1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Custom COOP server (Info + Download)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

?INTRODUCTION

Good news!!

Our custom coop server returned! Most major issues have been fixed and for now two campaigns have been added: Dead Before Dawn DC and Suicide Blitz 2. Depending on popularity and demand we will add more campaigns later on.

To play on this server you'll need to obtain these maps and install them. There are two ways to do this. First and I think most easy way is to download the VPK from one of our superfast mirrors we've prepared for you.

DIRECT DOWNLOAD

Depending on your location, pick a mirror here:

North America: http://ca.mgftw.com/mgftw_custom_10212014.zip
    Europe: http://eu.mgftw.com/mgftw_custom_10212014.zip

Unpack the zip-file, and move the VPK files to your left 4 dead 2 addons directory. In a default installation this will probably be something like:

Code:
    [B]C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons
    [/B]

STEAM WORKSHOP

Another more user friendly way is to subscribe to our Steam workshop collection. This will ensure you'll have all the (future) maps you'll need.

Please use this link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329773140

Or search steam workshop L4D2 collections for mgftw.

SERVER INFORMATION

And finally, here's the server information:

192.95.55.223:27016 mgftw.com CA | Custom Campaigns 16-COOP

TROUBLESHOOTING

If you have any client issues, please make sure there are no other VPKs installed other than the one we are using! So check your subscriptions and your addons and addons/workshop folder!

If you're using Steam Workshop, make sure you wait with connecting to our server until the maps are updated. This usually takes 10 - 20 seconds when you start L4D2 (you'll see the spinning circle, if you connect when this is active, your connection will fail).

2. marvel

Reserved.

3. dT_Tb

dT_Tb Member

We own you a BIG thank you !!!!

4. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

Mega thanks Marvel, looking forward to some custom fun :)

5. marvel

Thank me (and HC) when it works :P

Btw there's more coming for Halloween stay tuned :)

6. Scoep

Scoep Member

i'll try download to test and help. 8)

@edit

Please, change:
    Code:
    [SIZE=3][B]C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead\addons[/B][/SIZE]
    to:
    Code:
    [SIZE=3][B]C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons[/B][/SIZE]

7. marvel

Done!

8. marvel

Map rotation is fixed guys (campaigns didn't end).

I hope this server can run without an admin some day. Map changes are forced for now btw, there's no voting.

9. Scoep

Scoep Member

What's it?
    [​IMG]

10. erik

erik MG Donor

I can't read the context of that log but it looks like you are crashing to desktop at custom campaign load, or you can't get into the server.

Exit L4D2, restart Steam, then launch L4D2. Do not click "join game," do not click "join" in sbbans or HLX, just launch L4D2 itself. Wait a couple minutes. Make sure your addons at the bottom (workshop or addon verification) complete. Then manually connect to the IP via console.

Connect 111.11.11.111:27016

Like this

11. dT_Tb

dT_Tb Member

It looks like the server is blocking us from login.

When I tried to join, the progress bar loaded ok but when it is about to finish, it says "disconnect: disconnect by server."

12. marvel

I tried to join, np at all but like Erik says you can't connect through sourcebans. You have to launch the game first, then connect by steamgroup or press ~ en type connect 192.95.55.223:27016 <enter>

But first you must wait until all the addon loading is complete.

13. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Cheers for all the hard work, definitely going to enjoy this!

14. dT_Tb

dT_Tb Member

Toaster looks a bit strange on custom campaign server XD
    It looks ok when you are still far away. So I think it's the toaster texture that has the problem. When you get closer, you will see it becomes a giant box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Those are erhm erhm erhm, mutated toasteers! zomg :trollface::whymeme:

16. DaveTHM

DaveTHM Junior Member

Excited for this! i'm downloading right now :smiley-signs082::smiley-signs082:

17. rapsusklei

rapsusklei Junior Member

is this points reloaded or normal ?

18. Adward

It's Points Reloaded.

19. erik

erik MG Donor

Just to clarify, anything we host will either have the PR mod, or something else that we offer.

If we ever offer servers that are "vanilla" configuration, we will specifically state so upfront.

PR is what people come here for, and what we all have the most fun with also, so you can expect that from anything we set up! :)

20. Adward

Just a question - will the custom coop server be added to HLstatsX? I usually use that for connecting and it makes things easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.