1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Public Apology

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SweetNose, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetNose

SweetNose Junior Member

I am sorry that it took me 2 days to write this apology, but I have had some personal issues that needed my attention.

I want to apologize to the muslim community that play on the marvelous gaming servers for saying hurtful words about your culture in an attempt to make a joke.

I didn't know it meant so much to you as I wasn't familiar with the muslim culture
    (I am now aware after doing deep research) and I really don't want my admin period to be full of hate. All I want is to have fun, share with all the players and help the communtiy in any ways I can.

I never intended to insult nor hurt anyone and I promise I will correctly follow the guidelines that the root admins have given me and that this incident will NEVER happen again.

Sincerely, SweetNose

2. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

It takes a big person to post a thread like this. Major props.

3. TaLi

TaLi Guest

That's all good and well but it is in fact too little too late.
    What happened here was a form of injustice that i was formerly used to seeing in the news amongst politicians and not in a community that's supposed to be fair and welcoming to all players.
    You didnt have to go through the process of applying to become an admin like the rest were, therefore you werent subjected to what i think wouldve been constructive critisism from the people who have been playing here for years.
    But then Angel, a 17 year old, did what a lot of people didn't want to do in fear of being banned, and she went public with evidence that you are in fact not made of admin material.
    After protesting her ban for quite a long time privately last night i am now saying it publicly. you were wrong, and not only in this incident, and she should not have been banned for speaking up and telling the truth. So your apology would've been sincere if you had included her in it and asked for her ban to be lifted, as the "victim" of her admin harassmant post.

there has been saying that you've improved and learned a lot during you trial period but i have to disagree. of course my word doesnt count and might get this reply deleted and my account disabled, but i already told marvel last night that i am leaving this community due to the injustice that took place here.

You are immature, you pick fights when people disagree with you, you're a sore loser in VS games and you aren't afraid to show it by trashtalking the other team and even your own teammates.
    you once told me you want people to confront you face to face but then you started deleting people who "offended" you and went to marvel or the other admins to have them fight your battles for you.
    you are not proffesional, you dont know many of the rules and i'm sure it will take you more than 24 hours to learn them.
    and if anybody in this community still has any kind of balls left they will tell you what you've been doing wrong and stop fearing the big bad ban.

my time here is coming to an end and it is a direct result of what took place here.
    i am only writing this because someone, at some point, had to tell you that your attitude and your behaviour is far from becoming of an admin in charge of such a large group of people.

I will personally remember you as the bully who screamed and cursed at me on mic when i didnt play the game the way you wanted me to, and it wasnt even a vs game. and i will remember you as the person who put the final nail in the coffin and made me leave a community i have been a part of for over a year and a half. i don't think you've changed, and that's the honest truth.
    but i do know you will still be an admin after all and all i can wish the community and you as well is that you truly change your ways and learn how to become a good influence to the people here.

And finally to the people who were my friends here, thank you for the great times and the support, and for the awesome games we shared together.
    to the admins who helped me when i needed their help, to marvel for providing the servers, to the coders and modders and anyone who takes part in making this place what it is. it was fun while it lasted :) <3

4. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

Several things have gone wrong here.

#1 The skin of humanity has become extremely thin and people are offended by anything. Offended by football teams names like The Chiefs or Redskins when it is not the Native Americans who are offended. Offended by calling it Christmas yet the offended still celebrate the holiday. Offended when someone smiles at you and says good morning thinking I know what he meant by good morning he just wants to get in my pants. Offended by statues of Jesus, Mohammed, Krishna, Odin, Buddha, Arcturus, Lanto, Leto, Kuthumi, Neptune, Hercules, Mary, Saint Germaine, Morya El and thousands of others.

Ronald Reagan said it best when he gave his speech saying that if there were ever a threat from outside of this world we would forget our petty differences. In other words if space aliens ever landed and herded us up and said ok everyone of the human race get in one line, anyone of another race get in the other line. Would the Jews, Muslims or Christians have their own line? While I do suspect there would be another line it would be pretty small.

I am sick and tired of people making a mountain out of a mole hill and I always rate things on a scale of 1-10, 1=spilled milk, 10=the moon colliding with the earth or the sun going supernova.

#2 Admins- If you like being an admin keep control of your emotions and do not let them effect your judgment. Of all the senses you have feelings are the least reliable and trusting them will always get you in the most trouble. That is why I am Vulcan.

5. SweetNose

SweetNose Junior Member

Tali, this was my apology to the muslim players on the mgftw community, and you have decided to compleatly leave it out, and instead maliciously attacking me about other things you felt were poorly dealt with.

I am sorry to hear that you are leaving, but i honestly dont think I was the reason for it, specially when u once told me that u had already left this community once (before i joined) and you still had issues with how things got processed.

This is a perfectly good example of how to Make a mountin out of a molehill (As Vulcan wrote) and blaming all your pains on me.
    Are you the victim in this? Or me? Nobodys perfect, everyone makes mistakes.

But the diffirence between me and someone who doesnt care at all is: I made a mistake, acknowledged my mistake and learned from it.

Here you are fighting and screaming that injustice was brought upon you when you are ipso facto doing exactly the same thing to me.

During my trial period i showed my fellow admins that i had changed, showed calm in situations and i left my emotions out when i made decisions. And the most important thing, is that i should always keep evolving.
    Rome was not built in a day, yes?

Angel did not put on this show to get vindicted, she could easily had wrote this to an admin privately and dealth with this in private.
    -But she chose not to, why?
    Which makes me believe that there was an agenda, and that there is more to this story then all that meets the eye.

/SweetNose

6. TAZZMISSION

TAZZMISSION Junior Member

While it is true that humans are destined to blow it, some more than other (i acknowledge completely that I constantly screw things up), and yes, through time we polish our behavior, jokes, manner of speaking, in essence we grow and "evolve". Even if Sweet opened one of the two Pandora's boxes (Religion and the other box being Politics), come on guys, those are one of the two most unoriginal topics of mankind in which a person from a different party or religion can easily be offended. Yes that is no reason to open it unintentionally. Even if the comment was very terrible and belief-hurting, at least in my experience you either be forgiven or ask for forgiveness, and she did the second one, being simple and humble and more than that she acknowledge that she blew it. Now not just because I'm defending her (Hell, can it be more obvious?), it is normally hard for anyone to accept those stuff, more because people are usually prideful, so peace out people! This community is full of different people, some closer, some more distant, but hey if there is someone who will help you out, cheer you up, and guaranteed to shout you a "Good job guyss!!!!" after destroying a shammy or its daddy the supreme shammy, or just about any badbutt Tank, thats Sweet.
    Keep up the good work guys, and please share the love, thats what unites people.
    Marco Antonio Perez Medellin/ Tazzmission

7. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

A lot of people seem to forget that we are not only admins but humans as well, just like any player we have our flaws and we make mistakes sometimes although some people think we're not allowed to do that.

Sweetnose apologized, I think that was a brave thing to do since I didn't even ask her to do that. I even told her it wasn't nescessary since I still think she didn't do anything wrong but hey so many people so many opinions.

And now after her apology some people are still not happy, I'm wondering what people like that are expecting from us. We're just a community that tries to have fun playing games, we're not a place to discuss religion or politics, there are other websites doing that.

But oh well, like always you can't make everybody happy. Either way I want to put an end to this so I'm gonna close this topic. If you wanna have fun playing games please participate here and come game with us, if you want to discuss religion please Google for another site.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.