1. Click here to join our community discord server.

PR Coop (players)

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by Ian, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Ian

Ian MG Donor

RUSHING:

I find that this has been a MAJOR problem, players have been rushing MOST of the times on coop nowdays and it's pretty darn annoying, and problems that i see when players rush.

1. When the team hasn't loaded finish and people rush out, we join dead and it's pretty shitty.

If we manage to load, we would also be left without kits, pills etc at times and we're basically.. 'left 4 dead' behind.

2. When people rush, they basically fuck up a lot of things, for example they rush so damn far ahead that when half(or more) of the team is at the back getting fucked by the amount of SIs, they make tank spawn and they end up dying, as well as(or) lead the tank to us and basically fuck up the whole team as we can't handle the insane amount of SI + a tank.

Also, some idiot will always startle the witch while rushing and will get him/herself killed we won't be able to kill the witch in time and basically the witch will just kill us all.

3. The amount of rushers these days are increasing, honestly i think the timer for the door should be increased as out of 16 players we can have around 6 -8 people or basically half the team rushing forward while other's hasn't loaded. And the team basically splits into half.

And within those 6-8 people that rushers, they split up as well, some of them will rush all the way and some of them will slow down halfway, basically leaving them in sort of a stretch of line, alone. and they always end up dying, When the tank comes there is barely half the team to fight it.

4. I'm not against the MG team or anything, but this is what i've observed, there is a lack of admins in game to control all these situations and nothing is being done for so long. I'm not saying that there are no admins at all, there is a couple of admins who are active, but they can't be there all the time, we understand that. But we also see admins that don't even play L4D2 for so long.

(i'm not bitching about admins who play other games or not being online all the time, i know you have lives outside of MG, but they still do come on MG servers to play and that is good).

I feel that many players really get pissed off and stop playing because of this. On top of that with the problems stated in 1,2 & 3 new players who join the server will just leave after a couple of rounds because there is basically no fun, all they do is die.

i've seen some high level players helping them but that isn't enough, we can only help them with the skills, buffs, upgrades by advising them on what to get, but the main thing is the gameplay which sometimes we can't even handle the SI/tank ourselves and have to neglect the low lvls to survive. which makes them pissed off because they feel neglected and there's no teamwork.

Anyway, what i'm trying to say is the rushing problem is getting too big, it totally spoils the gameplay. No teamwork, stupid things are done, people are leaving because of this.

This HAS to stop, otherwise what's the point of playing L4D2, especially on MG where teamwork is even a more vital thing that we need. certain players do speak up and tell people to stop rushing but they simply does not give two-shits about them. We as players simply have no power to stop all these, we can't be possibly be vote-kicking half the team.

People can say that if half the team is ahead, it's not considered rushing, it's because of a few bad apples that showed this bad example to them and new players start to follow, making the new players all almost like this from their start of their journey on mg and i've seen many of them, when after they played for a period and are higher level, they do the same thing. it's like teaching babies bad stuff from young and they grow up to be that bad person.

And if people can say that the door timer is unlocked, after that 1min or so when you go out it's not really rushing, then i can say that it isn't working as MANY players take very long to load.

i hope the MG team can do something about this, Thanks for reading.

Cheers!

2. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

I have to agree Ian.

I haven't played on coop or versus servers for a while because hidden infected has taken over my life (Damn you, Honorcode) however when I do play I notice exactly as described here.

Picking up on the lack of admins, I was accepted as a trial admin, among others, as MG needed some more admins. I didn't make the cut but since then, one of the selected has left, another never plays any more and I have NEVER seen him in game and yet they haven't been replaced though they were accepted because they were NEEDED.

As Ian has also said, yes, real life comes first among volunteering to monitor a game server but that doesn't negate the need for another admin or two.

I love the work the MG staff put into the servers and their dedication is second to none compared to other communities I have been part of and I couldn't explain in words how great you all are. (I'd love to shag you all tbh. HC first ;) )

Wishing you marvelous gaming,

Tricky :)

3. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

This may not be a popular opinion, but as long as everyone has loaded before the safe room is open, I hope the new people rush. If they do not, everyone is sitting in the safe room waiting for farmers and slow, lost people. I will take rushing over the slow, idle, and farmers.

4. I agree with Tricky about the need for more admins... Seems like the only admins that are consistently on that I see in Co-op are Rubber Chicken and Sandante, most head Admins are on Hidden Infected and the only Admin I see on PR versus (Usually) is Erik.

I understand that admins aren't required to be on constantly and they shouldn't be. Maybe we could get a little more admin supervision on the servers as a lot of the more "Rowdy" players seemed to have caught on to the fact that their are not admins on usually. (with the exception on HI) Resulting in rushing, saferoom farming and in some cases griefing.

I am not on rant, I still very much enjoy playing on the servers and if I wasn't having a good time than I would not continue to donate to MG as often as I do... This is just merely an observation I have made, and in my opinion the amount of admins that I have been seeing lately is about as low as I have seen since I joined. I am not going to stop playing on the servers as I don't let these people get to me as much as the next guy, but I do think that either some of the current admins could try to be on just a bit more often or that MG starts taking applications to put on some trial moderators again.

Again, I'm not on a rant, just describing my observation and throwing in my 2

5. erik

erik MG Donor

Rushers are pricks and douches. They keep people form spawning sometimes.

However, I see one major problem with this. Why isn't anyone ever messaging me on Steam? I'm online every day, every night, all day, all night. If I'm in a game, I always respond, even if a little late. I almost ALWAYS solve the issues on-the-spot.

Message one of our people if I'm not online, which won't be the case. I'm not above helping with any issue, including rushers.

Otherwise, try coming to me next time.

6. TastyFish

TastyFish Member

Rushing - seems to be a hit or miss. You have either no rushers, 1-2 rushers or a group. My biggest peeve is waiting for everyone to load. This can be solved by making the door timer maybe 5 seconds longer before the round starts. For the rest of the game I dunno. We would be notifying someone every 10 minutes for rushers messing up the flow of the game.

Witches - the new players or low levels tend to cause the most issues. They think it's a regular pub server where they can one hit kill the witch. Other times it's a combination of accidental (via throwables, trigger-finger shooting or not seeing her) or those that try to snipe and miss.

7. JKG Krazie

JKG Krazie MG Donor

I've seen a bunch of rushers lately as in new players/veteran players as well. I would tell people to stop rushing out when people are still loading in. Not everyone has good connection or have too much addons/mods that make them load in slow. I've been playing quite less now, because of all the attitude I would get from new/old players. Only question I ask them when I've had enough of there rushing is "why the fuck are you in a hurry for?"

8. Ampelius

Ampelius MG Donor

LOL speaking of this I love to burn witches but sometimes someone just has to stand blocking her path and getting himself/herself killed...

Back to the rushing topic maybe there should be a auto-teleporting feature that teleports rushers back to the main group? I've seen this in other modded servers like Zomb!e Islands. Pretty cool. 8)

And for now maybe you might want to reduce your load time by removing some of your addons, closing unnecessary applications, etc.

9. Ian

Ian MG Donor

That is pretty dumb, Farming and staying with the team, HELPING low levels move and as one is totally different, yeah low levels rush to get fucked by tank/SI infront while at the back we high levels deal with SI's as well? smart idea.

Yes i've seen you online but why i didn't disturb you is because i know that you're playing other games, and i do know you would stop it just to come on MG to solve all these problems. Thing is that if there's only a couple of admins that are able to do this(when players complain and they come online) i can say that it's gonna be very tiring for everyone. This problem is on a bigger scale and needs to be solved by something more than just calling admins into the game everytime rushers play.

10. erik

erik MG Donor

Then message me and we will dialogue about real solutions. (Never worry about bugging me if I'm in another game. I can either multi-task or chances are, I was already playing for too long and needed a change-up. Regardless, it's never a bother!)

Anyhoot, I can't come up with any solutions based on what I read here, but then again it's been a long day. ;)

I need to go find Soma and watch Boardwalk Empire.

11. Ian

Ian MG Donor

Ok, will do from now on, thanks :)

Also, just to make it clear, i'm not talking about just a few players doing that, the numbers are increasing..

12. Jack Frost

Jack Frost MG Donor

I gotta agree with Ian on this one. I will always be the last few to connect into the game, and it's sad to see when I connect, either I'm dead or people already rushing out. Recently, I've been noticing a lot of new players, but sadly I don't see them often because like what Ian said, they kept dying, and everything. I feel that as current members, yes, as much as we wanna level up, be strong and awesome, able to fight the higher tier tanks and all, but I feel that one of the major things should be fostering teamwork.

Sometimes, when I join, I will be happy that oh it's advanced/expert difficulty, but when I see players being segregated, some still connecting, some ended up dead because of poor connections, as much as I love to play, I'll just leave cause there's no teamwork involved.

But despite all these things, I understand that the admins are really trying their best to smoothen out everything, trying to make the servers a better place for us, your sacrifices and hard work, they're really precious and personally, I appreciate each and everyone of you, I don't really know all the admins except for Erik of course, and may your work be paid off in the future :)

What I feel we, as active, current members/players can do, is to set an example to the new players? examples will be like not to rush, really go and help people whenever they are in need, go back to the players that are behind in case they're lost or in trouble, perhaps from here, we'll be able to have a more comfortable place to play and to get to know one another better.

Cheers and may the odds be ever in your favor :)