1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Interesting Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EndOfTime, Jul 10, 2010.

1. EndOfTime

EndOfTime Member

Had one hell of a day yesterday. I was driven down the road, had to get up early to pick a car up from the shop. Decided to take the back roads home instead of my normal trip down the highway. Well it started raining pretty bad outta nowhere. About a few blocks before I got to my house, I see this girl, dressed in all white, walking down the side of the road. I don't pick people up and give em rides ever. But looking over at her as I'm driven by I see that she looks like she has been having the shitest day ever. So the good side of me took over and I stopped and asked if she needed a ride some where. Turns out she was from outta town. Was looking for the hotel she was staying at and had no clue where it was. I asked her the name of it, whats it by and the like. Well she was only a street off and felt bad because she was only one street over and had been walking around in 95 degree weather for the past 3 hours. When I got her there she asked if she could get a ride to the bus station. I agreed. As I'm driving I was talking to her asked her why she was leaving town and all that good stuff. Her names Sarah, she is 23 (same age as myself). She said she was a Saleswoman that traveled with about 30 others to different cities and sold items door to door. She had just gotten back from vacation in Washington State for the 4th of July. And the manager fired or forced to quit over half of the team. The people that where left happened to be the ones that where disrespect assholes (we all know those people at work). So she was looking to get away and start anew somewhere. I let her use my phone so she could get a hold of someone to get her a bus ticket. She was having no luck at all getting a hold of anyone. In the mean time I decided that Id at least keep her company for the day, so we chatted it up and walked around downtown for the day. After about 6 hours she finally got through to a friend of hers that only lived a few hours away. Due to the time of day it was they couldn't get a ticket until the following day. Being the nice guy I am I got her a hotel room for the night and told her that a good nights rest would do her good and I'd pick her up in the morning to get her to the bus station. Had to go off to work or otherwise who knows what might have happened. :) Anyways, picked her up this morning, she called her friend, they set her up with a bus ticket and all that jazz. Took her out to lunch since it was going to be a good 6-7 hour bus ride. Had to part mid day with her, had to go run some errands and the like. But one thing is for sure I'll never forget being able to help someone when they felt like no one in the world was there for them. Turns out we had a lot in common, and given different circumstances there may have just been something there to work on. Left her with my number and said if she ever finds herself in Indianapolis again feel free to give me a shout or if shit just gets to hard I'm always available to talk to. Who knows may still get a chance to make something out of it. Besides all that it really was something to know that I helped out in a way that very few others would.

2. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

Re: Interesting Day

Good on ya, not many people would have stopped let alone done all the other
    things you did for her with out expecting some thing in return. Its good to see
    there are still some decent people out there :)