1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

mmo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fa!l, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Fa!l

Fa!l Senior Member

if you guys ever wanted to try out an good MMO-RPG without montly fees check this out http://guildwars2.com/en/ w8 a while till you see play. Just leave some comments beneath this and no OHHHH World of Warcraft is better so gtfo comments i will just delete them.

NOTE this game isnt released yet demo was last weekend on the gamescon in germany. So the game will be released somewhere in 2011

2. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Re: mmo

That is one awesome game. I watched a few of those vids, and i assure you, I will own that last dragon.

3. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Looks pretty cool, but my lil experience with mmo's tells me that videos or teasers are always cool, but the actual gameplay isnt so good or may even suck sometimes. Hope this isn't the case.

Ill give it a try when it comes out, the graphics just left me --> :O.

4. Sonya

Sonya Member

nice video :), well lets see if they can keep those promises in the same direction.

and one last thing. I HATE World of Warcraft

5. Popshotz

Popshotz Guest

The game looks visually stunning. Then again, video's are always far more visually stunning than the actual game. If the monsters look like they do in that video, my my, this game is going to get played more than L4D.
    I just hope this game isn't a disappointment. :D

6. Fa!l

Fa!l Senior Member

go to www.gametrailers.com and then search for guild wars 2 there are demo video's of the game itself from last weekend at the gamescon in germany

7. Ricox

Ricox Member

I've played Guild Wars and I definately recommend anything related to Guild Wars as long as it's similiar to/better than Guild Wars. That game was epic and wasn't some kind of grinding fest because it had 20 level cap. :)

8. Kalei

Kalei Guest

gw was kinda boring after a while since you're basicly playing the storyline alone all the time.

9. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

Isn't guild wars a p2p MMO?

10. Fa!l

Fa!l Senior Member

if you read my first post i said no monthly fees and they are not even intending to make it p2p

11. Ricox

Ricox Member

Fail, why should they want to make it P2P if it was P2P previously? Guild Wars was P2P MMO, but for some reason they made it F2P, so basically people that bought it had wasted their money. I haven't played Guild Wars for a few years, so I have no idea what happend and did the paying customers get anything in return.

12. Fa!l

Fa!l Senior Member

guild wars was never p2p since im playing it for 5 years now....

And they said tons of times that Guild Wars 2 wont be a p2p game..

13. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

Oh, cool.

14. Ricox

Ricox Member

What are you talking about? You need to buy Guild Wars meaning it's P2P, but it has no subscription fees. :roll:

15. Fa!l

Fa!l Senior Member

with PAY 2 PLAY they mean you need to keep paying to play like in wow you need to pay every 1 or 2 months to play the game

16. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

You still need to buy the game = FAILURE >.>

17. Fa!l

Fa!l Senior Member

ofc everyone buys a game to play it but overal p2p at mmo games is that you need to keep paying to play it

note this isnt what the topic is for i just asked for people reaction about this game and if they ever wanted to try out a good one without being bound to monthly fees

18. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

If i ever get in to a a dirrent MMO it will be EVE, the butterfly effect trailer gets you hooked! and the Dust trailer looks ownage!, get a real MMO game, indepth game, with great graphics, with a map so big, it will take u like 3 hrs to get from 1 side to the othere lol

19. Wolf O'Donnell

Wolf O'Donnell Senior Member

looks good! MMORPG's are my favourite games!! In fact, any RPG is my favourite! Into dragon age atm, can't wait for DA2 ^^

20. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

That game looks so good, I just hope is as good as the video and plays like they say it will,
    if does then it will be awesome.