1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Versus game for Liem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tali, May 1, 2017.

1. Tali

Tali MG Donor

As some of you might know, last year on May 10th we lost one of our most dedicated and passionate community members, Liem.
    Liem was very well known on the Versus servers and every day he would invite everybody on his list to join the server and fill up a game. He was devoted to our clan and to his friends and could put a smile on your face just by doing something silly or raging at something in a hilarious way.

We at the EOP clan miss him dearly. It's very hard to imagine versus coming back and not having him with us. We want to do something special to remember him and honor him in the best way we know how, and the way that we think he would really appreciate.

On behalf of Jones and myself I would like to invite everyone to a Versus game we will be having this may the 10th. It will be a Wednesday evening so hopefully a lot of you can come even though it's not the weekend. We want to have at least one full game from start to finish, in a friendly environment, and dedicate it to our dear friend Liem.

If you have any screenshots of him from versus games please post them here as we would all love to see them.
    And I hope a lot of you can make it and share this game with us.

thank you all ~
    EOP

timkit, Horama and Adward like this.
  2. timkit

timkit MG Donor

"Tali:
    thats really sweet timkit. you should put it in the thread before it gets lost in chat when new msgs roll in"

Might as well post now before the new messages come by.

For those VS players that will be going into battle on Versus on may 10th as a general VS event to celebrate the life of a clan member. I will be importing the usage of infected buffs and infected roles guide to the wiki. As a sign of respect for those who had alot of good memories with liem and for me to show how much I appricated having him around myself :D

And besides its about time you guys deserved something, a contribution from me to help you all get back to reviving Versus. Believe me when I say it but I truly wanted it to be revived back to the old way it was meant to be in the first place. That is the true versus i'm sure every one of you versus players including liem would have wanted :)

3. fufu

fufu Junior Member

Yes liem was a very kind and nice person
    I could feel that through out those gaming days with him
    it was very shock hearing the bad news about him
    even at the time when most of old player left MG
    he still stayed
    it feels like I left a brother back on the battle field
    and he is gone already when I return
    real enjoy the time here with him
    thank you liem

4. Horama

Horama MG Donor

i will be here and invite my clan - Pain

5. fufu

fufu Junior Member

give me the strength liem
    to get even on those heartless basters
    whoever charged jumped slapped punched on you
    and to help me get the 3 extra buff slots as the reward from the event

6. timkit

timkit MG Donor

I'll be starting an invite wave for all versus servers on May 10th after the countdown hits 0. The invite wave will happen very frequently and then usually once every hour. It will continue to be done until a set time and date during May 11th when I won't be able to do anymore invites.

Lets make these versus servers as fun as they can be with many players online :)

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...ay+10th+mgftw+Versus+Event&font=cursive&csz=1

7. Tali

Tali MG Donor

game will take place at 6pm GMT on may 10th
    invites should start rolling out around an hour prior to it

8. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I'll be there. liem was a passionate gamer, funny guy, and most importantly a genuinely friendly and welcoming person. He's sorely missed by anyone who had the fortune to play with him.

Horama likes this.
  9. timkit

timkit MG Donor

unfortunate. I may end up on missing out the start of these games nor can I guarantee making it at all. Still though, for anyone invited over to VS who may have had any influence on liem as a great mgftw player, you should be glad to have known him well :)

Horama likes this.
  10. Horama

Horama MG Donor

R.I.P. my friend

your dear Pain

Some word is enough

11. oOMurDerOo [Ω]

oOMurDerOo [Ω] New Member

I will be there.
    Liem is the first person that invite me to EOP. Thank so much liem.
    Will Always Miss You :(((((((

12. Shaikh Nedab

Shaikh Nedab Active Member

i will be there and will try to invite my clan members so as full both the versus servers.

13. Tali

Tali MG Donor

reminder that the game is this Wednesday at 6pm GMT
    would love to see you all there

14. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Priority One Bug alert!

A reminder to you all that there is some VS bugs around so be mindful when you play, ALL have been reported except for a priority one major bug that I ended up finding just recently (which i'll be reporting at the time of writing). If you end up accidently finding the priority one major bug, don't use it and don't let the others know about it until Mute/HonorCode fixes it, thanks.

Wanted to let you all know as an important heads up before you go have fun at tonight's game on VS. Thanks for reading.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  15. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

I've gone ahead and fixed it, should be nothing to worry about now.

timkit likes this.
  16. timkit

timkit MG Donor

I appreciate your quick response to getting that bug sorted out. Of cause, everyone in VS should be able to have a much fairer and fun game from here on out. If there is any more major bugs that are of a concern and do need to be known about i'll be sure to let you know by reporting them.

17. Horama

Horama MG Donor

I cant be here at 8PM , hope going be have players later