some of the interesting parts.

I dont like all of the changes in this mod but as i can tell, it is possible to adjust alot of the ingame mechanic. I mean if it is possible to implement a flip functionality to vehicles.

Maybe there is MOD which will suit our needs. :)

6. marvel

New update, see OP.