1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Weird text on console

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by JavCube, Mar 21, 2014.

1. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

Today on Dead Air finale, we experienced some lag, when i openned the console I saw this weird text appearing like crazy. I mean really fast.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=240473207
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=240473288

Later on other campaign (Blood Harvest i think), like 2-3 maps later. The server crashed and this was on console.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=240473331

Don't know if this has something to do with the crash or the lag. But so far this is what i report.

Hope it helps :D

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm not sure about the first two, I've never seen them before, but the third I have seen plenty of, so I don't think that's an issue. I believe the third might show up randomly in vanilla L4D2 as well.

3. Ian

Ian MG Donor

3rd has been there all along, 1st and 2nd, i only noticed it recently when i played but no crashes occured

4. tank

tank MG Donor

first and second happened to me couple times on hidden infected server due the lag, must be some valve bug.

5. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

The third one is normal. It means something's wrong with Zoey and Bill's animations.

The first and second error messages seem to suggest you are missing the model named bodybag_01. Please note that sometimes (when a developer for a mod feels like it) Counter Strike models are used in L4D2 which causes issues for L4D2 players who don't have Counter Strike. When this happens, a great "ERROR" logo appears where the CS model should be. See gif below:

[​IMG]

An error like the one in the gif suggests there is a model that you are definitely missing (in that case, verify your game files and then if all else fails, download CS). No error suggests that you have the model, yet the game itself is unwilling to show it.

The simplest and safest suggested fix for all the errors would be to verify your game files.

However, that did not work for me. It may work in your case :noidea:

6. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

On dead air, this happens only when looking toward the gas truck, if you look away (towards saferoom for example) it will stop. This is not uncommon. As legend has said, the game is trying to draw a model but cannot fetch the model requested. This also happens to me but I can verify that I have CS installed.

I have never noticed a crash relating to this issue.

As said by others, the 3rd is also very common and something that EVERYONE will have seen/will see in their lifetime on l4d. None of these have caused a crash for me.

7. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

The 3rd one is because you have character models for Zoey and Bill (your RE mods). Most replacement models don't include facial animations.