1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Requesting Exchange of Liquid Enhancer from 1 player to another (not involving me)

Discussion in 'Marvelous Gaming Store' started by timkit, May 21, 2017.

1. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Hey there Marvel/HonorCode or any other admin that is able to swap items from !inv to !inv. I would like to know if it is possible to do the following changes.

Situation: Skeitas asked me in steam chat to make this post, so heres said chat below (none of which is left out, it's all relevant)
    Skeitas: hey tim
    Skeitas: is transfering of enhancer to another players still possible?
    timkit [™۞]: hey :)
    timkit [™۞]: yes, BUT only if it was bought from the MG store
    Skeitas: awwww
    timkit [™۞]: if it wasn't bought from the MG store but earned through admin events or quests, it cant be given away
    timkit [™۞]: thats how trading from !inv to !inv works in mgftw
    timkit [™۞]: whats up anyway?
    Skeitas: cuz back then my enhancer was given to me
    Skeitas: i tot she got extra
    Skeitas: so she gave it to me
    timkit [™۞]: hmmmm.
    Skeitas: never tot that she bought it
    timkit [™۞]: you know which player?
    Skeitas: rubber chicken
    Skeitas: it was a very old player tho
    timkit [™۞]: hmm ok
    timkit [™۞]: I believe in that case if you got it given to you, given that it was possible at the time
    timkit [™۞]: I don't see why it should be a problem for you to give said item to another player
    timkit [™۞]: however there is a process to these things.
    Skeitas: yea i tot so too
    timkit [™۞]: you need 2 STEAM ID's
    Skeitas: i know only an admin can do it
    timkit [™۞]: yours and the person your giving it to
    Skeitas: yep
    timkit [™۞]: and the item in question
    Skeitas: should i post it in the forums
    timkit [™۞]: only Marvel / HonorCode can do it
    Skeitas: or just ask an admin directly
    timkit [™۞]: no one else can unfortunately
    timkit [™۞]: since those two admins are in charge of the MG store
    Skeitas: awh i see
    Skeitas: do u mind helping to ask them
    timkit [™۞]: if you want me to post
    timkit [™۞]: sure
    timkit [™۞]: I can do that for you
    Skeitas: really appreciated if u would :D
    timkit [™۞]: got your steam ID
    timkit [™۞]: STEAM_0:0:55606279
    Skeitas: the player i wanna give is owl
    timkit [™۞]: STEAM_0:0:92909370
    timkit [™۞]: and thats her STEAM ID
    timkit [™۞]: so... that was 1 liquid enhancer?
    Skeitas: yep
    Skeitas: i can only get 1 from quest anyway xD
    timkit [™۞]: got it. will let you know when the post has been made
    Skeitas: alrighty
    Skeitas: thanks tim :D
    timkit [™۞]: and one more question, do you, if you remember, the order number of the item?
    timkit [™۞]: it will usually tell you in the left hand side of your order history.
    timkit [™۞]: in the MG store
    Skeitas: hmm
    Skeitas: i did not hav anything to do with the transfer process tho
    Skeitas: before i knew it
    Skeitas: it was alr in my inv
    timkit [™۞]: I see.
    Skeitas: back then rubber chicken was a moderator as well
    Skeitas: so i tot she hav her ways with the process
    Skeitas is now Away.

So in the Steam Chat, he told me that he got given the Liquid Enhancer from an old moderator: Rubber Chicken back up to a few years ago. Rubber Chicken, has been on mgftw forums since 14th April of this year. Now Skeitas wants to give the Liquid Enhancer to another player: Owl [ℯS].

Here's Skeitas STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:55606279 (the !inv you will be transfering the item from)
    Here's Owl [ℯS] STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:92909370 (the !inv you will be transfering the item to)
    The item in question: 1x Liquid Enhancer

Is the transfer possible? Even though given the lack of how exactly it was given by Rubber Chicken to Skeitas.

Let me know if anything else is required. Thanks again!

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I would need an order number where I can check if Rubber Chicken actually bought the item and gave it away.

But even then I never had a purchase, gift, re-gift situation so I don't know the policy myself. Because of that if you have an order number I can make an exception this time but normally I would say no and that is not because I'm an asshole or something and think that someone doesn't deserve a liquid enhancer, but besides paying for the servers we have a lot of work in maintaining everything, this is just something I can't have extra on top of that, moving player's items around from ID to ID. It would also hurt store sales / donations so if I would do that I would be stealing from myself and it's not like we're making huge profits here or anything ;)

I hope you understand :)

3. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Unfortunately. I don't think skeitas can remember the order number for if Rubber Chicken had given it to him through the MG store.

For a situation i've never seen before in the past, I can understand your answer as to why you'd say no (If I had a order number from skeitas to post, which I don't then the exception would apply just this once and one time only) It would basically be ruining the reputation of mgftw itself everytime a move from one !inv to another !inv had to happen. Basically, in order to prevent such cases from happening, the original person who had purchased it from the MG store in the first place would need to know that the person receiving it would use the item or decline it and forget about the gift, given the fact that re-gifting is never possible at all.

Therefore I'm not going to be taking the exception. But...

I appreciate the explanation on it anyway marvel. However, case is now closed, I say its time to close this thread and move on. I'm sure that, Owl, the player who is aiming to get the liquid enhancer item can get it done by completing the quest :)