1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

CUSTOM MAP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clark009, Jun 14, 2014.

1. clark009

clark009 Junior Member

can you create mgftw.com Asia | Points Reloaded 16-COOP costum map
    pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee
    :please::please::please::please::please::please::please:

2. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

What? o:

3. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

don't do drugs kids

4. Hey Koolaid

Hey Koolaid Head Administrator

Hi that would be a great suggestion but we have tried and tried to do custom map server but they just don't work with our mods. It would be the mod itself having fits or the map would crash everyone to desktop.

The other thing is trying to get people to download the maps in que is problematic. We have in the past setup a que of maps but people would download the ones they wanted or old versions and then ask whats wrong with the server. I wish we could run that type of server but as of now we can't do that type of server. :(

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I had some thoughts about this, so I'm kinda curious on the answer, but would it be too hard to permanently add one or two custom maps into the rotation? Most of us here can deal with the server crashes (such as in Cold Stream finale), and if they are being added permanently, it is just one map download. I say this as most have probably played all maps to death, and maybe even one other map could change things up.

Though, I just read above about crashes to desktop, which I have yet to experience here, so I'm not sure how simple it would be to make PR compatible with the maps.

6. tank

tank MG Donor

We had costum server last year, was cool idea, but was so many crash and it was mostly empthy every day :).So think would be just waste of money. I was more for HD server, if MG could fix that tank kill bug on Helms Deep reduce rewards and reopened server, that was a cool server for speacial tanks.