Recommended Defensive Buff Set (ClS) (MGS)
Recommended Defensive Buff Set (Cleanse Scenario) (MGS V2.1.5)
Back to Marvelous Gaming Scenario Page
Back to Cleanse Scenario Page
Back to Strategies for Cleanse Scenario Page
Go to Recommended | OBS | DBS | HBS | SBS
Defensive Buff Set
- (SURV) Knife
- (SURV) Goggles / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+
- (SURV) Group morale
- (SURV) General Tank Handler
- (SURV) |E| Love is in the air / |E| Courage*
- (SURV) Tenacity+
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist+ / Ranged Expert+*
- (SURV) |V| Guardian Dispenser / Counter Slap*
- (SURV) |V| Protective Bag / |E| Auto-Medical*
- (SURV) |E| Bodyguard / |E| It wasn't that high*
- (SURV) Avenger / Unstoppable*
- (SURV) |V| Enraging Waves+
- (SURV) |E| Non-Aggression Pact
- (SURV) |E| Sacrifice
- (SURV) |C| Discharger
Buff Enhancements Used:
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, you will deal 1,500 explosive damage to all nearby infected. Each activation of this effect reduces damage by 250, down to 500 minimum. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- Guardian Recharger: Guardian Moustachio recharges 4 minutes after activating. (Guardian Moustachio)
- |E| Vigor: Increases the potency of all heal/regen effects by 3. (Tenacity)
- |E| Ranged Perfectionist: Assault Rifles and SMGs no longer suffer range damage dropoff. (Ranged Expert)
- Tank Resister: 20% defense is now 20% damage resistance, making it always active. (|E| Tank Duelist)
- |E| Focused Enrage: Instead of drawing all Tank aggro when active, you can choose one Tank to aggro instantly. The aggro lasts 10 seconds and Enraging Waves will instantly be put on cooldown upon use. (|V| Enraging Waves)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you want to give survivors additional defense and movement speed instead of giving your favourite defense, you can swap out the |E| Love is in the air Buff for the |E| Courage Buff.
- If you want to have more DPS against shadow tank over damage resistance, you can swap out the |E| Tank Duelist Buff for the Ranged Expert Buff.
- If you don't want to be slapped to death by boomers, you can swap out the |V| Guardian Dispenser Buff for the Counter Slap Buff.
- If you want to have another buff saving you from death after taking lethal damage, you can swap out the |V| Protective Bag Buff for the |E| Auto-Medical Buff.
- If you don't want to be permanently killed over saving a survivor from death, you can swap out the |E| Bodyguard Buff for the |E| It wasn't that high Buff.
- IF you don't want the Special Infected to pin you easily, you can swap out the Avenger Buff for the Unstoppable Buff.
Weapons used in this buff set:
- Any Primary Weapon
- Any Secondary Weapon
Benefits of this buff set: <top>
- Knife: Gives you 1 knife that can be used to release yourself from an SI attack once. Your knife can be used after 1 second of being pinned, by pressing ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: Upon taking lethal damage (except fall damage) you become spared from death for 6 seconds. You don't consume ammo or gain fatigue, damage will ignore enemy defenses and immunities and become immune to bad status and CC effects. Buff attack bonuses are halved during this duration and you will also draw tank aggro if no-one else is and the tank isn't on taunt cooldown. <Piercing immunities sets all attack bonuses for that shot to zero> <✖ VS>
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless if lethal damage is taken. <Works only once per round>
- Group morale: -1% reduced damage taken for every other survivor alive.
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks x current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- |E| Love is in the air: Allows you to select a teammate as a favourite in !buy menu. Chosen teammate receives up to +25% defense and you take up to 10% base damage they take depending on how close you are to them within 500 units. Within 250 units, when favourite gains HP, you heal 25% of their heal. <Favourite cannot be changed once set and lasts the whole round> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_favorite)
- |E| Courage: After reviving a teammate (hanging revives don't count), they take -50% less damage (including true damage), and gain +25% movement speed. The bonuses decay over 25 seconds. <✖ VS>
- Tenacity: +200 additional maximum HP per level above 200, but you will die if HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP each once per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Max defense while equipped: 50%> <Max gain from this buff: 7,500HP> <Increases damage taken from all hits by 3> <✖ VS>
- |E| Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- Ranged Expert: Assault Rifles and SMGs ignore the defenses of your target, they're not affected by attack bonuses from buffs, they shoot and reload -25% slower. <✖ VS>
- |V| Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Heals nearby survivors for +5HP + 0.3% Max HP per second, cures all bad status effects and gives moustachio bless for 2 seconds. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <✖ VS>
- Counter Slap: -2% decrease in bitch-slap power x amount of boomers killed during the round. <Max: 40%>
- |V| Protective Bag: Allows you to activate a special device for 8 (2 on VS) seconds. +immune to all sources of damage, but cannot attack or move. All infected will lose interest in you and ignore you. <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Must be on the ground to activate> (Command: sm_protectbag)
- |E| Auto-Medical: If you have a First Aid Kit, Pills or Adrenaline before taking lethal damage, they are automatically used if they can prevent death. Pills/Adrenaline used from this effect are x2 effective and also activate if they can prevent incapacitation. <Doesn't work if hanging or from fall damage> <First Aid Kit won't activate if pinned> <3 minute cooldown for First Aid Kit> <✖ VS>
- |E| Bodyguard: You can choose a survivor to protect. If they die within 700 units, you die instead. Chosen survivor gains full heal, loses tank aggro and is cured of all bad statuses. While dead, +1 bounty gained every time they earn bounty. A survivor can only have 1 bodyguard, bodyguards can't have one. <Target can't be changed until they are not valid> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bodyguard)
- |E| It wasn't that high: -10% decreased fall damage caused by infected. +300HP increased needed damage to become ragdoll'd. Prevents ragdoll death once per round if killed by fall damage within 600 units of another visible survivor. <✖ VS>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, +200% increased damage dealt to the killer and cannot be killed by it for 8 seconds. Increased damage dealt scales down overtime. Effect time resets if the killer kills again. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- Unstoppable: Gives you the ability to block Special Infected pins, staggers and tank rock stuns. Chance = current HP % + 3%. -15% chance for each SI nearby above 3. -20% chance for each Uber SI nearby. <Does not work if incapacitated or rushing> <Doesn't block status effects, tank punches or boomer slaps> <✖ VS>
- |V| Enraging Waves: Allows you to use a frequency device. When activated all tanks not already taunted will immediately reset their aggro and focus you for 10 seconds or until the device is deactivated. <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_enrage)
- |E| Non-Aggression Pact: If 50%+ of survivors are dead. You can use the !buy menu to form a pact for 20 seconds. All survivors and tanks become damage immune, Special Infected will release their victims and cannot pin and survivor use actions can't be interrupted. <No effect if a Tank is Desperate/Guarded or to actions that directly kill> <Once per round between all survivors> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pact)
- |E| Sacrifice: When activated, sacrifice yourself and become undefibbable. You revive all dead survivors within 500 units with 33% max HP as bonus HP and 5 seconds of Moustachio Bless. <Activate from !buy menu, press attack to confirm, or shove to cancel> <Cannot use if pinned by infected or incapacitated> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_sacrifice)
- |C| Discharger: Allows you to deploy a defibrillator in the ground. It damages, ignites and stuns infected around. On the last tick, it resurrects back all nearby survivors and deals more damage. <Shove floor with defib while crouching to activate> <Tank can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Damage: 300 every 0.5 seconds for 8 seconds (3000 on last tick)> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- If you are not shadow marked, try to aggro the Shadow Tank off of the shadow marked players so that you can soak the damage for them instead.
- If you currently have a high amount of HP and don't want to focus on soaking damage from the Shadow Tank, you can go a bit away instead and focus on aggroing nearby SI with your Unstoppable Buff to you so they don't affect other survivors who may be focusing down the tank instead.
- Whenever you have both the Enraging Waves and Protective Bag Buffs available for use, wait until the Shadow Tank has first appeared, find a place where everyone can deal free damage to the tank and activate both buffs so the tank will be forced to stay near you for several seconds.