1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Valentines Event - [Points Reloaded] - EU Coop

Discussion in 'Event Discussion' started by Bostondunn, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Bostondunn

Bostondunn Guest

Hello everyone, today i've come forward with this thread due to recent events which has connections to the ongoing "Valentines Day" event. I would like to start off with that based on whether this event is just ridiculously bad or fun, because from what i know, an "event" is supposed to be fair for everyone and that includes giving everyone a chance of e.g. obtaining an limited or exclusive item that will no longer be obtainable once the event ends.
    For particular reasons, i couldn't say that this event isn't fair, but since this my opinion entitled to me, there may be others who disagree on this point.
    Here's a story though that i'd like to share with everyone: Just recently today during the morning when i joined the EU coop server, and many players were online in fact which is fun and great. I was hoping for a good time and since i only knew a little of this valentines event (Of course i knew that you could obtain something called "Cupid's fragment" which consisted of four types (A, B, C and D) and once you have all four fragments, you can craft a Token, which in turn can be exchanged for prizes in the Token Shop).
    However, this is exactly why i disagree and don't like how this event is put up. First off:

1. In order to obtain a fragment, you must slay / kill a tank, which in order drops the fragment in a small orange box. HOWEVER, only one PLAYER out of all the other players can loot / take the fragment.
    2. This is mainly the common problem, as a 'fragment' should be equally distributed to everyone and not one player alone. There's no fair what so ever in this system. (I was already told by one or two players to go play "VS", as they claimed you could obtain fragments there easier, which i highly doubt..)
    3. Events are supposed to benefit and be fun for everyone, not to ruin it by having a systematical way where only one person alone can obtain a item by spamming the "E" key, while the rest runs empty handed. <- (THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION, YOU MAY DISAGREE or AGREE if you wish.)

I would also like to point out that in almost any event i've participated in, in other games (such as Team Fortress, RuneScape, Garry's Mod, etc.), every player has received an equal benefit of exclusive rewards during the event, not just one player alone.

Thank you for taking your time to read this post and have a nice day :)

Sincerely, Bostondunn - Member of timtam killers

EDIT: Recently there have been a change / update to the event, I noticed, which concludes the following:

- Cupid tank now drops / gives a token instead of a fragment upon death. (This is good news as this makes it more fair and gives players a better chance of obtaining rewards easier.)
    - Tier 2 tanks and above gives a fragment to players upon death. (This is also good news, this is okay to me.)
    - Normal tanks (Tier 1 tanks) drops 1-3 fragments, however it uses the pickup system where one player can obtain it only. (I couldn't say I like this, but since the changes above really has improved better, I drop my case on this.)

In overall, the changes to the event made it slightly better and more acceptable and it seems more fair for other players now that wants to obtain tokens to exchange for the exclusive rewards.

2. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

This event is on regular coop maps, so it is a little different than usual. Most events at MG are on specific maps with special tanks, that if the team kills, results in rewards for all. This type of event is new to me and it is something a little different and very nice of the head team to make a cool side event on top of the coop servers. I see what you are saying and you do have valid points, but this is a new type of event, if you come around for the Halloween event I bet you will like the structure of that event better :D

3. XeroX

XeroX Junior Member

Just for reference the Cpuid tank will drop a full token now and gives everyone a fragment. Each T2 tanks also gives fragments for everyone and dropping one fragment. But i still prefer the halloween event since everyone is rewarded (atleast if you do some dmg).

4. btw guys how is that flame sword buff working ?

5. Bostondunn

Bostondunn Guest

I heard it was fixed by HC, but you'll have to ask him, I don't know much of it.

6. doomie_22

doomie_22 Junior Member

Please delete this post. Thx!

7. Chach

Chach MG Donor

I also get like many same fragments(have 6B now) which makes me really hard to craft a token and token-hungry.
    Wish you can like exchange frags with each other so that everyone can craft token :D

8. ​Well gonzalo, sorry to burst your bubble on your wish but it might be too late for that wish to come true since the event has lasted for 1 week now (it will end sooner or later). anyways, regardless nice wish :)