1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Nostalgic Videogames

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jura, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Jura

Jura Member

What were the first games you ever played? Games that make you feel nostalgic and make you think about the good old days...

I, myself, grew up on a NES and PS1 but it's hard for me to remember any NES games except Duck Hunt and Mario as I was about 3 y old.Because of that, my most precious gaming memories come from the PS1 era.

Here are some games I remember the most:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

I enjoy the Time Crisis series on Playstation. Also played it in the arcades too. It's a good shooter game.

ACTION! :D

[video=youtube;ThpfJlCLQOo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThpfJlCLQOo[/video]

Time Crisis did something no other arcade shooters did. It had a foot pedal in the arcade, which you pressed down on to rise from cover to attack, release to hide and reload your weapon. You could dodge attacks.

However, when time ran out, it was absolute game over. Clearing the enemies at 'Action' points let you move on and get more time. It was also difficult to tell if and when an enemy shot would actually damage you.

When Time Crisis 2 came out, there were some big changes. Clearing an action point stopped the time and completely reset it. If time ever ran out, you only lost a life point instead of instant game over. The game also let you 'continue' if you lost all your lives.

Also, you could tell now when an enemy shot will actually damage you. (Red shots)

3. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

OH MY GOD.

Crash Bandicoot, Syphon Filter, and Time Crisis were the bomb. Spyro is also 10000% backed.

I'll take a brief peruse of my old PS library...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Twisted Metal, FF7, Worms, Driver, Resident Evil, RC Revenge, Mario, and so many others!

4. TastyFish

TastyFish Member

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Back then our first computer was a MSX, a Sony Hitbit to be precise which looked something like this.
    I'm talking 1986 here I was like 7 or 8 years old :)

[​IMG]

It came with a data recorder to load games from cassette. And you had to adjust the volume of the 'beep' all the time or the game wouldn't load correctly. Only the rich kiddies had ROM cartridges or disk drives. I mean at that time you would probably pay around

6. tank

tank MG Donor

Yea commodore 64 , my neighbor on eight floor had it, hes dad was coach of football club at dat time, making good cash, was very expensive for middle class in my countrye so i did not have it, but was visitnig him almost every day :). dat 80-ies, plus C64 was so cool dat u did not need pc monitor, just direct connect to TV :)
    I had a friend in my class he had "zx-spectrum" we runaway from class time to go play games lol :O
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. erik

erik MG Donor

Paperboy, Excitebike, Castlevania, FFIII (SNES,) Shadowrun (SNES,) Karnov, Faxanadu

8. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]
    Had one of these, Commodore 64 FTW - :smiley-signs021:,
    Favourite Game "Artillery Duel" - 2 cannons blowing the shit outta each other :smiley-scared006:
    [​IMG]

9. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

[​IMG]
    Alex the Kidd built into the Sega Master System 2, possibly the first combo deal (console with game) Played a lot of Alex the Kidd.

[​IMG]

I watched my brother play this for hours and hours on the PC until he beat it. About 15 years later it was him watching me as I showed him Doom 3 on the PC.

[​IMG]

Games were so random in the 90's...

We had a C64 before the Sega, but I didn't get to play much games on that. Damn, you can see the age gaps in this thread, all the oldies posting C64 and SEGA, SNES and all the young ones posting their PS1 games like those are old.

10. Jura

Jura Member

True. Well at least i'm glad i was born before things like micro-transactions, unfinished games and all-graphics-no-gameplay...
    ...Imagine if all gaming companies wanted to actually try and leave a mark in gaming history instead of just grabbing as much money as they can.

11. Zsoka

Zsoka Senior Member

The very first video game I played:
    [​IMG]

The early ones I remember the most:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The one game I played over and over and over again and wish to play again and experience what I had back then (And I still don't get why people hated this game)
    [​IMG]

The game that started me on the path of realizing who I was:
    [​IMG]

Annnd of course the game that kept me up all night for the very first time:
    [​IMG]

Oh the memories of getting grounded and gameboy taken away and yet still waking up in the middle of the night sneaking in my parents bedroom and taking it back to play some more. O-)

12. Jura

Jura Member

I don't know how i forgot about Harvest Moon |:(....One of the best games I ever played (my personal favourite would be Friends of Mineral Town)
    There's a guy who's making a Harvest Moon inspired game, Stardew Valley,all by himself.
    It looks pretty good so far + it's Cooperative...Can't wait

13. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

The good old NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) from 1985. Fun part: We still have it and it's fully functional.

[​IMG]

First game I ever played, Super Mario Bros. Really nostalgic, still playing it occasionally with my brother because we have a lot of fun together.
    And I can't be without mentioning the following; Duck Hunt. That game came to us later though.

[​IMG]

And then we also have a Volleyball game & Duck Tales 2 :D
    Also played a lot of old MS/DOS games with our first PC. Games like Need For Speed, Prince of Persia, Doom, Dyna Blaster, and many more to be mentioned.

14. richardtucker

richardtucker Junior Member

The images here makes me so nostalgic! I loved playing duck tales and alladin. Some other games I remember playing are Contra, Duck Hunt, Mario Bros. Those days were indeed awesome!

15. richardtucker

richardtucker Junior Member

The images here makes me so nostalgic! I loved playing duck tales and alladin. Some other games I remember playing are Contra, Duck Hunt, Mario Bros. Those days were indeed awesome!