1. Click here to join our community discord server.

PR ASIA now back online!!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Mar 31, 2017.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

We are very very VERY excited to inform you that PR ASIA has been brought back online again!

Here's the info (or check stats/sourcebans):

Points Reloaded COOP APAC (mgftw.com) 139.99.8.171:27016
    Points Reloaded VS APAC (mgftw.com) 139.99.8.171:27015

We've also updated our DB cluster so loading and saving stats should be blazing fast!

Unfortunately, we've also decided to cancel US for now probably until OVH finishes their data center there as well. Sorry for that, of course you are still welcome to join our new & blazing fast 5 Ghz EU server!

Have fun!!

2. Thanks once again for your hard work at getting the ASIA servers back up. It was well worth the wait time for the OVH to improve their infastructure and it sure paid off! I'm looking forward to what the future for the mgftw forums holds in store :)

3. Shaikh Nedab

Shaikh Nedab Active Member

thanks marvel and team for bringing the dream come true. i am still searching my friend list and trying to let everyone know that asia is black now.

4. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

Is it just me that laughed at this typo :P

5. Shaikh Nedab

lol hahahahahahahaha didn't noticed.

6. [Loli in a box]

[Loli in a box] MG Donor

getting 300 ping on asia server... even though on geographically a lot closer to asia than the US which I have 200 ping on :smiley-whacky097:

7. marvel

Yes it really depends on where you are. I'm sure they will optimize the routing further though.

8. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

The entire datacenter opened less than 2 weeks ago, but we already have a server in there :)

the peering/routing is still being improved for sure since right now theyre single-homed and only connected via Telstra, this will change in the future.

9. [Loli in a box]

[Loli in a box] MG Donor

Welp until then :fameme:

10. Eh, is that perhaps why some of us are experiencing increased pings where as others experienced decreased pings regardless of location? quite curious. Average ping on the ASIA COOP server i've experienced is around 240 - 250.

EDIT: Had a talk to Akagi [â„¢Ûž] about it. (... is part of my chat that i've decided to exclude, it doesn't add to the topic anyway)
    Akagi [â„¢Ûž]: yeah that's the cause of packet loss
    Akagi [â„¢Ûž]: menu selection sux
    Akagi [â„¢Ûž]: like i've been trying to select something, it would disappear permanently unless i bring it up again for several times

This may be unrelated to ping and all but in terms of the asia database it seems to delay in bringing up the !cp or !buy menu. Can't recall if I've experienced it myself though.

11. marvel

Yes it seems different than any other Asia server we've had. I mean if it first routes through France or whatever then what's the use of the geographical location.

Like Stef said though they just opened the DC let's give it some time.

12. marvel

Btw all DB access is local now on Asia so any !cp issues should be solved now.

13. marvel

Ok guys here's some updates on Asia:

It currently routes back to Montreal then back to Singapore. The only area that goes directly to the Singapore network is in Malaysia right now.

So you know what that means. Ping/latency currently sucks on Asia. I've created a ticket with the host proivder but it doesn't look good.

14. marvel

Ok so for now I'm gonna shut down asia, it makes no sense to go around the world first for players, you are better of playing EU then.

I will update on this once I have an ETA.

15. Stefeman

Here's the deal in more clear words.

Because of the negative player feedback, we started investigating the issue.

First let's look at the pings

This is from Tokyo (JP) to the OVH Asia (SG) server.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/2ZDlSKY.png"}[/IMG2]

This is from Sydney (AUS) to the OVH Asia (SG) server.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/mAJGT8N.png"}[/IMG2]

This is from another Singapore server to OVH Asia (SG) server.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/vhreets.png"}[/IMG2]

As you can see, the pings are higher than many Asian players would have to the EU or USA servers. This completely eliminates the reason of having an Asia location, so untill this is fixed, we took down the Asia location. We still do have the server however. We'll have more info later on.

16. Stefeman/Marvel. considering that you guys took down the server from sourcebans, given you guys do have the server for yourselves atm. Will the USA servers be restored to sourcebans for now? given the amount of players that have returned, its very likely to get 2 full COOP servers again in the near future.

17. [Loli in a box]

[Loli in a box] MG Donor

Well... that was an unfortunate turn of events.

18. marvel

Don't worry we will find a solution.

19. Stefeman

We'll have something soon :)

20. Shaikh Nedab

wow cant wait to know about it. any hints? xD