1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Knife Buff not working on PR coop server!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guest, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Can someone tell me if there's a problem with this buff?, as I've been having trouble with it for the past few weeks now.
    On getting attacked by S.I. and using middle mouse wheel to select knife, nothing is happening.
    I've tried swapping buffs into other slots and back again, I've validated files, I've checked my own settings.
    If anyone can help with any other advice, it would be appreciated.

2. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I have not seen any issues with the knife buff, I usually play in US servers. Is your middle mouse wheel the 'zoom' button? It sounds like you are trying to select a melee weapon with the scroll wheel instead of using the zoom button to activate the knife. If I see you in US let me know I can spec you and we can test it out.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes the middle mouse button 3 is the hunter/sniper rifle scope (in other words zoom). but its the same button.

4. fnord

That is weird. And I am guessing when you zoom with a gun that it works fine? I have had this happen to me in the past but disabling and then re-enabling the buff worked for me. You may have discovered how to make the game even harder :D

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you for testing it, it's strange how it kicked in right in the last minute though, and we need it to work faster than that, on such a fast paced server :)

6. erik

erik MG Donor

Is this COOP only, or COOP + PR-VS?

7. I can confirm it is working but... it is rather delaying in action than it used to be and that started with me few days ago. when i first time had for like 1 week, everything was fine, i use mouse 3 and just as i click, it goes into action now i have to spam to see it working. tried both US and ASIA server to see if it was ping related but wasn't =/

8. erik

erik MG Donor

Ok, that settles it... what's going on is some sort of major lag related to the ability that makes the knife (our single most useful buff aside from vets and on-fire) not function in time. Since it's a recent issue, we don't know yet if it's "just working now & then," or if it's purely a delay we can't put an exact figure on.

Is this Versus AND COOP?

I understand it's happening on USA & ASIA PR. What about Versus?

9. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

It works for me too, but i have to push the Button like a Blacksmith.

10. chompski

chompski Junior Member

It broke a lot in co-op. sometimes you can even knife 4times...

11. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

I've had no problem with it whatsoever.

12. fnord

Me either raz, but then again the SI rarely gets me I'm so CAL-I 1337 :trollface:

13. Guest

Guest Guest

No it's not working at all, on PR-VS

14. erik

erik MG Donor

Thanks for the input, guys. If your Knife is NOT WORKING IN PR-VS, please say something here, so we know if it's isolated to Skadi or not.

Obviously, this is going to require HonorCode specifically, as this isn't as simple as locating a skill or upgrade that stopped working... this is something only he can do, but he's very, very, busy with school.

We'll do everything we can to sort this asap, but as always, thanks in advance for your patience. I know how essential knife is. Hang in there!!! It will get sorted. Please continue to add details in the meantime; too much is better than not enough.

15. chompski

chompski Junior Member

i dont think i have the problem on vs..
    Also my afb never came out when i was being molested by SI, but it came out when 1 infected hit me....fix my luck please :cry_smile:

16. erik

erik MG Donor

zomg