Recommended Offensive/Defensive Buff Set 1 (BaBS)
Recommended Offensive/Defensive Buff Set 1 (BaBS V2.1.5)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Offensive/Defensive Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | ODBS1 | ODBS2
This Buff Set is situated towards using both offensive and defensive buffs against the infected. You can try to deal a ton of damage to them, and then defend against their attacks in response.
Balanced COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife
- (SURV) Goggles / Finale Dominator*
- (SURV) |Q| Piercing Bullets
- (SURV) Tank Slayer
- (SURV) |E| Weak Point Spotter
- (SURV) |E| Zapping Gun
- (SURV) General Tank Handler
- (SURV) Mindset Change
- (SURV) |E| Advanced Morphine Injector
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist
- (SURV) |V| Persistence
- (SURV) |E| Promise
- (SURV) |E| Berserk
- (SURV) |V| Bird Whistle
- (SURV) |E| Dying Berserk
- (SURV) |V| War Wounds
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the Finale Dominator Buff.
Weapons used for this buff set
- Any Primary Weapon (Whichever your good with)
- Any Secondary Pistol (Whichever your good with)
Benefits of this buff set <top>
- Knife: Gives you 1 knife that can be used to release yourself from an SI attack once. Your knife can be used after 1 second of being pinned, by pressing ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, On each special infected kill, +1 stack of finale dominator (+2 stacks on each uber special infected kill), up to 15. +2% increased damage, +1% increased defense, +1% increased movement speed, +0.5% increased fire rate, +2% increased reload speed and +2% chance to save ammo. You lose a stack in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by special infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
- Piercing Bullets: Upon shooting the same infected, +1% increased damage per bullet (+2% with Hunting Rifle and +3% with Magnum pistol, AWP or Scout sniper rifles). Effect resets when changing target, changing weapon, or reloading. With shotguns, chance to gain 1% per pellet, chance = 100% - (weapon tier * pellet count). <Max bonus: +150%>
- Tank Slayer: You deal +300HP bonus damage to tanks every 4 seconds with ranged guns. <✖ VS>
- Weak Point Spotter: Allows you to randomly ignore defenses and immunities on infected.<Chance: 3%> <Piercing immunities sets all attack bonuses for that shot to zero> <✖ VS>
- Zapping Gun: Moving around charges the pistol. For each 1% charge, +10 bonus damage dealt. When fully charged, +2 second stun on target affected. Each shot resets charge to 0. <Charged shot activates on special infected and tanks only> <Tanks can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun> <Gun recharge rate: 3% per second running, 1% crouching/walking> <✖ VS>
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks x current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Mindset Change: Allows you to be incapacitated an unlimited number of times. On each incap, max incap HP = 90% of previous value. Using a first aid kit restores it to full. <Incap max health won't go lower than 300> <✖ VS>
- Advanced Morphine Injector: Heals 1% missing HP every 5 seconds while not incapacitated or hanging from a ledge. Cannot be healed if poisoned. <Incompatible with Morphine Injector Buff> <✖ VS>
- Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- Persistence: -50% less damage taken from all sources, x2 damage taken while incapacitated <Reduces your maximum defense by 10%> <Does not affect fall damage> <Incompatible with Tenacity buff> <✖ VS>
- Promise: +1000 increased max HP. On other survivor death to infected, -400 damage (- their level). Damage is scaled based on current HP and ignored below 10% HP. <You don't take damage if incapacitated> <✖ VS>
- Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. If you die, the effect ends and goes on cooldown. <Available in the !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Piercing immunities sets all attack bonuses for that shot to zero> <✖ VS>
- Bird whistle: Use a bird whistle to call crows to attack infected within 600 units. They take damage every second for 5 seconds equal to: - Common and Special: 1,000 HP - Tier 1: 1% max health - Tier 2 or stronger: 0.4% max health <Max DPS against tanks is 1,500> <Activate in !buy menu, 5 minute cooldown, requires 500 unit headroom> <✖ VS>
- Dying Berserk: Upon taking lethal damage (except fall damage) you become spared from death for 6 seconds. Your shots consume 0 ammo, ignore enemy defenses and immunities and become immune to bad status and CC effects. You will also draw tank aggro if no-one else already is. <Piercing immunities sets all attack bonuses for that shot to zero> <✖ VS>
- War wounds: After reviving or being revived from incapacitation only caused by infected, +7 per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 250 HP, Overall: 2,500HP> <✖ VS>
Tips for effectively using this buff set well <top>
- If you plan on aggroing tanks, make sure you have a high amount of current HP. Then deal a lot of damage to one tank or more and aggro them over to you so you can take their damage for everyone else.