1. Web Changelog now live at https://mgftw.com/changelog/

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide (Version 1.7.2) (Updated on Wiki)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by timkit, Dec 30, 2016.

?

What feedback/rating do you give this guide?

1. One of the BEST GUIDES i've seen out there in mgftw :D

100.0%
  2. A Great Guide among many i've seen so far :)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not bad for your guide, it's alright

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. My Feedback is in the Post!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Wiki Guide Updated! Version 1.4.1 (Buff Set Updates V1.6.6.0)
    What got updated: The Type of Buff Sets + Tactics on Using Buffs

Additions
    + Added in 2 new buff sets in the Supporting Buff Sets list
    + - Added in Helping Hand COOP Buff Set
    + - Added in White Mage COOP Buff Set

Changes
    = Made a number of changes to Buff Sets. This included putting in and taking out some buffs out of buff sets, changing the benefits of the buff sets, the tips for effectively using this buff set and the notes. One of the buff sets also got renamed.

Removals
    - Removed the Supporter COOP Buff Set from the Supporting Buff Sets list

Unless any buff changes happen within the next 2 weeks, no planned updates atm.

marvel likes this.
  2. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Wiki Guide Updated! Version 1.4.2 (Buffs and Nerfs Update V1.6.6.0)
    What got updated: Offensive Buffs + Equipment Buffs

Additions
    + Nothing in this update

Changes
    = Changed the Description, positives and negatives as well as the explanations for the Health Dispenser Buff
    = Changed the Description, positives and negatives as well as the explanations for the Deadeye Buff

Removals
    - Nothing in this update

There may be another update coming in the near future, so look out for it!
    EDIT: Will be definitely be doing another update much sooner than this, i'm adding in a section to the Unstoppable Buff for what CC's from infected can be and can't be blocked. This may also include videos showcasing that so you can see for yourself.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  3. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Wiki Guide Updated! (V1.4.2 -> V1.5)

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide (Version 1.5)
    Pages Changed:
    Offensive Buffs
    Equipment Buffs
    Utility Buffs
    Economy and Exp Buffs
    The Type of Buff Sets + Tactics on Using Buffs

Additions
    + Added in 3 new buffs to the Utility Buff List with their Description, Positives, Negatives and Explanations.

Changes
    = Mainly changed around the wording on a number of buffs and added in stuff that I was missing from previous mgftw version updates.
    = Changed the recommended buffs for buff sets due to V1.7 being released for mgftw (This change will be present in future updates for now).

Removals
    - None

No Planned Updates atm. If you guys have any questions about my guide and or anything to do with this guide update, don't hesitate to leave your post in this thread and i'll get back to you as soon as possible :)

fnord likes this.
  4. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

thx for the guides tim!

timkit likes this.
  5. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Much appreciated with the feedback Fnord, and as always for everyone else, constructive feedback will be appreciated too :)

This has been a while since I have made a post like this but it was time to update this guide with all the new Versus Only Buffs

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Wiki Guide Updated! (V1.5 -> V1.6)

The following pages were updated to V1.6
    What are the survivor buffs?
    The List of All Survivor Buffs
    Miscellaneous Buffs

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide (Version V1.6)

Additions
    + None

Changes
    = Changed the above 3 pages to reflect the newly added in Versus Only Buffs to PR V1.7

Removals
    - None

Next Update: When I EITHER:
    Get all the new Versus Only Buffs
    OR
    When any Buff is updated or any new buff is released

jrng0403 likes this.
  6. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Here's the next update. Wanted to update the buffs first so that they had a Benefit in Buff Sets section added in to them so it made it easier for me to edit buff sets with them and so you guys knew which buffs did what in the recommended buff sets page as a short hand reference.

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide Updated! (V1.6 -> V1.6.1)

The following pages had information changed
    Offensive Buffs
    Defensive Buffs
    Ability Buffs
    Equipment Buffs
    Utility Buffs
    Economy and Exp Buffs
    Miscellaneous Buffs

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide (Version 1.6.1)

Additions
    + Added in a Benefit in Buff Sets section to every single buff.

Changes
    = Updated the recommended buff list section with including buffs from the new buffs only obtainable through playing on VS.
    = Changed the Intense Fire Buff from the Other Buffs to the Offensive Buffs list page.

Removals
    - None

I may edit this post or do an update tomorrow on the recommended buff sets. I may also end up doing an event guide soon, look out for it!

7. timkit

timkit MG Donor

So i've added in new recommended offensive and defensive buff sets. However I haven't started to fully edit the recommended buff lists page and have therefore only added in the links to the respective pages. More work will be done on this during tomorrow or so, sorry for the delay in the update!

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide Updated! (V1.6.1 -> V1.6.2)

The following pages have been added in
    Recommended Offensive Buff Sets
    Recommended Defensive Buff Sets

The following pages have been edited
    Offensive Buffs
    The Type of Buff Sets + Tactics on Using Buffs

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide (Version 1.6.2)

Additions
    + Completely remade the Recommended Offensive and Defensive Buff Sets, mostly from the ground up.

Changes
    = Will soon start to see more larger edits to the Recommended Buff Sets Page
    = Changed up the description, positives, negatives and explanations on the Intense Fire Buff due to an update.

Removals
    - None

Look out for another post tomorrow night.

fnord likes this.
  8. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Im going to be busy for a bit during the next few hours after this post. Have to go back and finish IRL stuff so consider this 2 updates post

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide Updated! (V1.6.2 -> V1.6.4)

The following pages have been added in
    Recommended Equipment Buff Sets
    Recommended Healer Buff Sets

The following pages have been edited
    The Types of Buff Sets + Tactics on Using Buffs

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide (Version 1.6.4)

Additions
    + Added in 2 Recommended Buff Set pages

Changes
    = Added in the links to the 2 above pages.

Removals
    - None

sorry for the late post too.

9. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Now that I have managed to get the Nihilism Buff from VS, this guide needs to be updated to reflect that.

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide Updated! (V1.6.4 -> V1.6.5)

The following pages received changes
    The List of All Survivor Buffs
    Offensive Buffs
    Miscellaneous Buffs

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide (Version 1.6.5)

Additions
    + None

Changes
    = Changed the position of the Nihilism Versus Buff from Miscellaneous to Offensive Buffs due to it's position ingame being changed. This was also updated in the list of all survivor buffs.

Removals
    - None

I'll be updating most likely tomorrow again, if not when i'm ready to with some new recommended utility/miscellanous buff sets

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    fnord likes this.
  10. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Mute's update from yesterday with changes to some buffs and some work I have been doing on making it up to 10x eaiser for you guys to find buffs in this guide have resulted in 3 updates, enjoy :)

I could really call this guide update V1.7 if I wanted to, but it was not a huge update at all.

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide Updated! (V1.6.5 -> V1.6.8)

The following pages received changes
    The main page of this guide
    Offensive Buffs Page 3
    Ability Buffs Page 2
    Equipment Buffs Page 2
    Utility Buffs Page 2

Additions
    + Added in wording to the front of the Miscellaneous Buffs first page to make it more easy to understand what the buffs there are about.
    + Added in numbering to EVERY SINGLE BUFF (yep, no buff is not numbered). This makes it easier to identify them, especially when looking them up just by their number.
    + Added in a Top Link from the 2nd buff onwards on every page to make it easier to return to the top of the currently viewed page. (This inspiration came from one of Mute's recent guides)

Changes
    = Changed up the way the buffs were displayed in each of the respective sections, limiting it to 7 per page unless the number of buffs within the respective section was less than 10. This was the case for the Economy and Exp Buffs so I decided leave all the buffs in the 1 page.
    = Deadeye Buff got buffed (go to Offensive Buffs Page 3 for the changes within the description, positives and explanations)
    = Immolation Buff got nerfed and now offers slow resistance instead of increased movement speed as one of the buff effects (go to Ability Buffs Page 2 for the full changes)
    = Infirmary Buff got buffed (overall) (go to Equipment Buffs Page 2 for the full changes)
    = Caretaker Buff name changed to Healing Shocks Buff. Completely reworked from scratch (go to Utility Buffs Page 2 for the full changes)

Removals
    - None

All the other guides will eventually receive page updates soon to make it easier to find everything and to make it easier to return to the top of the currently viewed page. Please feel free to let me know your feedback to this wonderful update! Much appreciated :)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  11. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Alright, now officially done with the remake of The Types of Buff Sets Page.

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide Updated! (V1.6.8 -> V1.7)

The following pages got changed (Mainly)
    The Types of Buff Sets
    Recommended Offensive Buff Sets
    Recommended Defensive Buff Sets
    Recommended Equipment Buff Sets
    Recommended Healer Buff Sets
    Recommended Buff Sets Against Tanks

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide (Version 1.7)

Additions
    + Added in the Back to Main Guide Page link on pretty much all pages other than the main page itself.
    + Added in the Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page link on the Recommended Buff Sets pages.
    + Added in the <top> links for the Recommended Buff Sets pages.
    + Added in a poll at the top of this forum thread.

Changes
    = Completely remade the Recommended Buff Sets Pages from the ground up.

Removals
    - All the old stuff to do with the Recommended Buff Sets Pages before this update.

I am now taking requests for anyone who knows they have trouble with beating any tier 2 or tier 3 tank. Let me know which and i'll add in a recommended buff list for that particular tank to the Recommended Buff Sets Against Tanks Page.

Hope you guys enjoy this update, feel free to leave your feedback via the poll or the posts below! :)

12. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide Updated! (V1.7 -> V1.7.1)

Added in 1 new page
    Frequently Asked Questions

Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide (Version 1.7.1)

Additions
    + Added in the above page.

Changes
    = Updated all the Back to Main Guide Page links to reflect current version.
    = Did 1 minor change on 1 other page.

Removals
    - None

I will next update this either when I get a suggestion to write up a recommended buff set on the remaining tier 2 or tier 3 tanks that players have trouble with, when I get another frequently asked question or during late october to early november.

13. timkit

timkit MG Donor