1. Click here to join our community discord server.

More events ?!

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by fufu, Jan 12, 2017.

1. fufu

fufu Junior Member

Maybe to hold more event or make it more regular
    not just once or twice a year
    so that we can have more people playing in VS server

2. [Loli in a box]

[Loli in a box] MG Donor

Its really down to if HC has time or not, and it apparently does not seem like he has a lot(volunteer work is hard to motivate yourself to do). To be honest I would not mind at all if we can get out of season events. Like halloween event during march, spices things up in the community I feel, like the latest VS event brought back a lot of players that have left since the other servers were shut down.

3. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

The problem with "regular" events in my opinion, would kill the interest in the other servers stone dead.
    People would just wait for a space on the event server and play pretty much only that, spontaneous events (like the halloween one appearing unannounced sometime for example) are more fun, for exactly that reason, they are spontaneous which make people more interested. Also if they were constant, they'd "run their course" and people would undoubtedly get bored.

Also coding more regular events is a shit lot of work, and you have to remember out dev's dont get paid for what they do, they do it to help out. Bug fixes, etc.

Again, just my opinion, but I think it's fine the way it is.

4. My 2 cents on this...

with already 5 servers on mgftw (if you don't count the clan wars server that makes it 6), while i do agree that some events like the VS events, Halloween and Valentine events bring back the players to that or other gamemodes. The player base that did return would eventually die off, resulting in less players for a future event that happened possibly. I don't see any point in increasing the number of events that happen when only COOP is active and getting other servers up and running by inviting is like starting an old rusty engine (believe the players here, it does happen a lot more often on emptier servers). There is not enough interest in people playing the other servers.

Also speaking of COOP itself. i've recently seen a pattern myself where you would expect one server to be full and the other to be not full or barely lacking any players. This was one of the reasons why back in 2015 the US COOP server got shut down until now, down scaling both the players and the servers to low levels until now too, thus it's less likely for the chances of events would have players returning to them.

5. [Loli in a box]

[Loli in a box] MG Donor

I think if we can spice up VS that would be nice, where you can several guilds can band together to form a team for clan wars rather than needing 8 players from each clan since thats pretty hard to organise.