1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Increase the Dormant Key quest item chance to spawn? (IDEA ACCEPTED)

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by timkit, Sep 28, 2017.

?

If this idea was implemented into mgftw: What would you do?

Poll closed Oct 6, 2017.
  1. Add in more tries, up to 3 tries per chance per map in any 1 of a possible number of spawn points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Increase the Dormant Key Quest Item Spawn Chance from 45% to 60% chance

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  3. I have a way better idea than this (Say it in your post below!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I would not implement it into mgftw, people need to have patience for a week about this

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Take note: this idea has now been accepted!

It appears that some players on the forums, seem to want an increase in the chance of the dormant key quest item spawning so that it becomes much easier for them and for other people to do the quest overall. Here's some chat from the forums about this:

1. [​IMG] Today at 2:32 AM - Shaikh Nedab:
      i guess we need increase in drop rate of key for dormant tanks as we have to kill 4 of them and not only one player needs to do it. just saying its all upto admins
    2. [​IMG] Today at 6:30 AM - Horama:
      yeah i agree with shaikh
    3. [​IMG] Today at 12:31 PM - timkit:
      you guys can't handle the patience of how long it takes to get a key for the dormant tank hideout right?
    4. [​IMG] Today at 1:34 PM - Shaikh Nedab:
      the reason i said that is we need to get 4 keys to complete whole quest which is much difficult considering other players want it too.
    Ignore what I say here after shaikh's chat, Irrelevent to this topic.
    1. [​IMG] 29 minutes ago - Horama:
      no key 4 times or 5 times yesterdaay every day just increased it a little mute
    2. [​IMG] 28 minutes ago - Horama:
      i play all campagn need to wait 6 hours to replay a dormant map
    3. [​IMG] 27 minutes ago - Horama:
      i didnt know all spawn for 3 dormant map taking more time
    4. [​IMG] 23 minutes ago - Horama:
      u add if someone other find key etc
    Why don't I suggest either increasing the chance from 45 to 60% chance? or you can have it spawn in say 3 tries in any 1 out of a possible number of spawn locations for the quest item. Anyways I'll recommend this idea more if more people want it.

I'm also leaving a poll here to see what the others think.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    Shaikh Nedab likes this.
  2. Horama

Horama MG Donor

I just vote 60% for me it's enough

Shaikh Nedab and timkit like this.
  3. Shaikh Nedab

Shaikh Nedab Active Member

yes 60% rate sounds good. it will still make this quest unique and time consuming(which it was meant to).

4. Gavin

Gavin New Member

really should add up that drop chance.
    u really have to be very lucky to have the key or the door to spawn.

5. Horama

Horama MG Donor

Did a admin going post here or going ignore the whole community ? not to be bad but since 1 week i think you have time to say something

i finish the quest you see but i have complain from people , and it give exactly the reason given on first post

Not all can be a no -life and play 6 hours by day ^^

6. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

Spawn chance is now 60%.

It was less a case of 'ignoring the whole community' (I doubt the 10 people that voted is 'the whole community') and more I deemed this low priority when I first saw it a week ago, then completely forgot to come back to it.

Also you seem to get the impression than 1 week is a long time. We only have 2 developers, HC is ultra busy as of late and doesn't have the time to be checking the forums all the time. That leaves just me, and guess what, I have things to do as well, thus I'm not going to be able to leave a response all the time, nor am I going to be able to remember everything that was posted here. Have a little more patience.

timkit likes this.
  7. Shaikh Nedab

Shaikh Nedab Active Member

anyway thanks mute for this change and sorry for being impatience. will remember in future posts.

8. Horama

Horama MG Donor

I know mute i always say to honorcode if he need help i'm here ( of couse regarding modding i can"t ) , thanks for upgadre
    To help you , may be atlas or slater by example can learn codding ?
    i'm watching hc stream it's too hard for me tbh

Btw mgftw never have a lot of codder in past , always 1 or 2 do all job , may be formate staff can help you

For the community i count who vote here and discuss about ingame too , it seem all are okay for 60%

9. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Thanks for accepting the idea Mute, I don't think we will have any more trouble with the dormant tank quest now.

Better leave you to to get on with the work for this month, I'm sure its very important right now. Plus we will make sure to have more patience with these posts from now on.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  10. NetXe

NetXe Junior Member

Well if your forums is dead then you should ask the players them self who plays this mode.
    Not being rude or anything else, just I feel like there is a lot of wasted resources on this forum where it could spent some where else.

11. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Hey mute, you able to close this thread and this issue on TAIGA (same as here on the forums)?

Irrelevent now to have any new posts about this idea as it has been accepted.

12. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

The point of my mini rant wasn't that this place is 'dead', it's that I was questioning how missing one thread that didn't receive any bump since the original date until the two comments before mine on the same day is somehow 'ignoring the community'.

Anyway this thread has served its purpose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.