Shadow Tank (ClS) (MGS)
Shadow Tank (Cleanse Scenario) (MGS V2.1.6)
Back to Marvelous Gaming Scenario Page
Back to Cleanse Scenario Page
15. Shadow Tank
This tank only appears when its dark. It is able to modify the colour of its cells to become invisible and quietly hunt its prey down.
Punch Damage: 1,000 HP
Hit Delay: 0.35
Blocks: Fire, Melee and Acid
- (Passive) Shy: The tank will never attack or show itself if survivors are too close to each other. Survivors must be in groups of maximum 3 to allow the tank to appear.
- (Passive) Firm Ground: The tank is completely immune to stagger effects.
- (Passive) Shadow Resilience: Status effects on the tank only last half as long.
- (Passive) In the shadows: The tank becomes invisible and takes no damage. Additionally, the tank does not collide with survivors and makes no noise.
- (Passive) Shadow Recuperate: When the tank enters the shadows, it heals for 7.5% of its Max Health.
- (Passive) Shadow Corrupt: While in the shadows, all survivors above 10% HP take damage each second equal to the tank's missing health percent.
- (Active) Shadow Attack: When the tank reveals itself it will blind all survivors looking at it for 4 seconds and will stop being invisible. One survivor group will be Shadow Marked, causing them to gain 100% increased aggro and have their defenses disabled.
- (Passive) Shadow Murder: If a Shadow Marked survivor is killed by any means, the tank will return to the shadows.
- (Passive) Shadow Timeout: If the tank is hidden for 2 minutes it will forcibly reveal itself blinding every survivor for 10 seconds and dealing 25% current HP damage.
- (Passive) Shadow Frustration: Each second the Tank hasn't punched a Shadow Marked survivor, it gains 1% bonus attack damage until it does.
- (Passive) Shadow Taunt: If a Shadow Marked survivor hasn't damaged the Tank in 3 seconds, they will begin taking damage until they do.
- (Active) Lethal Ability: When the tank performs a shadow attack, it will start gaining frustration stacks. Upon 100 stacks, the tank performs a lethal ability.
- (Passive) Fury Guard: The tank gains % damage resist equal to half its fury level. While performing a Lethal Ability, the tank gains 99% damage resist.
- (Passive) Blind Fury: The tank has a chance to blind on each punch. The chance is higher the higher the tank's fury.
- (Active - Lethal) Division: The tank grabs a survivor and splits them in half. This results in an undefibbable death. The ability can be interrupted by freezing or stunning the tank before the animation completes. If interrupted, the tank gains 50% fury.
- (Active - Lethal) Kidnap: The tank grabs a survivor and quickly takes them along into the shadows. The tank and the survivor will re-appear at a random location and the survivor will become incapacitated. If the survivor is not revived within 5 seconds, the tank will re-emerge from the shadows and murder them instantly. If the survivor does not die, the tank gains 50% fury.
- (Active - Lethal) Toxin Release: The tank will shoot a powerful black gas all around it that will blind nearby survivors for 15 seconds and damage by 15% of the total damage they have done to the tank. The gas is capable of damaging and blinding survivors through obstacles.
The Shadow Tank is the only tank in mgftw that when spawned naturally stays hidden until it reveals itself. It is part of the Cleanse Scenario which has been around since the release of V1.8. This tank has also had various changes done to it throughout the year in 2018.
Recommended Buff Set
- (SURV) Knife
- (SURV) Goggles / |E| Dying Berserk*
- (SURV) |E| Zapping Gun+
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+
- (SURV) |V| Protective Bag / |E| Auto-Medical*
- (SURV) Avenger
- (SURV) |V| Bird Whistle
- (SURV) |V| Enraging Waves+
- (SURV) |E| Non-Aggression Pact
- (SURV) |E| Sacrifice
- (SURV) |V| Flamethrower / |Q| Piercing Bullets+*
- (SURV) |E| Slaying Automata+ / |E| Weak Point Spotter*
- (SURV) |E| Sticky Bomb+
- (SURV) |C| Discharger
- (SURV) |V| War Wounds
- (SURV) |V| Assassin Drone+
Buff Enhancements Used:
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, you will deal 1,500 explosive damage to all nearby infected. Each activation of this effect reduces damage by 250, down to 500 minimum. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- Loaded Zap: Zapping Gun only activates when at 100% charge. (|E| Zapping Gun)
- Guardian Recharger: Guardian Moustachio recharges 4 minutes after activating. (Guardian Moustachio)
- |E| Focused Enrage: Instead of drawing all Tank aggro when active, you can choose one Tank to aggro instantly. The aggro lasts 10 seconds and Enraging Waves will instantly be put on cooldown upon use. (|V| Enraging Waves)
- |E| Armor Piercing Bullets: Shots may reduce more Tank armor, Flesh armor or Barrier health. Bonus reduction is equal to the weapon's bonus damage per shot. All weapons except AWP/Scout have 1/3 chance to activate. (|Q| Piercing Bullets)
- Explosive Automata: Turret gains 5% chance to shoot Grenade Launcher. (|E| Slaying Automata)
- Safety Bomb: Bomb doesn't affect allies, radius reduced to 200. (|E| Sticky Bomb)
- Medic Assassin: Assassin Drone shot has chance to heal for 80HP. Chance is equal to 3% of damage dealt. (|V| Assassin Drone)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you want to have the tank aggro you by punching you rather than climbing all over you, you can swap out the |V| Protective Bag Buff for the |E| Auto-Medical Buff.
- If you want to use another weapon for DPS against the tank rather than the |V| Flamethrower Buff, you can swap it out for the |Q| Piercing Bullets Buff.
- If you want to try dealing damage that ignores defense over true damage to the tank, you can swap out the |E| Slaying Automata Buff for the |E| Weak Point Spotter Buff.
Weapons used in this buff set:
- Any Primary Weapon
- Either single/dual Pistols or Magnum Pistol
Benefits of this buff set: <top>
- Knife: Gives you 1 knife that can be used to release yourself from an SI attack once. Your knife can be used after 1 second of being pinned, by pressing ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: Upon taking lethal damage (except fall damage) you become spared from death for 6 seconds. You don't consume ammo or gain fatigue, damage will ignore enemy defenses and immunities and become immune to bad status and CC effects. Buff attack bonuses are halved during this duration and you will also draw tank aggro if no-one else is and the tank isn't on taunt cooldown. <Piercing immunities sets all attack bonuses for that shot to zero> <✖ VS>
- |E| Zapping Gun: Moving around charges the pistol. For each 1% charge, +10 bonus damage dealt. When fully charged, +2 second stun on target affected. Each shot resets charge to 0. <Charged shot activates on special infected and tanks only> <Tanks can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Gun recharge rate: 3% per second running, 1% crouching/walking> <✖ VS>
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless if lethal damage is taken. <Works only once per round>
- |V| Protective Bag: Allows you to activate a special device for 8 (2 on VS) seconds. +immune to all sources of damage, but cannot attack or move. All infected will lose interest in you and ignore you. <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Must be on the ground to activate> (Command: sm_protectbag)
- |E| Auto-Medical: If you have a First Aid Kit, Pills or Adrenaline before taking lethal damage, they are automatically used if they can prevent death. Pills/Adrenaline used from this effect are x2 effective and also activate if they can prevent incapacitation. <Doesn't work if hanging or from fall damage> <First Aid Kit won't activate if pinned> <3 minute cooldown for First Aid Kit> <✖ VS>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, +200% increased damage dealt to the killer and cannot be killed by it for 8 seconds. Increased damage dealt scales down overtime. Effect time resets if the killer kills again. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- |V| Bird Whistle: Use a bird whistle to call crows to attack. Infected within 600 units take damage every second for 5 seconds equal to: - Common and Special: 1,000 HP - Tanks 1: 1% max health, Tier 2+: 0.4% max health (max 1,500) <Only one whistle can be active at the same time> <Activate in !buy menu, 5 minute cooldown, requires 500 unit headroom> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bwhistle)
- |V| Enraging Waves: Allows you to use a frequency device. When activated all tanks not already taunted will immediately reset their aggro and focus you for 10 seconds or until the device is deactivated. <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_enrage)
- |E| Non-Aggression Pact: If 50%+ of survivors are dead. You can use the !buy menu to form a pact for 20 seconds. All survivors and tanks become damage immune, Special Infected will release their victims and cannot pin and survivor use actions can't be interrupted. <No effect if a Tank is Desperate/Guarded or to actions that directly kill> <Once per round between all survivors> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pact)
- |E| Sacrifice: When activated, sacrifice yourself and become undefibbable. You revive all dead survivors within 500 units with 33% max HP as bonus HP and 5 seconds of Moustachio Bless. <Activate from !buy menu, press attack to confirm, or shove to cancel> <Cannot use if pinned by infected or incapacitated> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_sacrifice)
- |V| Flamethrower: Replaces your M60 weapon with a powerful flamethrower that can affect fire-immune tanks. While held, no move speed bonuses. It deals 75 true damage every 0.1 seconds. <Flamethrower cannot benefit from damage, fire rate or ammo save modifiers> <Cannot buy or use special ammo (can still buy ammo packs)> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Piercing Bullets: Upon shooting the same Special Infected/Tank, +1% increased damage/bullet (+2% with Hunting Rifle/Single Pistol and +3% with Magnum pistol, AWP or Scout sniper rifles). Effect resets when changing target, changing weapon, or reloading. With shotguns, chance to gain 1% per pellet, chance = 75% - (weapon tier * pellet count). <Max bonus: +150%>
- |E| Slaying Automata: Allows you to deploy a turret once per round which shoots at nearby infected each second in 600 units, 180* arc, dealing 150 damage. It goes idle if it hasn't shot in 20 seconds and if the owner is over 300 units away. Anyone can press USE on it to wake it. <Turret can be rotated by pressing USE> <Max 4 active turrets, idle turrets will be replaced by new ones> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_turret)
- |E| Weak Point Spotter: Allows you to randomly ignore defenses and immunities on infected. <Chance: 3%> <Piercing immunities sets all attack bonuses for that shot to zero> <✖ VS>
- |E| Sticky Bomb: Holding USE and shoving a tank will deploy a bomb for 30 seconds. When it blows, all infected in 350 units take 10,000 true damage. Survivors nearby take 15% max HP damage and be stunned for 5 seconds. Bomb fails if tank dies. Only 1 bomb attachable at a time. <Target must have 100k HP or more> <Uses on the same target lowers damage by 2.5K, 2.5K minimum> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- |C| Discharger: Allows you to deploy a defibrillator in the ground. It damages, ignites and stuns infected around. On the last tick, it resurrects back all nearby survivors and deals more damage. <Shove floor with defib while crouching to activate> <Tank can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Damage: 300 every 0.5 seconds for 8 seconds (3000 on last tick)> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- |V| War Wounds: After reviving or being revived from incapacitation only caused by infected, +7 per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 250 HP, Overall: 2,500HP> <✖ VS>
- |V| Assassin Drone: Allows you to summon a assassin drone that shoots at special infected and tanks only, dealing 300 damage every 4 seconds on each shot. Each consecutive shot on the same target deals +300 additional damage (Max: 900HP). Upon reaching maximum damage, damage resets to 300HP. <Incompatible with other drones> <✖ VS>
Tips for this tank: <top>
- When the tank appears and is generating fury, try to avoid stunning/freezing the tank at all costs until after it activates the lethal ability, in the event that this ability happens to be Division. That way, you'll be able to save the survivor targeted before he/she becomes permanently dead.
- If you are low on HP and don't want to die while the Shadow Tank is alive, feel free to heal yourself up. Just don't do it while the tank is hidden or you'll take continuous damage from the Shadow Corrupt ability.
- If you are shadow marked, be sure to shoot the tank once every 3 seconds or so to avoid taking any damage from his Shadow Taunt ability.