1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Salt's COMPLETELY BALANCED Buff Enhancement Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by Vakarlan, Jun 2, 2019.

?

What do you think?

This poll will close on Aug 13, 2029 at 10:36 PM.
  1. Hmm ok

2. Get them into the game reee!

3. Are you pretending?

4. Are you high

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Vakarlan

Vakarlan MG Donor

Hey hey hey folks, salt here

Rip the old thread, so many ideas were lost, but we can only rebuild. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.On a side note I am purely focusing on buffs that doesn't have any enhancements at the moment. Here we go.

**DOES NOT WORK IN VS**

Offensive Buffs
    Extra Powder - Demolition expert

Special infected which survives the initial explosion is completely stunned for 5 seconds. Last 2.5 seconds for uber infected, pipe bombs also cost 25% cheaper.

Butcher - Leather Face
    Whenever you kill a special/uber infected with chainsaw, all common infected within 200 units will flee in terror for 5 seconds, while special and uber infected will be rooted with fear for 2 seconds, can only occur once every 15 seconds.

Tank Slayer - Tank Annihilator
    Each consecutive shot on the same target deals 150HP additional critical damage up to a max of 900HP damage. However, if you ever land a critical shot on another tank, the bonus resets. Damage also resets if you did not land a critical shot on the same tank within 8 seconds after the previous critical shot.

Intense Fire - Hellborn
    Every 5 seconds, infected within 250 units of you will be ignited. Instantly kills all special/uber infected under 10% HP.

Focus - Hawkeye
    Head shot completely ignores enemy Moustachio bless.

Tank Party Crasher - Party Pooper
    Additional damage per tank alive is now multiplicative.

Weak Point Spotter - Assassinate
    For every 10%HP missing from the infected target, the proc chance is increased by 1%.

Deadeye - Combat Veteran
    After couching for at least 3 seconds while scooped, you will instant kill a special/uber infected regardless of landing a headshot with AWP rifles.

Corrosive Vomit Jar - Chemical X
    Affected units will also have their defense/immunity disabled for the same duration.

Over-Excitement - Battle Frenzy
    While at below 50% of Hitpoints, the HP gain is doubled. (Does NOT affect allies)

Glory Killer - Doom patrol
    While having a chainsaw in hand, you take 15% less damage from tanks. Also tanks aggroed to you deals 15% lesser damage to you, you also gain 30% increased knock-back recovery from that particular tank.

Deep Cuts - Blade Master
    No more damage penalty against resistance targets, fatigue generation is increased by 200%. However fatigue recovers at a 100% increased rate.

Blunt Force Trauma - Skull Bash
    3% chance on melee attack to stun the infected target for 2 seconds. Goes through stun immunity.

Shrapnel Shot - Fiery Projectiles
    Projectiles now ignites all affected infected targets.

Defensive Buffs
    Car explosion Resistance/Bomb tank protection - DareDevil
    Affected by car and bomb tank explosions, you will take 1000 true damage. However after that you will have your action speed increased by 15% for 3 minutes. Stacks twice and refreshing its duration.

Counter Slap - Right Back at ya
    Shoving a boomer completely stragglers it for 5 seconds. You can only straggle the same boomer once.

Hope on Sight - Positive Mental Attitude
    If there are at least 8 visible standing teammates, you gain Moustachio bless for 5 seconds, this can only occur once every minute.

Group Moral - Determination
    Defense also counts dead allies.

Infected swarm protection - MadMax
    You can no longer be slowed by common infected.

General Tank Handler - Veteran Tank Expert
    You also scale tank punch knockback recovery by 0.12% per level.

Love is in the air - Heart of courage
    Blocks the first perma-death of your lover if the player is within 500 units of you.

It wasn't that high - Cat instincts
    Preventing ragdoll death no longer requires visible survivor, increase prevention rate to two.

Mindset change - Undying faith
    You crawl 50% faster and bleed out 50% slower if there is less than 5 survivors alive.

Super Moustachio Bless - Magic mushroom
    "This doesn't belongs to you", while in mousta bless, all your action speed is increased by 25%.

Advanced Morphine Injector - Adrenaline rush
    After using adrenaline, you heal 1% of your missing HP per second instead of every 5 seconds for the entire duration. Adrenaline duration also increased by 30%.

Unstoppable - Unbeatable
    All crowd control status expires 50% faster on you.

Vital Spirit - Lucky charm
    50% of time upon being revived, you gain moustachio bless for 10 seconds.

Guardian Dispenser - Hope in the darkness
    If there are less then 4 players alive, tick healing tick has 25% chance of reviving ally corpse within the affected area. Only works in survival.

Crush Resistance - Not dead yet
    You no longer suffer any bleed out while in-capped, damage reduction cap increased to 70%, however infected will be more aggro-ed to you.

Persistence - Seasoned veteran
    Every minute that you are alive, you gain (your current level - 150) in additional permanent hit points. Only works in survival, timer begins when the round starts.

Protective Bag - Sleeping Bag
    You heal 4% of your total HP per second while in the bag.

Promise - Inspiration
    Players that die within 200 units of you will not drain your HP. Whenever a player incaps withing 100 units of you, that player gains moustachhio bless for 2 seconds.

Free spirit - Desperate measures
    Every second that you are trapped by special/uber infected, you become more and more desperate, punching the infected dealing (your level - 100) true damage to that target per second.

Bodyguard - Dying Loyalty
    No longer has a unit range limit. After your death for the player that you were protecting, that player gains moustachio bless for 10 seconds as well as pin immunity for the same duration.

More to come.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    timkit and Kirisu ღ like this.
  2. Thi

Thi MG Donor

4head

3. timkit

timkit MG Donor

here's ideas back since they got deleted, haven't really changed them in any way.

Quick Recovery - Hidden Strength Buff
    Maximum HP and movement speed reduction are reduced by 1/3. Additionally it'll only take 90 seconds for these values to decay.

Timed Detonator - Seeking Grenade Buff
    It allows you to detonate your pipe bombs before they explode within 10 seconds by pressing ZOOM. However, they will deal less additional explosion damage proportional to the time spent before exploding.
    <Cannot detonate within 5 seconds of throwing the pipe bombs> <X VS>

Emergency Provisions - Health Dispenser Buff
    When the dispenser is activated, it'll also heal any survivors currently on their last strike. <X VS>

Also heres my reply to those ideas:

Extra Powder - Demolition expert
    - Sounds good

Butcher - Leather Face
    - Sounds good

Tank Slayer - Tank Annihilator
    - I would perhaps nerf that additional damage down to 600 HP. Makes it sound like an assassin drone that can deal damage from far away.

Intense Fire - Hellborn
    - The buff is getting removed in V1.9 anyway.

Focus - Hawkeye
    - Sounds good

Tank Party Crasher - Party Pooper
    - I would either limit the multiplication to a x3 (for 3 or more tanks alive), or make the increased damage given slightly higher, +25% per tank above 1 currently alive instead.

Weak Point Spotter - Assassinate
    - for Special Infected, the idea itself sounds good. But for tanks I can see this being overpowered on paper with some weapons (like shotguns).

Deadeye - Combat Veteran
    - Sounds good

Corrosive Vomit Jar - Chemical X
    - Sounds good

Over Excitement - Battle Frenzy
    - Sounds good

Gory Killer - Doom patrol
    - Maybe make it just 15% reduced damage taken regardless of aggro or not.

Deep Cuts - Blade Master
    - Sounds good

Blunt Force Trauma - Skull Bash
    - Sounds good

Shrapnel Shot - Fiery Projectiles
    - Sounds good, I suppose you mean with the secondary effect if the chance of the buff does activate?

Car Explosion Resistance / Bomb Tank Protection - Dare Devil
    - for Car Explosion Resistance, the damage is already bad enough to deal with on VS. I would reduce this true damage down to 500 instead for COOP and 250 for VS. It sounds good for Bomb Tank Protection though.

Counter Slap - right back at ya
    - Sounds good

Hope on Sight - Positive Mental Attitude
    - Sounds good.

Group Morale - Determination
    - Sounds good.

Infected Swarm Protection - Mad Max
    - Sounds good.

General Tank Handler - Veteran Tank Expert
    - Sounds good.

Love is in the air - Heart of courage
    - Sounds good.

It wasn't that high - Cat instincts
    - 1st effect sounds good, though in my opinion blocking permanent death once should be ok.

Mindset change - Undying faith
    - Sounds good.

Super Moustachio Bless - Magic Mushroom
    - Sounds good.

Advanced Morphine Injector - Adrenaline rush
    - The buff effect should have a cooldown of 60 seconds after the adrenaline shot effect has worn off.

Unstoppable - Unbeatable
    - Sounds good.

Vital Spirit - Lucky charm
    - Overpowered. I would reduce the chance down to 10% chance for 5 seconds.

Guardian Dispenser - hope in the darkness
    - Sounds good.

Crush Resistance - Not dead yet
    - The effects should only apply while the tanks are alive.

Persistence - Seasoned veteran
    - I would cap the maximum HP increase to +500 from this buff enhancement.

Protective Bag - Sleeping Bag
    - Sounds good.

Promise - Inspiration
    - Sounds good.

Free spirit - Desperate measures
    - Sounds good.

Bodyguard - Dying Loyalty
    - Sounds good. Although having infinite range might not be the best idea.

End of feedback.

Kirisu ღ and Vakarlan like this.
  4. TENAB

TENAB New Member

I have some ideas:
    Extra powder - Compression Powder:
    On explosion, ignite any survive zombie (same damage/effect as molotov)

Tank Slayer - Tank hunter
    For each shot to tank, increase next bonus damage by 1% (3% to head and heart,max 100%)
    (reset when damage is deal or shoot another tank)

Weak Point Spotter - Weak point invester
    On ignore defenses and immunities shot, 10% to decrease it's defenses/ immunities by 1% (or decrease it's defenses/ immunities for 5s)

Over Excitement - Madly Excitement:
    If you see a zombie, gain THP .
    normal commons: 2THP ( cannot exceed 20 THP)
    big commons: 4THP( cannot exceed 40 THP)
    SI: 10THP (cannot exceed 50 THP)
    Uber SI : 20THP (cannot exceed 100 THP) (or should we limit it by % of our HP?)
    If you do not kill zombies give you THP, lose the same THP amount. If you dont have THP, lost halve that amount to HP

Nihilism - penitent Sinner
    +2HP extra damage for each death this map( 1HP extra damage on scenario). double when HP < 5%

Deflection Suit - thornmail
    The more damage zombie deal, the more damage reflect (2% per hit, 1% to tank/witch)

recycle knife - upgraded knife
    your knife now have 10HP,each time you use:
    -0 hp when use against smoker. If pulled next to smokers, 50% to kill it (25% on uber smoker)
    -2 hp when use against jockey.
    -3 hp when use against hunter.
    -4 hp when use against charger.
    double amount when use on uber.
    if the knife's hp not enough, the SI take damage base on knife's HP, stunned for 2s (1s on uber), cannot trap you again for 2s (after the stun) (1s on uber) and free you.
    when HP reach 0, you lost 1 knife.

that what currently on my mind right now, i'll comeback when I get more

Kirisu ღ and Vakarlan like this.
  5. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Here's my feedback on these buff enhancements

Extra Powder - Compression Powder:
    - Sounds good.

Tank Slayer - Tank Hunter:
    - Sounds good.

Weak Point Spotter - Weak point invester:
    - I think decreasing its defenses and immunities by 10% for 5 seconds (cannot stack) with a cooldown of 30 seconds seems like the better latter option.

Over Excitement - Madly Excitement:
    - I think the effects should have a radius of 500 units. Also... what about the limits on THP, is it for each type of infected? (given common, special and uber infected). Otherwise its interesting enough.

Nihilism - pentinent Sinner
    - I think gaining extra damage for each survivor currently dead is a bit better. Unless there's a cap to that additional damage given each death adds up. Secondary effect sounds good.

Deflection Suit - thornmail
    - Not sure what you mean here.

Recycle Knife - Upgraded Knife
    - This makes it interesting for COOP, assuming it also means you can't use it on VS (as per <✖ VS>)

6. TENAB

TENAB New Member

about madly excitememt, it's the limit for seeing them(each type) , not killing. you can adjust the limit amount or skip it. I dont know if with no limit, will it be too OP with the basic over excitememt buff (still get halve of that amount and basic buff THP). apply radius seem perfect, or on sight radius is good too.

pentinent sinner: yes, it should have a cap, but I cant calculate how many is enough for not be too OP, or it can be based on allies death, but I think not everyone want to keep their allies death except for perma, it will be pretty rarely for someone to used it in that case.

thornmail: i mean the more one zombie hit, the more damage reflect back to that one(each zombie is separate) . (should it give zombies some bad status to them? like bleeding, decrease damage or stun)

Kirisu ღ likes this.
  7. TENAB

TENAB New Member

2nd new idea:
    new buff :
    equipment buff - puke delivery
    while holding a vomit jar, press 'scope' to consume it. melee attack inflict vomit jar effect on zombie it hit (for X duration OR X next hit) (not create a group of zombie)
    actually, I first think this will give a special clip for primary weapon (or lower amount). but maybe too complicate atm. if we can use this on main weapon, this gonna be useful. or we can just use both, press 'scope' while holding first then select which weapon we want to give it effect. if want to cancel, just press 'scope' again.

equipment/utility buff - veteran doctor:
    your pills/adrenaline now have stack, collect the same type give as follow:
    pills: each stack give - 10% less THP
    adrenalime: each stack give - 10% less THP - 80% less bonus speed, from 3rd stack, give 0,1 speed duration each
    max 5 stack.

buff enchant
    veteran doctor - Researchers:
    each stack now will give:
    pills: 20% lost hp
    adrenaline: 15% lost hp
    when use, after X duration, get 'weak' status for Y duration:
    pills: take 2% of lost hp as addtional damage from all source. if run out of THP within X duration, take 4% instead
    adrenaline: take 2% of lost hp as additional damage from all source, if run out of THP within X duration, take 5% instead. speed bonus - 10%

Kirisu ღ likes this.
  8. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Here's another random buff enhancement idea that I came up with while doing the Duelist COOP Buff Set for the Balanced side of things.

This buff enhancement will be for the hyperactive buff.

Hyper Activity:
    When active, for 10 seconds you will not be able to be knocked away while holding a melee weapon in hand. Cooldown: 60 seconds.

Kirisu ღ likes this.
  9. Vakarlan

Vakarlan MG Donor

Yep +1 to that.

On a side note, more coming

Kirisu ღ likes this.
  10. Vakarlan

Vakarlan MG Donor

Back for more, tbh I never expected my past suggestions to be taken seriously and went into the game, I am doing this purely on my own leisure.

Ability Buffs
    Shoving expert - Southpaw
    Enabling this enhancement disables the ability to hold/use primary/secondary ranged weapons. However you can shove any type of special infected with 33% chance of stunning them for 3 seconds, 3% chance on shove to stun tanks for 3 seconds (once every 30 seconds), shoving deals 325 based damage (cannot be increase under any situation). Cannot be slowed below 50% of your max movement speed and gains 40% knock-back recovery. Any special/uber infected that comes within 250 unit of you will NOT attend to pin you, instead they will melee you constantly. Does not work in VS.

Agitated Rescue - Left 4 dead
    When rescue vehicle is in sight, you can no longer be slowed/ inflicted with bad status. The nearest 3 survivors within 500 units also gains the base benefit of this buff, effect lingers for 5 seconds after other survivors exiting the range.

Beyond the grave - Vengeful Spirit
    Upon using this ability, you will come back to life as a spirit form for 15 seconds. In this form, you can fly, go unhindered in infected spawn, and is unable to be targeted by the infected. However you can still use actions such has, shoving/defibbing/healing/reving. Unable to use buffs during this period and if your corpse is defibbed, you exit the spirit form.

Bird Whistle - Falcon pack
    Passively a falcon follows you around, instantly killing 2 special/uber infected every minute that comes within 500 units of you. Using this ability will call upon falcons instead, on top of deal damage, they straggle tanks for the same duration. When the ability is on cooldown, the passive falcon disappears. Additionally this ability can be used indoors, however you only deal 75% of the total damage.

Enraging waves - Concentrated Waves
    Instead of taunting tanks, you now only taunts special/uber infected. During this period you gain 20% defense vs the infected and cannot be pinned. Each special/uber infected killed by you during this lowers the cooldown by 3 seconds.

Hidden Strength - Hidden Potential
    After coming back to life, the first purchase of health based items will cost no bounty, the second purchase will cost 50% less bounty.

Adrenaline Area Booster - Boosted Momentum
    During this duration, all affected survivors cannot be slowed. While running away from a tank while facing it, you gain another additional 30% extra movement speed. Cannot be used in VS.

Battle Cry - Primal Roar
    After using this ability, all affected survivors's weapons will not consume ammunition. Does not affect special weapons.

Non-Aggression Pact - Peace Treaty
    Survivors will be not hindered by the infected, and gains 20% movement speed and action speed, purchasing items during this duration also cost 15% cheaper. Upon ending of the Pact, infected gains 20% movement speed and damage for the 10 seconds and takes 15% lesser damage.

Sacrifice - A Noble End
    Decrease area to 300 units, however resurrected survivors also gains the effects of super mousto as well as being fully healed. Dying phase tanks will flee from the 300 units area for 5 seconds, this effect only works once per round across all survivors using this enchantment.

Equipment ideas otw

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  11. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Here's my feedback to these buff enhancements:

Shoving Expert - Sounds good.

Agitated Rescue - Sounds good.

Beyond the Grave - Yeahhh no. While being able to come back alive as a spirit is a good idea, you should only be able to shove any infected and move any items around (by equipping and dropping them) while on the ground. Assuming no maximum on this duration, you can use 100 bounty and gain 150 seconds of this effect xD. Should limit it down to 20 seconds at most regardless of the bounty used.

If I wanted to suggest an alternative buff enhancement for Beyond The Grave

Beyond the Grave - Partial Helper
    Instead of expending all of your bounty, allows you to expend it in 20/40/60/80/100 bounty increments. Cooldown: 60 seconds after using it.

Bird Whistle - Sounds good.

If I wanted to suggest an alternative buff enhancement for Bird Whistle

Bird Whistle - Adaptive Birds
    You can use the Bird Whistle Indoors, but instead deal 50% true damage of what you would normally deal instead.

Enraging Waves - Sounds good.

Hidden Strength - Sounds good.

Adrenaline Area Booster - Sounds good, but i'd prefer that to be a <✖ VS> Buff Enhancement.

Battle Cry - Should give +ammo save chance to all survivors affected equal to the number of survivors affected around you when used.

Non-Aggression Pact - Current duration sounds good so I wouldn't think a 20 -> 30 second duration is needed. But everything else sounds good.

Sacrifice - Sounds good.

12. Vakarlan

Vakarlan MG Donor

I was testing my luck with the grave one xD. Done some adjustments from your suggestions.

13. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Here's a random buff enhancement idea I came up with today:

Melee Criticals | Buff Enhancement for |E| Weak Point Spotter
    Allows your melee weapons to randomly inflict critical hits on your targets, ignoring melee defenses and immunities.

Not that melee weapons would work with Weak Point Spotter Buff right now. But that buff hasn't been put to test with melee weapons yet.

Vakarlan likes this.
  14. Vakarlan

Vakarlan MG Donor

Equipment, my favorite

Equipment Buffs
    Double Projectile - Loose Cannon

Total projectile increase to 3, however projectiles loses 20% velocity while in the air.

Cheap Goggles/Goggles - Safety first
    Blind effects last 50% less duration on you, increase visibility in Craggy Tank's sandstorm by 50%.

Heat Missile - Long range ballistics
    Unit range is now 2000, also missile projectile's speed increase by 10% every 0.1 seconds of travel.

Floral Grenade Launcher - Acid Rain
    Gains "Acid Rain" ability, every 6 minutes you fire a projectile into the air. 2 seconds later acid will rain down upon 2000 range of the initial fire spot, dealing 20 true damage DOT. Total duration 30 seconds, damage intensifies as infected stays in the rain, with additional 20 true damage per DOT added from the previous DOT value. Requires a full clip to fire.
    Does not work indoors. bind x "sm_acidrain"

Seeking Grenade - Hot Wheels
    Projectile speed is increased by 200% and also able to maneuver over walls seek infected through windows in a shorter time.

Chainsaw Dumbass - Doom Patrol
    Damage vs tanks is increased by 1% everY 0.1 seconds you saw away at the tank, damage resets after 2.5 seconds if you haven't damage the same tank with chainsaw. Gains 20% stun/knock-back resistance while holding on to a chainsaw. Max damage increase (200%)

Health Dispenser - Mobile Dispenser
    Instead of place it on the ground, the device now dispense as you move around. Granting Moustachio Bless to every friendly ally for 5 seconds upon contact, while moving the healing effect is increased by 100% on self.
    <Hold medkit and press the USE twice key to activate>

Frag Grenade - Fragmentation Shards
    Upon detonation, 10 shards fly outwards every projectile deals 125 true damage.

Advanced Grenade Launcher - Future Tech
    Enable fast upgrade for Grenade Launcher. Every 2 minutes, the weapon auto refill its clip.

M60 Dumbass - The Terminator
    Upon killing 10 common, 3 special, 1 uber infected. The m60 will not consume ammo for 5 seconds.

Enchanced Pills - Health "420" Amplification
    After taking pills, all healing effects are amplified by 25% for 1 minute. Whenever you get healed by other teammates during this effect, your speed in all aspects will be increased by 4.20%.

Freezing Grenade - Hypothermia
    Bypass stun/freeze internal cooldown immunity, units will be frozen no matter how far away from the explosion.

Healing Pipe Bombs - Medical Payment
    Every ally healed by this ability gives you 1 bounty. Max bounty gain= (total no. of survivor - 4)

Ammo Dispenser - Arms Dealer
    50% lesser bounty cost, every player that uses your pile for ammo will give you 1 bounty, limited at 5 bounty a minute cap.

Electric Frag Grenade - High Voltage
    Also electrocutes infected that are not in water, however duration is reduced to 15 seconds.

Flamethrower - Purifier
    Unhindered by infected while holding using the flamethrower, range of this weapon is increased by 50%.

Double Barrel Shotgun - OSfrog
    Can be configured by the weapon configuration tool, still counts as special weapons. (This is a joke)

Slaying Automata - Mounted Automata
    Deploy the turret on your shoulder instead increasing its fire rate by 15%, damage penalty is not counted towards the team's turret count. Reduce your movement speed by 10%. Also reducing your deploy/undeploy speed by 25% due to the added weight

Auto Pistol Modulator - Agent Smith
    Pistol's bullet projectile pierces up to 5 targets, head shot kills on ci completely destroys their corpse.

Freezing Grenade Launcher - Mr Freeze
    Turns the grenade launcher into a freeze gun, deal 40 true damage every 0.1 seconds, weapon effective range is 300. Slows infected by 10% in all aspects, if the target is slowed for more than 4 seconds, it will be frozen for 5 seconds. Last 1.5 seconds on tank. The grenade launcher cannot benefit from damage, fire rate, reload speed or ammo save modifiers, you also cannot buy or use special ammo like with the Flamethrower buff. Ammo clip count will be similar to that of a chainsaw.
    <Tanks can't be frozen in 10 seconds of another stun/freeze>

Discharger - Mobile Discharger
    Instead of place it on the ground, the device now discharges as you move around. Emitting waves every 2 seconds dealing 1000 true damage and defibbing corpse caught in the 150 radius, last for 8 seconds. If you die within the 8 second duration, it will resume the functions of a normal discharger.
    <Hold defib and press the USE twice key to activate>

Spin-up m60 - Immortal Joe
    Cannot be pinned by infected while firing m60, however decrease your reload speed by 10%, gives you +25% increased aggro against Special Infected (not tanks).

Rocket Launcher - Seek and Destroy
    You can now scope with the weapon, in scope, all special/uber and tanks will glow in red.

bb

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    timkit likes this.
  15. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Alright so here's my thoughts:

Double Projectile - Loose Cannon
    - Sounds good.

Cheap Goggles / Goggles - Safety First
    - Sounds good, but the buff enhancement effects should be more reserved for COOP with <✖ VS>.

Floral Grenade Launcher - Acid Rain
    - Would rather it replace the buff effect itself with the "Acid Rain" effect. An 8 minute cooldown seems like a bit too much, so reducing it down to 6 minutes (with the buff going on cooldown immediately after the buff effect starts) sounds a bit better. Everything else sounds good, but if you're gonna fire that thing into the air, it shouldn't be used in closed areas. <✖ VS> for the buff enhancement too as I see the effects more of a COOP thing.

Seeking Grenade - Hot Wheels
    - Sounds good.

Chainsaw Dumbass - Doom Patrol
    - Sounds good.

Health Dispenser - Mobile Dispenser
    - Sounds good, buff enhancements effects are more <✖ VS>.

Frag Grenade - Fragmentation Shards
    - Sounds good.

Advanced Grenade Launcher - Future Tech
    - Sounds good.

M60 Dumbass - The Terminator
    - If you wanted to have this buff enhancement activate in VS, it would be 20 commons and 5 specials in that gamemode. Otherwise it sounds good.

Enhanced Pills - 420
    - Funny name, though Health Amplification sounds like a better pick xD. As for the buff effects, I would have the 25% increase in healing received for 30 seconds instead on a 60 second cooldown. Everything else sounds good.

Freezing Grenade - Hypothermia
    - Sounds good.

Healing Pipe Bombs - Medical Payment
    - The bounty gain should only be applied once (in the case of double projectile buff) per throw.

Ammo Dispenser - Arms Dealer
    - If I had to think of a better effect... I was thinking of reducing the bounty cost of ammo dispensers by 20%, but also having the effect of also refilling the clip size for a weapon once per ammo pile placed down (secondary effect doesn't apply from non-buff ammo piles).

Electric Frag Grenade - High Voltage
    - Sounds good.

Flamethrower - Purifier
    - Sounds good.

Double Barrel Shotgun - OSFrog
    - hahaha xD, you wish :P

Slaying Automata - Mounted Automata
    - Sounds good, but would also add a secondary negative effect of reducing your deploy/undeploy speed by 25% due to the added weight.

Auto Pistol Modulator - Agent Smith
    - Sounds good.

Freezing Grenade Launcher - Mr. Freeze
    - To add onto the above, the grenade launcher cannot benefit from damage, fire rate, reload speed or ammo save modifiers. You also cannot buy or use special ammo like with the Flamethrower buff. As for a positive effect however, I would add that it can also affect slow/freeze immune tanks.

Discharger - Mobile Discharger
    - Defibbing every 0.5 seconds? yeah.... no. It should at the very least defib anyone nearby once the effect ends. Everything else sounds good.

Spin-up M60 - Immortal Joe
    - Sounds good, although another effect to it should be that it gives you +25% increased aggro against Special Infected (not tanks).

Rocket Launcher - Seek and Destroy
    - Sounds good.

Vakarlan likes this.
  16. Vakarlan

Vakarlan MG Donor

Changed a ton of them from your suggestions, I think I need to mention from this forward, none of the enchantments will function in VS. Acid rain needs to be a high cooldown, I did the math on that, its pretty scary.

17. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Guess you could have dropped a note about the buff enhancements in that post being COOP only :P

I see though..., thanks for the feedback ^^

18. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Came up with 8 new buff enhancement ideas, some are halloween themed xD

Ninja: Fear Resistance
    If you're affected by fear, you will be able to use your melee weapons again, but with a 25% reduction in attack speed until you're no longer feared.

Corrosive Vomit Jar: Enhancement Remover
    Infected affected by the vomit jar will now also lose their uber form if they have 1 and will have all attack bonuses disabled for the duration of the vomit. Lasts 5 seconds on tanks.

|E| Hidden Strength: Immunity Idol
    When you become resurrected from the dead, you gain 20 seconds of immunity to all bad statuses and stackable effects.

|V| Electric Frag Grenade: Lightning Fear
    Instead of stunning/electrocuting, the pipe bomb will now fear any infected affected for 10 seconds (3 seconds on tanks).
    <Tanks can't be feared in 30 seconds of another fear>

Adrenaline Run: Moon Hunter
    Every time a tank spawns at night time, you gain +5% movement/attack speed and fire rate for 20 seconds.

|E| Dopamine-Infused Meds: Wizard's Potion
    Every time Dopamine-Infused Med's effect activates, you also gain 1 random bonus effect for 15 seconds.
    <Bonus effect time can't be extended by Resilience Boosters/Assist Return Ability>

|E| Cupid's Arrow: Witch Pet
    Allows you to shoot the witch, making her fall in love with you, attacking other infected and protecting you for 15 seconds. Anyone can damage the witch.

Student: Trick or Treat
    You also gain $4 cash per second for every high level player in your team while you are alive.
    <Affected by boosters>
    <Doesn't work while in a saferoom>

19. Vakarlan

Vakarlan MG Donor

Dude... wizard's potion and trick or treat are prefect lmao, firstly getting a random white toaster buff is really beneficial, secondly trick or treat will solve some of the cash issues faced by new players atm with all the buff enhancements.

20. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Alright, here's all the utility, economy and exp and miscellaneous buff buff enhancement ideas I can come up with :P

Adrenaline Run | Aquatic Adaptation
    While in water, your attack speed and fire rate is increased by +10% while also giving you 25% slow resistance (not stackable).
    <✖ VS>

Special First Aid | Specialist
    Allows you to gain 1 bounty every time you directly heal any survivors who were affected with bad statuses. +2 bounty gained instead if it was Mutation status.

High Reputation | Penalty Escaper
    You no longer gain any negative reputation for accidentally damaging teammates with car explosions or friendly fire.
    <✖ VS>

Witch Hunter | Witch's Bounty
    For every witch kill gained on the map, you gain a permanent +10% damage increase to all sources for the round.
    <Maximum: +50%>
    <✖ VS>

Heavy Gunner | Ring of Fire
    For every second that you fire the minigun while it's hot, you can let out a ring of fire, dealing 10 true damage per tick to any infected (including fire immune tanks) within 500 units, igniting them. Won't burn infected that are immune to or benefit from fire.

Healing Shocks | Rejuvenating Healer
    If you take more than 15+ damage from a single hit, it now instead gives 1 HP regeneration instead of nullifying the regen effect.
    <✖ VS>

Field Medic | Quick Consumables
    Allows you to instantly use any pain pills/adrenaline shots in your hand by shoving any player with it. Reduces the cooldown by 10 seconds for each time this action is done.

|E| Dopamine-Infused Meds | Dopamine Immunity
    When active, you become immune to falling in love with tanks for 20 seconds and cannot be affected by Reaper Tank's abilities for 10 seconds.

|E| Duelist | Dueling Power
    Melee Weapons gain a +50% damage bonus to any infected that fails to pin you for 5 seconds afterwards. The damage bonus scales down overtime.

Trailing Haste | Catch-Up
    If you are behind average survivor map progression, you gain +10% deploy and +5% reload speed. If there is no visible allies within 400 units, gain another +10% deploy and +5% reload speed.

Moribund Farming | Pills Farmer
    Each % of permanent health missing below 50% gives +1% additional FR-Pills. If incapacitated, gain a flat +15% additional FR-Pills instead.

Peanut Blessing | Super Peanut Bless
    You are immune to all bounty removal effects caused by infected for the duration.

Big Check | Good Samaritan
    You have a 25% chance to gain 1x more items when turning in Daily Quests that give them.

|E| Charger Pet | Fainted State
    If your Charger Pet is killed in battle caused by infected damage, it will be dead for 5 minutes before being able to be recalled again, but reduces maximum HP by 25% on each respawn. Minimum: 50% maximum HP.

|E| Cupid's Arrow | Enhanced Infected
    The infected that you make fall in love with you now benefit from enhanced effects:
    Smoker: It will instantly try to save you by pinning you if you're about to go into a death zone. You can also command the smoker to pin and drag you to itself if you're in need of assistance.
    Boomer: You can command the boomer to bitch slap you in the current direction that you're facing. 20 second cooldown.
    Hunter: Your hunter can pounce on any special infected not currently pinning you, dealing 100 damage every 0.5 seconds. You can recall the hunter to stop them pinning by using a command.
    Spitter: Your spitter can now either target other injured survivors using a command or stay near and heal you at all times using another command.
    Jockey: Your jockey can pounce on any special infected not currently pinning you, being able to jump and deals 150 damage per second while riding any infected. You can recall the jockey to stop them pinning by using a command.
    Charger: Your charger can charge any special infected not currently pinning you, knocking them back away from you. Additionally, it will also perform "Charger's Revenge" when killed for 15 seconds, dealing damage and staggering any infected hit. Retains default command usage.

|E| Supporting Role | Best Supporter
    Pain Pills/Adrenaline Shots are now instantly used when you shove allies with them, giving 25% additional healing effects. You also can't be crowd controlled while performing a healing/defibbing action.

Student | Money Saver
    $4 cash gained per second multiplied by the number of high level players in your team while you are alive.
    <Affected by boosters>
    <Doesn't work while in a saferoom>

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Vakarlan likes this.