1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Cannot add new spray L4D2 help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Penguin, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Penguin

Penguin Guest

i know how to add spray tags to left 4 dead 2 and have done it many time in the past.

However recently i have been trying to change it but when i click a new file to use it simply changes the spray to default coach. Even if i go select a witch for example and then search my computer for a TGA file when i click it what it does is simply change the image back to coach.

I have searched the web but i cannot find a damn thing on anyone with this problem.

I have tried using all the different file types that you can use and that doesn't seem to help.

Also i have double checked to make sure that my file sizes are 256x256 and they are as i know that's what it accepts.

The software i have used to try this was the DVDVideoSoft studio to edit the images, also i just downloaded a program called VTFEdit that a found on a thread Erik made (http://mgftw.com/showthread.php/7761-Basics-how-to-make-a-spray-for-in-game-fun?highlight=spray) but that seemed to only make VMT files and Left 4 Dead wont read them "/

This has really stumped me and now i don't know what to do, anyone got any ideas for this?

2. erik

erik MG Donor

Message me on steam, I can help fix it

3. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Problem fixed...thanks a lot Erik. Great Help! :smiley-signs101:

4. erik

erik MG Donor

No problem... for those who love knowing the "why's," like me...

It was how you choose to "import" the picture into VTFEdit.

There was a clamp setting at the bottom at 4096 by 4096 (in the popup before confirming the settings.)

Just because an image is saved at 256 x 256 doesn't mean that's how the program imports it. VERY EASY TO OVERLOOK.