1. Click here to join our community discord server.

What about us?

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by Tricky, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

I have no idea where to start or on what point to end so I'm just going to say it how it comes.

Where are bug fixes for PR that the community, who help fund the servers, so badly want?

Where are the admins replies on the threads that are asking for said fixes?

Where are all the admins in PR servers as of late?

Simply put, they're playing HI or rarely play L4D any-more.

Why aren't the PR servers monitored any-more?

Where are the admin?!

In all seriousness, I like HI and I've had so many laughs on there with new and old PR players alike but it seems that PR has been shoved aside for a gamemode that makes no income to help fund servers. People donate to help keep the servers alive yet their questions are not even being ANSWERED on the forums.

I see numerous admins on the chatbox yet not one can provide answers. From what I've seen lately, Erik seems to be the only admin with any kind of PR related activity and the only one providing answers for questions yet even he has said he can do no-more now.

Why aren't the admins working together?

This will probably go unanswered like other posts but as a donor I feel I have a right to speak my opinion.

I wont hold out for any answers, though, I do hope someone, somewhere will realise that the entire PR community, the people who help you to pay for the servers, are waiting for you.

Wishing you marvelous gaming,

Tricky

2. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

So, it has come to this.

Honor cannot work on two projects alone.

The gamers, at the very least, deserve some maintenance going on into the servers. The least we can do is repay them for their time at MG. It's not enough to say we haven't got the time, that's old news now. We've neglected them for too long.

So yeah, let's get working :)

3. tank

tank MG Donor

Yes lately it was used more time to bring up the new mod HI mod, which is all right, nice to bring something new, no need to be yelaousy for dat. I really like dat new mod, and server is full most of time, many of HI players, started play coop to now.
    .I like PR to,i personally did no played last months cos i played other mod,i joined yesterday, we played, server was full but some people raged anyway, i dont think they raged cos of scrambel sys, cos they where high lvl on both side.I see all coop servers full most of time, a lot of new players, thats good, new players is good for MG.
    People doesn't realize dat for cover all MG servers in 24 hours should have about 40 admins,
    second admins,roots have own life to,private life, job, girl,boy, wife....
    So maybe if you have a lot a free time to sitt home and play all day, every day others maybe have not
    , and admins and roots do this job here for free.
    Dont forget dat L4d came 2008 and l4d2 in 2009 so some people get bored, and they play other games, i have alot a friends stop playing l4d on MG not cos of the bugs but cos they play other games.
    The other side they are some people here typing last month in forum threats that they will leave MG if bugs dont get fixed,guys if u dont like to be here then just go bro, by the way i see someone of them get back to play after they said they leaving for good :).Don,t threts MG man, dont come here to cry you will leave (not you tricky, i spoke for some others here, they know who they are)
    I have great time all this years here, thx Marvel,Hc and all other roots,admins that no bug can make me leave this place.
    They are 2 kind of people here, people who play for fun and people who came play here only for skills and lvl up and stats, i see someone get back after lvl 200 get to 215, they played, reached 215 and after they left.
    I am sure that most bugs will be fixed, give a man a time,we have only one machinist here to fix all this machines.
    Remamber they was bugs in past to and they got fixed.
    Sorry for my shitty english,
    Peace and cheers ;)

4. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

I am not denying the fact admins have lives too and that all work put into the servers is purely non-profit, but, as I see it from a regular HI player and PR player, some admins spend alot of time in HI when they could be focussing on what should be a #1 priority.

Hidden Infected has a system that auto kicks abusive players, the gamemode is stable with no problems reported by players and the server is probably one of the most stable servers MG hosts. Why cant the admin swap 1 game night a week to work on PR or at least allow someone they trust to sort it if they are so very busy on HI?

I'm always appreciative of the work done by all MG staff (except a few who seem to have abandoned their post yet not been stripped of responsibilities or at least warned) and I thoroughly enjoy each and every server that is offered to me to play on.

Wishing you marvelous gaming,

Tricky

5. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

6. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

PR-VS needs some ChooChoo magic, right? o:

7. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

I've always offered to do and learn more in regards to PR, but it falls short of going anywhere. I'm not an idle admin and I'm not someone that won't learn things. If someone shows me the PR code stuff I'm sure we can sort bugs out quicker. It took me 1 week to learn to convert a model for L4D2 and 1 month to finish a decent survival map for L4D1 (which lead to better stuff in L4D2), I'm sure I can learn the coding side of PR just as quick.

I have played coop the last few days and I see a lot of new players on CA server. I'm not that keen on HI, even when I play on it I'm just observing behavior and not playing seriously (I stand still a lot and get killed instantly). We need to get the VS bugs sorted out, I saw in the chatbox that a lot of people wanted to play VS, but not with the current scramble system which is causing unbalanced teams and people want to start switching to balance which leads to fights and potential bans and breaks up the VS community.

8. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

This is the main point which caused me to start this thread. It has been an ongoing issue now for a LONG time and has gone COMPLETELY unanswered with regards to will it be fixed and if so when.

9. Ian

Ian MG Donor

You may have played on PR-VS solo for 2 hours, but at what time and day? recently i've been playing and there are almost full VS games with very unbalanced teams, and i find that VS would be much more active if there was a proper balance system.

About your post, i can't figure out what you're trying to point out, please elaborate?