1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Scenario: Have a 2 minute timer added onto the end of every Scenario?

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by timkit, Sep 7, 2017.

1. timkit

timkit MG Donor

I wanted to make this suggestion because mute had decided to extend the timer to 2 minutes at the end of the helms deep scenario so our stuff would save. Would like to see if a timer is possible to be added on to the jelly tank and all other scenarios so that database failing to save wouldn't happen again.

Also me and nate need a refund of our torn helms deep tickets since we also lost them from the database failing to save the items on the jelly tank being defeated.
    My STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:79910477

Nate's STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:198087087

Heres the proof of torn helms deep ticket being in my inventory at the end of the last scenario
    [​IMG]

And heres the proof that me and nate obtained it when the jelly tank got defeated.
    [​IMG]

Current inventory as of right now, without the torn helms deep ticket since it got lost in the database failing to save.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

Alright, I increased the end wait time to 2 minutes on all scenarios, and gave the torn tickets back. 2 minutes should hopefully be enough time for the server to process everything.

3. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Update on this mute, it seems that the time of 2 minutes is apparently not enough to complete the Soldier Tank Scenario. Everyone's database did not save at the end of the recent scenario for some reason and as a result of this anon will need his torn helms deep ticket returned to his inventory.

Anon's STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:37934762
    Proof of the torn helms deep ticket anon received on Soldier Tank being defeated.
    [​IMG]

Assuming all other scenarios do not need end timer changes. Can the soldier tank scenario end timer be changed to 3 minutes? or however long it approximately takes to save? might not be a bad idea to run a few tests first to get the best timer it saves to first before trying, just an idea worth considering.

Finn's 115 likes this.
  4. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

I've refunded his ticket.
    As for the time, I'm not sure what quite the issue is. I've made some internal reworks recently to see if things will save and load faster. We'll see what difference it makes and whether the timer needs increasing or not.

anon47 likes this.
  5. timkit

timkit MG Donor

I don't think we will need to worry about increasing the timer now. The Solider Tank Scenario seems to save as it should now, which is good :)

6. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Looks like the 2 minute timers that have been added onto the scenarios are working normally as they should. Since 2 months has passed I can stay its time to close this forum thread. The Suggestion did work and it deserves to be added on to all future scenarios :)