1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Halloween Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vulcan, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

I wanted to see what it was all about Sunday but it was jam packed all day. I tried tonight with 10/18 players and the game starts to load then crashes to the main menu. Do I have to DL a map?

2. Hawk

Hawk Member

Yes, its in the workshop under collections and is known as Mgftw Halloween I think

3. erik

erik MG Donor

Click my profile. Click "workshop." Click my subscribed items. Subscribe to the appropriate files and bookmark them in your favorites.

Launch the game. DO NOT JOIN off of someone else or piggy-back "join game." Launch the game and let it cycle for a full minute. You'll see the new subscriptions/workshop stuff verify at the bottom of the screen. Then just connect to the IP via console.

Connect 111.111.111.111:27016

Like that, then hit enter. Should be ok. If you get a map/guts issue and crash to desktop that's completely normal. Just try once more. The workshop system is full of issues and it's L4D2-level, not MG-level.