Flaming Sword Buff

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by KIDO, Jan 15, 2019.

1. KIDO

KIDO MG Donor

Quick question, will I be able to see my melee weapon on fire if I buy the Flaming Sword Buff? or only other survivors can?

2. BatCat

BatCat New Member

Yes u are able to see your melee weapon on fire for that buff. But it only works for certain melee weapons such as machete, katana and golf club.

timkit likes this.
  3. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Anyone can see your flaming sword buff when its equipped.

the Flaming Sword Buff also works for the Combat Knife.

BatCat likes this.
  4. KIDO

KIDO MG Donor

Thanks for the info..will buy this buff then.

If you dont mind if you could help me decide on 1 more buff i should buy? :)

Buff 1: Flaming Sword
    Buff 2: ?
    Booster: x2 just want to try it out

Was looking for armor piercing bullets (from searching forums) but cant seem to find in store.

Am planning a Pet charger but not really sure yet.

Already have Googles, knife recycle, helping drone.

5. Fated 0ne

Fated 0ne Junior Member

|E| Armor Piercing Bullets is a Halloween-event-exclusive (I assume) enhancement for the normal |Q| Piercing Bullets buff which is rewarded for completing Theodora's "Inseparable 3" quest.

That being said, I'd recommend the Berserk buff.

6. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Your welcome :)

Along with Fated One/Sabre, I'd recommend the |E| Berserk Buff. As an ability buff, when activated from the buy menu it can let your weapons ignore defenses and immunities on infected targets when activated for 30 seconds. If you do die, the buff effect ends and goes on cooldown for 5 minutes. Just note that bypassing immunities on any infected sets the attack bonuses for that shot to 0.

If you're one of those people that likes using buffs that let you deal more damage or increase the damage dealt, then Berserk is for you!

7. KIDO

KIDO MG Donor

Thanks Sabre and Tim.

Just bought the flame and berserk plus the booster x2

Appreciate the information?

Would I be able to bind the Berserk buff?

8. timkit

timkit MG Donor

You can bind the Berserk Buff using the binder item if you want to.

If you want to use the Berserk Buff with the press of a letter (assume its already equipped in your currently active buff set), I would recommend using this bind for it.

bind KEY "sm_berserk"

where KEY is the letter you use for the bind.

9. KIDO

KIDO MG Donor

Great, going to test it ingame.

appreciate the help

timkit likes this.
  10. Derflinger

Derflinger MG Donor

Little Side Note you can't damage Duelist or Juggernaut Tank with |E|Flaming Sword without the Searing Flame Enhancement from the Clan Crafting. Quick Explanation is |E| Flaming Sword deals a Mix of Fire and Melee Damage so Fire Resistant Tank just nullifies the |E| Flaming Sword Damage without the Enhancement.