1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Live Game Stream on Twitch.tv

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by erik, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erik

erik MG Donor

Hi,

I am speaking to a contact I know at OVERKILL Software. I have done charity streams in the past. For those who don't know what that is, it is simply people watching me play video games on twitch.tv, which is the site that broadcasts it.

A charity stream also means that I have sponsors (who give me keys to giveaway to the viewers,) while I simply play video games for an extended period of time. The purpose is to encourage viewers to donate to the charity of the streamer's choosing, in my chase Cancer Research, Children's Cancer, or other good sources that need real money, right now.

The discussion is still in the works. What I am asking for is OVERKILL's Sponsorship and Support. This is not only PAYDAY/PAYDAY 2/PAYDAY DLC keys, but more importantly, acclaim and advertisement in the PAYDAY 2 official Steam area.

If more people know about it, more people will watch. If more people watch, more people donate to the charity. My main motivation is to make the charity money.

You are all invited to watch if and when I do it. Once the majority of my charity stream is completed, I will do a little L4D2 PR gaming on MGFTW.com Servers. I won't give away any OVERKILL-sponsored things during that time, of course, but it is good publicity for MG.

I would also like your guys' support and server presence if and when that takes place. I will update this thread once I receive confirmation from OVERKILL.

2. erik

erik MG Donor

It is confirmed. Almir from OVERKILL Software is going to mention my charity stream in an official Steam Game Announcement prior to 29-MAR. I am going to stream PDTH, PD2, and L4D2 live from 1PM - 1PM EST for ActionAgainstHunger.org and give 100% of the proceeds to them.

A friend who is a PD Mod got $11,000+ raised last time and I was part of that event as well. This will be a big and popular event. I will need people to help moderate the Twitch.tv stream. Message me on Steam if you want to participate and know how to moderate a Twitch.tv stream (or are interested and have time.)

See you there!

Happy gaming,

3. erik

erik MG Donor

Well, yesterday the 22nd was the date Almir announced the game for. Not sure where the miscommunicaiton came from. However, it was REALLY exciting to be featured in the in-game PAYDAY 2 announcements!

http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/1730813167312647965

He mentioned my Twitch account by name and it got over 6,000 views total!

We raised $2,500 for World Hunger. Since I already announced it for the 29th, I don't see why we can't soldier on and try for a larger goal.

So, I am going to double our target charity goal. See you there!

Happy Gaming,

4. erik

erik MG Donor

I just got this email from one of the people who work for AAH. AMAZING NEWS:

Hey guys,

Hows it going? I wanted to send a quick message to say thanks again. Your stream at the weekend raised enough to save 56 lives, and that combined with your work last year, is $13,816, or enough to help 307 children!!

It really is amazing how you have had such a big impact doing something you love. I mean, that is huge, how many other people can say that?? I did a fundraiser and I raised $600, so yeah, I need to do some work...

Anyway, we have a report going out next week, but I wanted to give you a quick view as you are featured as our top fundraiser for this year (at the end of the report).

(LINK DISABLED)

Please don't share yet, as we have not released it. Let me know any way I can support your efforts in the future!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.