1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Reputation system

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by /, Feb 23, 2014.

1. /

/ Guest

Hello

Here I have a little problem with the reputation system, I think this system is a good idea, but like any system it has these flaws.

I said I think the basic idea is to punish the weak players, but the reputation system also penalizes accidents with suicidal players, when you throw a Molotov or a pipe bomb and falls beside a car which exploded by accident you lose reputation, but when a suicidal player throws it on the car or in the flames you are penalized.

So here at the moment I have a reputation demon because of weak players and the system treats me like a cheater in m 'eject server.

Brief c became unplayable I eject me at all times:sad2:.

Thank you google translator

Bonjour

Voil

2. Cheena

Cheena Banned

The rep system affects everyone, regardless of a player who has been here for long or one that has been newly introduced to MG. I have seen players in clans, regardless them being in the same clan with me or not, making mistakes too that hurt their rep when they do something that inflicts damage onto other players. There are also players who are fairly new and yet have pretty high rep.

Just be careful of your surroundings of when you are going to use a Throwable next time.. Also a defibrillator is one of the many ways that can save your rep.

3. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Man, my rep dropped by 1.2 in the space of a minute when I accidentally blew up a couple of cars a while back. Where am I now? 5.000 Saint. Just focus on helping your team rather than throwing mollies at everything and you'll do better.

4. This, had my rep to 5.0 in no time, never once went into the negative. Just be careful with thrown items and when you see the witch let someone else take care of it if you aren't confident in your ability to effectively deal with her.

5. JKG Krazie

JKG Krazie MG Donor

I accidentally blew up the plane in Dead Air and it nearly wiped out the whole party when the plane was about to leave lol. I was sitting at -2.7 Assassin and I'm back up to 5.0 Saint from reviving and defibbing people for the past 3-4 days. Just aim your Throwables better (excluding pipes as they jump more) and you should be okay :P

6. Penguin

Penguin Guest

At the end of the day with the reputation system if your rep is low it's your fault and if you "accidentally" blow something up or "accidentally" throw a molly and kill everyone there is nothing anyone else can do about this. You are responsible for your own rep and keeping it high.

Its not difficult to not shoot people, not blow things up and not throw mollys at people.....Actually getting your rep back up inst to difficult at all if you try hard enough.

7. Adward

Just as an addition - we have this thread every couple of months without fail.

The rep system is in place for a reason, and it works as it should. Seriously doubt it's going to be removed.

8. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

The rep system blamed me for blowing up the plane on Dead Air finale, killing a ton of people. My rep went down to -3 team assassin but I defib'd and helped up people like a mad man and now it's at -2 and I can buy stuff again. The point is, I went from +5 to -3 in one round and was already back to buying the next day with a little work.

9. Seems like blowing up the plane on Dead Air will lower your rep faster than anything else.

10. Penguin

Penguin Guest

the plane doesnt just ?blow up though...it has to eb shot at a fair amount of times so if you are that unlucky one who cant aim properly and gets that last shot on it then thats fair enough but it is just unlucky but the only person responsible for gaining that REP back up would be you.

11. The same applies to the cars though, you rarely blow up a car unless you hit it with a Molotov. You have to try to blow it up with gunfire for the most part.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

12. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

The rep system is a blessing. It has helped to keep trolling down and to kick those that continue to do so. <3 the rep system.

13. Adward

zomg rep

14. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

[​IMG]

15. JKG Krazie

JKG Krazie MG Donor

If only the rep system would give them a 5-10min ban. Seeing trolls get kicked from the server with -4.9 rep and they'll just keep rejoining to ruin the game experience for new players and annoying everyone else if they have a mic.

16. Penguin

Penguin Guest

i believe there is a !voteban command you can use in CERTAIN circumstances. there must be a valid reason for the use of it, if they are persistent it breaking a rule then:

1. ask them politly to stop
    2. Warn to stop or they will be kicked
    3. if ignored then kick

IF THEY REJOIN
    1. warn them if they carry on they may be get a small ban
    2. if persistent then use !voteban

----------------------------
    This is the order i think is appropriate, someone correct me if im wrong.

and tricky.... This made me lol

17. I agree with penguin. Luckily I haven't really been in a situation where a troll kept joining back after they were kicked.

18. JKG Krazie

JKG Krazie MG Donor

I give out warnings everytime, I just end up giving too many warnings before I proceed to kick people out. I've seen way too many trolls lately at night from when I play.

19. Pvt_Donut

Pvt_Donut Guest

Krazie I am right there with u it seems that at night there is so many more trolls then when I play the during the day and I hate it What's worse is when u join a room of all -4.9 repped players and they all troll -.- that happened to me last night there was to many of them for me to warn and/or vote ban so I just left

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

20. Maybe because I am not able to be on as often that I have not seen so many trolls... Will have to keep a look out.