1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Choo Choo explains! - CBaseEntity::InputKill()

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by ChooChoo, Jul 22, 2016.

1. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

So, earlier on PR-VS, I heard players got kicked off the server, with the reason of "CBaseEntity::InputKill()"

So, you might be wondering, why does this happen?

Well, I consider it Valve's half-assed way of cleaning up things in the saferoom tunnel once the finale event starts. If playing single-player, online co-op, this command "kicks" the infected bots if left trapped behind. It's meant to despawn them, so they can spawn during the finale.

However, when you have a co-op game of 16 players, or a VS game where you have 8 survivors, only 4 of those are "mains", which the game counts on. If all of the mains are outside (or dead), the finale can be started. This means any non-mains in the tunnel will get "kicked" by this valve command.

At least, this is roughly what I understand of the command. So, moreorless, just try to make sure not to start the finale until the rest of the survivor team is outside.

2. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Thanks ChooChoo good info. To add to that you can also be kicked from The Passing if you are a donor and change you char to a non L4d2 char on the first map.