1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Chicago down tonight for re-installation

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I need to reinstall this server with a more current OS and custom kernel, since the current OS (CentOS 5.6) doesn't support the new sandy bridge hardware which is causing performance and stability issues. The host now gave me KVM access so I'll do that tonight.

Expect 3 - 4 hours downtime starting at around 7 pm CET.

2. Chocobo

Chocobo <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Thanks Marvel :)

Is Chicago server replacing St. Louis for sure? So can I update the facebook page with the right IP, or should I wait to see how well it does?

3. marvel

Yes you can replace it :)

I'm almost done btw, system is like three times more fast. So minimal the OS boots in less than 3 seconds :D

4. joerve

joerve Senior Member

zomfg

5. Chocobo

Chocobo <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Server list on Facebook page updated :)

6. marvel

Allright :)

Anyway, servers are coming back one by one now. However L4D1 has an issue. If I load sourcebans plugin it crashes on startup. If I remove sourcebans, start the server and load it when it started everything goes fine. I still have to look into this but if it crashes now it won't come back without manual intervention.

I think it has something to do with the remote database connection but I'm not sure. If I can't fix this I might put L4D1 on the LA server.

7. marvel

All back online.

8. marvel

One small issue still to fix, we have packet drops on the network link. I need to update the ethernet driver tonight so there will be a little bit more downtime. Hopefully max 30 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.