1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Recent Changes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lollipop, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Lollipop

Lollipop Junior Member

It seems that changes have been made last week regarding SI spawn and T2+ tank spawns?

Player feedback:

Regarding SI spawns:
    Last week I tried, amongst....7 others(or so) to win the carnival finale on easy. (gives you and idea of the other players levels, they were pretty new). I believe there were, including me, only 2 higher level players (150+). It was impossible to beat. The lower levels gave up as it was so frustrating for them just being torn apart by SI one after another. To me it seemed with this update it made it kinda impossible for newer players to beat a finale. Even on easy.
    Maybe an idea would be to only have the extra SI spawn on expert level? (again, i guess the idea is to cooperate and stick together .....but well...we were picked apart due to delayed tank as he was stuck, when we ran out of our defense tower to search for it we died......) Later we played it with...i think 4 higher level players-we all died-impossible, even on easy. I played that finale 7 times >.<.

Regarding less T2+ tank spawns: it has become repetitive. Having shamans/knights etc pop up was fun. Now i play 10 campaigns + and don't see a single higher tier tank. It is rather disappointing and makes me want to play less. I bought some items at the store because when i came back it was fun seeing tanks such as the supreme shaman, inferno etc (i had never seen them before they were so rare last year)...but now, that they appear once in a blue moon .... I might (knowing myself) lose interest rather quickly again.

In summary: maybe less of the high HP SI on easy level and increased T2+ tank spawns?

That's just my 2 cents on those two issues. I heard other players disagreeing with me in SI spawns but agreeing with me on tanks. I hope there will be plenty replies from other players on these two issues so you at MG can get an overview for further/future changes, or not ^.^

Lollipop

2. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

I'm not actually sure if this was a bug or not, but I figured I'd mention it. Just today, in The Passing finale, it seems gascans don't respawn while a tank is alive. This seems to be a bit hit and miss, because in Advanced difficulty, we had three tank spawns (Bloody, Guardian, Duelist), and if I recall correctly, the timer didn't stop ticking (could be wrong, wasn't really paying attention), but either way, we got 15 cans in, and were running around wondering why more weren't spawning, until we got overwhelmed and all died.

I do also agree that SI spawn is a bit mental right now (I do enjoy the added difficulty a bit, but getting chain smoked off a ledge is sdsfafadsfdd).

Finally, map 1 rushing is even more annoying than before, since if people do it, late loaders only spawn with 100 hp. I'm not saying we should hold them back, but just fixing the starting hp would probably be good enough.

3. FaRCrY

FaRCrY MG Donor

1.I tottaly agree with that. the SI spawn now is madness im 200 and i cant even move from smokers jockeys hunters if there is only 5-6 player.. today we played finale we was 6 players and we can't done the finale because of this. it was better before..

2.Yes, the tank spawning tier 2 is terrible i played whole days like yesterday and we was 12-13 players who higher than 200lvl and tank lure was equiped (i asked it) tier 1 tanks spawning over and over again like grenadier bomb ghost duelist. i didnt even seen these days tier 2 tank (knight,shaman) nowhere i mean on FINALE too.. when finale ending comes the "TROLL TANKS" which are also tier 1 grenadier,bomb,ghost etc... no tier 2 trolls this is weird.. i don't know it is bugged or you guys just changed the spawn rate of tier 2 tanks but it was better before...

It will be good when you put back the previous spawning system (rate) for all :) or just fix this bug, if it is bug i don't know

Sorry for my english.

Thank you. :)

Farcry

4. FaRCrY

FaRCrY MG Donor

The metalized tank is burning so slow.. like 30-50-100hp/s

5. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I gotta say I disagree with you guys and love the changes. If you are under lvl 200 I can see where you are coming from so get better! :D I died a million times when I was under 150.

Joking aside, rushers do seem to be the biggest problem in the servers. People starting events before everyone is ready and taking off on maps with no safe room. We will try to catch em all but ban them not collect em :)

6. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

You Guys are so negative......

Wheres the Challenge when you going through every Map like its a Walk in the Park ?

Its fu**ing boring .....DAMN ! This is a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE !!

You have to play as a real Team, watching each other and dont run like a chicken.

BTW These are no real Server Changes, its just temporary ;)

7. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

I gotta say, the crazy SI are fun, yeah to a low levels they will be really hard, that's where the high levels need to help the low levels (you know, cooperate with them, cause it's called COOP you know?)

Also I'm gonna say Tank Lure is working perfectly, both a frozen drainer and a fighter appeared last night when I was playing.

100% this, rushing out of "non safe room" start maps is really annoying for people that load after them, persistent offenders will be caught.

8. fnord

So you are saying it will get even harder? YAY! :rockon:

Just joking, but thanks for the changes perm or not, the servers are a lot more fun. They used to only be challenging when you had a full server on expert. I like that now 5-8 players can hit expert and if only 2 make it to the safe room so be it!

9. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

Another three high tier's in 1 campaign again tonight, still safe to say Tank Lure is working :P

10. Mute

I'd also like to mention a little thing that in some maps (start of Dark Carnival 2/3 come to mind), if you hug the saferoom door, infected can start to spawn, causing the same effects aforementioned (people spawning with 100 HP/dead). You can also effectively farm bounty there, as I'm guessing hugging the door in those certain maps counts as being outside the saferoom, even though you aren't.

In regards to difficulty, I don't think Special Infected spam is the way to go to be honest. I'm pretty sure I can vouch for a lot of people that when every Boomer was shiny/super with the ludicrous slap power, people enjoyed it. It was hilarious to see people fly off into oblivion, and it made the Boomer more of a threat. What I'd maybe like to see is to increase the percent chance of the shiny/super Infected, but give them something else other than more health, e.g. generally doing more damage or giving them various buffs/skills from versus (boomer darkening screen, spitter temporal invincibility, the fake charger doing a ton of aoe damage around it etc.)

11. fnord

Are you saying that if you hug the safe room door with the door closed, you can still receive cash and bounty? But only on some maps? I will check this out and see if I can recreate.

I think they should keep the infected rate high, especially on expert, and also add more special boomers :D

12. Mute

Yeah exactly, you don't even need to open the door for the infected to start spawning, and allowing people to get bounty/cash by hugging the door. Maps that I can think off of the top of my head are Passing 3, Carnival 2 and Carnival 3.

13. erik

erik MG Donor

The game has been way too easy for way too long. I see some truth to what some of you are saying, but the bottom line is this: It's a zombie game, and sometimes people die. Right now, the gamers expect to survive, and everyone always does.

Don't get me wrong, I admire the (whatever the word is) where clan members wanna be all nice to each other... so they reverse-walk a map to defib 1 person, holding up the entire campaign. Again, I think the idea is nice, even though it's not wise and holds us all up.

The game needed to have some challenge put into it. Once an appropriate amount of time has passed, we can scale it down if it's necessary. Right now, I only see people not getting rewards fast enough for their liking. I also see people who just want the same easy game as before, but with higher payout tanks all the time. PR Saturation is a real thing. Remember when everyone exploited the fuck out of the seeking grenades, thus perma-stumbling tanks? That just showers the team with free prizes. Every victory is inevitably a VICTORY.

Shamans were once absurdly low HP.

Rewards, rewards, rewards... everyone got to max level too quick. Level 215 (from 210 cap) was supposed to be a MAJOR feat. Non-booster holders would camp out and play the HD server at the time and get it in 3 days. The average gamer should be taking about 3 or 4 months (playing every day) to get there. That is PR Saturation. Yes, at the time HD rewards were too high.... about 60% too high. But at this juncture, we need to carefully scale this back and forth a little so that it stays hard. So that people do occasionally die. So that you do have to learn how to earn your rewards.

I've been advocating for new players for a long time. Will mention it here. Was privileged to have a few minutes of HC's time last night when he ever-so-generously joined Steam when I had requested it via email. He put together a STELLAR set of auto-equipped buffs for new players. COOP / VS - Surv / VS - Infected, and has out done himself yet again. They will be stronger and once they're high enough level, they will have to earn it just like you guys. The goal is so that new players don't feel overwhelmed... and don't leave after 1 discouraging map. The game is SIX YEARS OLD now... which means we have to be concerned with PR Saturation, and *RETENTION* as a major priority. Every gamer we lose is a gamer who will never come back and find another modded server community to call their home. They could have been a donor. They could have been your next awesome clan member. New players must be taken seriously and treated like welcome guests. That's why the new buffs were made for them. They will have a thrilling experience in PR-VS. They will be able to walk into the server level 1 adn actually wreck some shit, just like the level 215's who kill everyone to their spitters and tanks all day as it is.

So, in summary, things are going to stay as they are for now. The factors that affect what tanks spawn and how many spawn, and what tier spawn... they have not changed. You have more tank types than ever before, now. Please thank HC for that! One or two of them dont' auto spawn because he needs to polish them up, abilities-wise. NO, the corrosive tank will NOT be nerfed. It's supposed to be hard. Very hard. HC's school schedule resumes this coming week, so the amazing effort we saw from him last night may be the last time we see him for a little while. I personally fixed a couple bugs like the "jockey can't jump" thing and the "my tank spawns with only 4,000 HP" thing.

We have admins in game all day, every day now. You can look at the server list at any time and see an admin on a server. Every single one of my Team Members is capable of helping make the COOP experience a challenging, fair, fun and exciting one. Please dont' tell us to spawn tanks, because we do not respond well to being barked at. Please do not beg for tanks. The only way to guarantee that you will NOT see those things is to ask for them. Any admin-based event is just that... an event basis. They're first come first serve. We will never announce them, as that gives people on their lists an advantage.

Last but not least, PR-VS. Many of you have not noticed this yet, but there is an exponential increase in XP for those who play VS. Many have gone to get the boost... and stayed because they were surprised at how fun PR-VS is. The new PR-VS server location ensures MUCH better ping. That means you can get more of those awesome slap kills, and jockey / boomer combos, karma charges, and karma smoker pulls in some maps! If you don't normally play it, give it a chance. It's the zombie apocalypse... "LIVE A LITTLE!"

I covered a lot of stuff in this one reply so bear with me, but it's easier than making 10 different posts and I'm tired today!

Will be on Steam if you need me, have problems, or questions. Please message me there if bugs arise or you run into stuff like that which was mentioned before. Please also keep the server moving at all times. QUEST PEOPLE: This is exactly how long you have to do your quests: FROM THE TIME YOU ARRIVE AT THE OBJECTIVE AREA TO THE TIME THAT THE LAST MEMBER OF THE TEAM PASSES YOU. Anything beyond that, and you're holding us up. Don't do that. Quests are not supposed to be done in one sitting. Theyr'e supposed to be cumulative. This whole "he's doing a quest, we gotta wait" thing is no longer allowed. Again, you have only the time it takes from the time you get to the quest locatin... to the time the last member of the team passes you, to finish. Wrap it up, keep it moving, because if the server isnt' moving, we're going to lose gamers. We've all seen lately for a fact that we will not continue to host empty servers. If all the servers fill up, stay full, and are consistent, then we'll talk. Until then, # of servers and server occupancy limits will be based on gamer activity. If non-MG players see 3 empty mgftw.com PR servers, they'll never join us. Ever. If they see 2, and they're both populated or even full... then they suddenly want to be part of it. That's simply how it works with recruiting new people and retaining old ones.

Play hard, try the other game modes if you haven't, and if you think you're gonna suck at VS... play a few campaigns then decide for yourself. Bitch slap an admin off a ledge. You'll be surprised how good it feels. Thanks for rolling w/ the changes we're putting out there, but it's all in the best interests of MG. Again, I'll be on Steam all day. Ask if you need anything.

14. erik

erik MG Donor

Boomers were too easy and not even anything to worry about. We discussed it and decided to run with a higher slap power for coop. Now, in carnival finale or rooftop, you'll see nothing but bodies flying left and right lol... always good laughs. Nothing like seeing a level 215 player die and then 10 subsequent "LMAO"s.

Usually for that level of humor, an admin has to die in-game. ;P

15. fnord

I tested this with Dark Carnival map 2. You cannot gain cash, but you can gain bounty. I pushed agaist the safe room door, and killed everything in sight and backed away with 8 bounty.

Demo here: https://ia601505.us.archive.org/21/i.../darkcarn2.dem

I imagine you receive bounty because your arms are sticking out of the door.

[​IMG]

16. Mute

One thing I'd actually like to request is that, if these changes are permanent, perhaps change the minimum player count needed for Expert? I feel 8 minimum is probably too low, perhaps something like 10 or 12?

17. erik

erik MG Donor

I'll start working on these things as soon as possible.

I don't know how to change the player count. I will ask Marvel. HC has resumed school. I realize the Parish Bridge Finale needs +1.5 minutes.

18. erik

erik MG Donor

Wait a minute, I re-thought this. Why do we need to increase the player count for expert? It was too easy for so long and everyone said that.

Why do we need to scale it back up?

19. Mute

Well, I just don't think it's possible to complete expert with such few people, and my thought process was that if people see failure so often, they might just leave (which I've seen a few times), I just figured increasing the minimum player count would perhaps balance things a little. Though I might need to play a bit more with not as much people to get a better feel of it, since I haven't been able to play too much recently.

The main issue, is when new players join and then just die a lot, they might feel like dead weight and not want to stay, though having read your recent post above, you did seem to mention new players getting a boosted start, which could mitigate that issue.