1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

New Server

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Ben Tinner, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Ben Tinner

Ben Tinner Guest

Shall we set up a new l4d2 server? Because most of the time, the only server that is available is full most of the time, leaving others who want to join in missing out on the fun.

2. SanAtlas

SanAtlas Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Hello Ben,

A new server to create costs a lot of money, so i don't think there is no new server in need, that's all what i can say, i leave the rest to marvel.

3. Agreed with atlas on that part. I'll be honest here on this, the server isn't full 24/7. There are going to be some hours where there are no players on unless you want to start inviting people on.

The parts where you do see servers full for an extended period of time for many hours is when there is an event on any server, HonorCode or Stefeman are on for any reason at all or any other admin holds fun events for everyone in terms of things to do with tanks.

With the other servers as well, VS, Custom COOP and Hidden Infected usually don't get players or rarely at all per day with the exception of weekends (where sometimes the servers get players) Getting more than half the amount players on is like trying to invite people and hoping that they will show up when in 80% of the cases they won't.

I'll let Marvel explain better since he and the admins themselves understand a lot more than we do in terms of the servers. You cannot doubt it at all.