1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Ban / Steam ID not correct

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by praesi, Jul 28, 2010.

1. praesi

praesi Junior Member

Hi there.

I want to protest a ban. But the site says my SteamID isnt correct. But it is.
    Maybe an Admin can sent me his email, so i can explain the situation thet the admin construed wrong.

Thank You
    Regards
    Praesi

2. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

Re: Ban / Steam ID not correct

what is your steam id and ingame name?

3. Sonya

Sonya Member

He's probably this one:

STEAM_0:0:323586
    mgk | Praesi

12 hours of his 24h ban just expired

4. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

Player: mgk | Praesi
    Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:323586
    Invoked on: 07-28-10 00:59
    Banlength: 1 day
    Expires on: 07-29-10 00:59
    Reason: rushing

ok i baned you for one day for rushing, i do give warnings to every one with hsay command. i will end this ban, but if you go rushing again same thing will happen, but next time, the ban will not be shortend.

5. praesi

praesi Junior Member

Hi.

I understand that u ban Rushers, but let me explain the situation.

The whole team except me and another was down. Half Team on Ground was infected with boomerclue and a Tank was on its Way. I got 2 choices...stay, fight and die quick, or run as far as possible to make more points for my team. My ammunition was empty and i got only a baseballbat in my hands.
    When ist possible and/or make sense i always help teammates. But in this case, for me it makes more sense to run like hell.

Regards
    Praesi

6. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hi Praesi,

I agree with you if the survivors reach a situation where it's everybody for himself but then it's not called rushing anymore, just surviving with your last breath so if you get banned for that your protest is valid and will almost always be honored (i.e. unless you have a ban history that doesn't fit one 22" screen :P)

Rushing is such a hot topic and it happens so much that a mistake by us is easily made. Then there's the gray area where one admin wouldn't call it rushing and the other does or one player thinks of it as rushing and the other one doesn't.