Awakened Brutal Tank (AS-MGS)
Awakened Brutal Tank (MGS V2.1.4)
Back to Scenario Page
Back to Awakening Scenario Page
Awakened Brutal Tank
The Awakened Brutal Tank is one of the strongest tanks out there. Survivors should be very careful before engaging in combat with it.
Punch Damage: 2,000 HP
Hit Delay: 1.0
Blocks: Fire and Melee
- (Passive) Brutal Death: When the tank kills a survivor, it will brutally damage the survivor's corpse and cause the fear status on survivors nearby for 6 seconds. The damage to the corpse will cause the killed survivor to lose 30% maximum health permanently should they be resurrected.
- (Passive) Sadist: Upon killing a survivor, the tank gains 70% damage resistance which decays over 10 seconds. Each dead body on the map will also give the tank an additional 4% damage resistance.
- (Active) Directed Detonator: The tank will slam the ground, spawning a projectile to chase after the furthest survivor in its current line of sight. The projectile will stagger and deal 10% claw damage to survivors nearby while travelling. After 15 seconds or if the projectile reaches it's target, it will explode, dealing up to 50% claw damage to nearby survivors depending on the distance from the explosion.
- (Active) Brutal Leap: The tank jumps into the air and returns to the ground after a small delay, causing an explosion that deals up to 50% claw damage to nearby survivors depending on the distance.
- (Passive) Penetration: The tank ignores defense.
- (Passive) Fear of death: The tank punches cause fear status for 3 seconds.
- (Passive) Crippling Fear: If the tank punches a feared target, they will not be knocked away.
- (Passive) Incremental Power: The tank gains 200 claw damage every 45 seconds that passes.
- (Passive) Taunt Resist: The tank ignores any aggro overriding effects.
- (Passive) No survival: The tank gains move speed every second it hasn't killed a survivor. It's move speed resets once it does.
- (Active) Brutal Parasite: The tank plants a biological entity into the survivor's back that will quickly eat their flesh. The survivor takes 300 HP damage per second. The other survivors must shoot the parasite to free their friend. If a survivor dies with the parasite it will quickly jump into the closest survivor available (Radius: 400).
The Awakened Brutal Tank is one of the strongest tanks out there that is part of the Awakening Scenario back when V1.8 was released. It used to be able to heal from the dead bodies on the map but it was since changed to have damage resistance gain instead.
Recommended Buff Set
- (SURV) Knife
- (SURV) Goggles / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) Deflection Suit
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+
- (SURV) Tenacity+
- (SURV) |V| Guardian Dispenser / |E| Zapping Gun+*
- (SURV) Avenger
- (SURV) |V| Bird Whistle / |E| Slaying Automata+*
- (SURV) Mobility Master
- (SURV) |E| Non-Aggression Pact
- (SURV) |E| Sacrifice
- (SURV) Frag Grenade
- (SURV) |V| Electric Frag Grenade
- (SURV) |E| Sticky Bomb+
- (SURV) |C| Discharger
- (SURV) Speedy Water
Buff Enhancements Used:
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, you will deal 1,500 explosive damage to all nearby infected. Each activation of this effect reduces damage by 250, down to 500 minimum. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- Guardian Recharger: Guardian Moustachio recharges 4 minutes after activating. (Guardian Moustachio)
- |E| Vigor: Increases the potency of all heal/regen effects by 3. (Tenacity)
- Loaded Zap: Zapping Gun only activates when at 100% charge. (|E| Zapping Gun)
- Explosive Automata: Turret gains 5% chance to shoot Grenade Launcher. (|E| Slaying Automata)
- Safety Bomb: Bomb doesn't affect allies, radius reduced to 200. (|E| Sticky Bomb)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you want to have a way to stun the tank, you can swap out the |V| Guardian Dispenser Buff for the |E| Zapping Gun Buff.
- If you want to be an effective support, you can swap out the |V| Bird Whistle Buff for the |E| Slaying Automata Buff.
Weapons used in this buff set:
- Any Primary Weapon
- Any Secondary Weapon
Benefits of this buff set: <top>
- Knife: Gives you 1 knife that can be used to release yourself from an SI attack once. Your knife can be used after 1 second of being pinned, by pressing ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: Upon taking lethal damage (except fall damage) you become spared from death for 6 seconds. You don't consume ammo or gain fatigue, damage will ignore enemy defenses and immunities and become immune to bad status and CC effects. Buff attack bonuses are halved during this duration and you will also draw tank aggro if no-one else is and the tank isn't on taunt cooldown. <Piercing immunities sets all attack bonuses for that shot to zero> <✖ VS>
- Deflection Suit: Reflect 50% of melee damage taken against infected. Against tanks and witches, reflect 25% of melee damage taken. <Damage returned won't generate Tank aggro> <✖ VS>
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless if lethal damage is taken. <Works only once per round>
- Tenacity: +200 additional maximum HP per level above 200, but you will die if HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP each once per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Max defense while equipped: 50%> <Max gain from this buff: 7,500HP> <Increases damage taken from all hits by 3> <✖ VS>
- |V| Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Heals nearby survivors for +5HP + 0.3% Max HP per second, cures all bad status effects and gives moustachio bless for 2 seconds. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <✖ VS>
- |E| Zapping Gun: Moving around charges the pistol. For each 1% charge, +10 bonus damage dealt. When fully charged, +2 second stun on target affected. Each shot resets charge to 0. <Charged shot activates on special infected and tanks only> <Tanks can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Gun recharge rate: 3% per second running, 1% crouching/walking> <✖ VS>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, +200% increased damage dealt to the killer and cannot be killed by it for 8 seconds. Increased damage dealt scales down overtime. Effect time resets if the killer kills again. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- |V| Bird Whistle: Use a bird whistle to call crows to attack. Infected within 600 units take damage every second for 5 seconds equal to: - Common and Special: 1,000 HP - Tanks 1: 1% max health, Tier 2+: 0.4% max health (max 1,500) <Only one whistle can be active at the same time> <Activate in !buy menu, 5 minute cooldown, requires 500 unit headroom> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bwhistle)
- |E| Slaying Automata: Allows you to deploy a turret once per round which shoots at nearby infected each second in 600 units, 180* arc, dealing 150 damage. It goes idle if it hasn't shot in 20 seconds and if the owner is over 300 units away. Anyone can press USE on it to wake it. <Turret can be rotated by pressing USE> <Max 4 active turrets, idle turrets will be replaced by new ones> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_turret)
- Mobility Master: Enables you to double jump in the air or double dash in any direction. <15 second cooldown for dashing, cannot jump for 0.5 seconds on dash start> <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated, incapable of moving or scoped> <Triple tapping WALK key can toggle Dash functionality> <✖ VS>
- |E| Non-Aggression Pact: If 50%+ of survivors are dead. You can use the !buy menu to form a pact for 20 seconds. All survivors and tanks become damage immune, Special Infected will release their victims and cannot pin and survivor use actions can't be interrupted. <No effect if a Tank is Desperate/Guarded or to actions that directly kill> <Once per round between all survivors> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pact)
- |E| Sacrifice: When activated, sacrifice yourself and become undefibbable. You revive all dead survivors within 500 units with 33% max HP as bonus HP and 5 seconds of Moustachio Bless. <Activate from !buy menu, press attack to confirm, or shove to cancel> <Cannot use if pinned by infected or incapacitated> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_sacrifice)
- Frag Grenade: Your pipe bomb will instantly detonate on collision. <Incompatible with Sticky Grenade buff>
- |V| Electric Frag Grenade: Exchanges your pipe bombs for electric frag bombs. Infected caught in the explosion are ignited and stunned for 4 seconds (1 second on tanks). If the infected was in water, they are also electrocuted for 25 seconds. The stuns ignore the 15 second stun/freeze immunity. <Incompatible with other buffs that change grenade contents> <Same target can't be electrocuted again for 30 seconds> <✖ VS>
- |E| Sticky Bomb: Holding USE and shoving a tank will deploy a bomb for 30 seconds. When it blows, all infected in 350 units take 10,000 true damage. Survivors nearby take 15% max HP damage and be stunned for 5 seconds. Bomb fails if tank dies. Only 1 bomb attachable at a time. <Target must have 100k HP or more> <Uses on the same target lowers damage by 2.5K, 2.5K minimum> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- |C| Discharger: Allows you to deploy a defibrillator in the ground. It damages, ignites and stuns infected around. On the last tick, it resurrects back all nearby survivors and deals more damage. <Shove floor with defib while crouching to activate> <Tank can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Damage: 300 every 0.5 seconds for 8 seconds (3000 on last tick)> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- Speedy Water: Increased speed while in water.
Tips for this tank: <top>
- The fight with this tank becomes much easier when you are in the water, as you'll be able to move around a lot quicker than normal. Be sure to fight this tank along the water on the east side of the beach so that the other infected take more time to reach you.
- Don't be afraid to heal if you know that you are about to die from the tank, that is if you don't want your Guardian Moustachio / Guardian Dispenser Buffs to be activating just yet.
- The tank is vulnerable to being electrocuted when inside the water, so be sure to get him with an Electric Frag Grenade every minute or so. That way you'll have an easier time avoiding some of his abilities or by preventing the tank from getting near the survivors when he gets occasionally stunned for a few short moments.