1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Morphine Injector Buff and Health bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doomie_22, May 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. doomie_22

doomie_22 Junior Member

The Morphine Injector Buff doesn't work from map to map. I have to re-equip it on every map for it to work.

Also I don't get full health after each map. I have the same amount of health from the previous map. Was this changed so we don't get full health at the start of each round?

2. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I have noticed this also with the morphine injector, it doesn't seem to transition between maps. My health is also acting very weird. Sometimes I have 100hp and then it will randomly jump to 275. Or it will be some random number like 210 in the SR. I can see 4 other players health with an add on I have and they all seem to be random numbers, which may be the health you had from the previous map. Ill check it out later today.

Another unrelated issue is that sometimes (randomly?) SI and tanks do not show a health bar when you shoot them so I constantly have to use !tankhp command to see where it is at.

3. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

Seems quite a few things are broken.

The buy menu costs, (for health items at least) isn't resetting at the end of maps or even campaigns, which I'm assuming isn't deliberate.

4. fnord

Here is me starting with 100 hp after having full health when entering SR on the previous map. Also notice other high lvls like punch and mjkazz having under 275hp.
    [​IMG]

Here is me starting with 294hp
    [​IMG]

5. DregonSteps

DregonSteps Junior Member

I've personally noticed this aswell, but I've found a temporary solution, though a bug fix is in order, it will work for now.

Solution

Just grab a medkit, heal yourself, and *Poof*, you're at full health. The surplus of medkits at the start make this all the easier to do.
    Though, if you're desperate, you could get down then get revived by someone. That seems to fix it though.

I'm sure you guys have found this out, but its here for anybody who doesnt know. :D

6. omfgbabi

omfgbabi Junior Member

that doesn't solve the morphine injector being needed to be re-equipped every safe house start....
    !cp > market(1) > buff(1) > edit buff list (2) > coop (1) > morphine injector buff# (1) > defensive buff (2) > morphine injector (2) > equip (1)
    so many buttons repeated EVERY SINGLE TIME!

edit:
    correction
    !cp > market (1) > > buff(3) > edit buff list (2) > coop (1) > edit (1) > morphine injector buff# (1) > survival buff (1) > defensive buff (2) > morphine injector (2) > equip (1)

7. fnord

One way around the annoying buff things would be to bind a key to get you to the edit buff screen. For example, if you open up the console and copy/paste the below, that will take you to the coop buff edit screen. You can change the command or add more to the command if you want to get more detailed.

bind "m" "say /cp;menuselect 1;menuselect 3;menuselect 2;menuselect 1;menuselect 1;wait 30;menuselect 1;wait 30;menuselect 1"

8. omfgbabi

omfgbabi Junior Member

my final key bindings (which worked!) there are actually 2 more menuselect; that i've missed out on original post

had to wait 50 because high ping (200ms) doesn't allow menuselect to function in quick succession

bind v "say /cp; menuselect 1; wait 50; menuselect 3; wait 50; menuselect 2; wait 50; menuselect 1; wait 50; menuselect 1; wait 50; menuselect 1; wait 50; menuselect 1; wait 50; menuselect 2; wait 50; menuselect 2; wait 50; menuselect 1;"

many thanks!

9. Fated 0ne

Fated 0ne Junior Member

I'm not sure why it is different for you but I have to include a "menuselect 7" to select Morphine Injection from the Defensive Buffs.
    That being said, I'm unable to bind such a long line of commands to a key. Instead of binding to two separate keys, I have the two individual lines of commands in a text file.

First line:
    say /cp; wait 50; menuselect 1; wait 50; menuselect 3; wait 50; menuselect 2; wait 50; menuselect 1; wait 50; menuselect 1

Second line:
    menuselect 1; wait 50; menuselect 1; wait 50; menuselect 1; menuselect 1; menuselect 2; wait 50; menuselect 7; wait 50; menuselect 1

I copy the first line into the console, hit enter and wait a bit. Then I copy the second line and do the same thing. That way, each map, I can just press the up arrow key twice in the console to get the the past command lines without having to copy from the text file again. But you probably can't do this immediately when you spawn in until everything in the server has loaded. For example, the "Arsenal" clan buff doesn't work straight away - therefore the clan menu, same with "Negotiator" and donor privileges. It's noticeable sometimes when the server suddenly says everyone has "joined the game" at the same time.

10. omfgbabi

omfgbabi Junior Member

I think that's because I have only 4 defensive buff and you have a minimum of 7 or more... you surely bought many buffs.

instead of console, I execute this from "autoexec.cfg" file from "cfg" folder in the standard location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\cfg ... probably why I can execute this in 1 line compared to the need for 2 separate lines in console

... saves me the trouble of executing command in console everytime (like you did) just copy paste the key binding into autoexec.cfg, go into game, wait for loading buffs, then click the button (' v ' for me) and get morphine injector.

here are several examples of key bindings in autoexec just in case you find it useful
    bind l "say /laseron"
    bind p "say /players"
    bind t "say /tankhp"
    bind i "say /inv"
    bind o "say /rep"
    bind c "say /cp"
    bind k "say /buy; menuselect 1; menuselect 2" (goes to rifle menu to select which rifle to buy)
    bind m "say /buy; menuselect 4; menuselect 3" (goes to medpacks menu during low hp emergency)

11. Fated 0ne

Fated 0ne Junior Member

@omfgbabi
    Ah fair enough, makes sense to me
    The problem for me is that I basically have everything on my keyboard bound to a key haha (mainly for add-ons and other L4D2 server commands)
    I'm a bit of a forgetful bugger and by the time everything loads, players would have left the saferoom and my focus shifts to that.
    Thanks, I'll keep what you said in mind :)

12. [Loli in a box]

[Loli in a box] MG Donor

or you could just /afk and then /js lol fixes it for me at least