1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Anyone Cycling?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by marvel, May 2, 2014.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I was wondering if anyone is cycling. I've started doing it since about November 2013 and I'm tracking all my rides on Strava as well:

http://www.strava.com/athletes/3456396

My bike is a mountain bike, a Koga X29 2014 Sport made in Holland ;) I'm going off-road a lot of times as well so that's why I picked a mountain back instead of a racing bike. It's more tough though on concrete roads.

[​IMG]

Let me know if you're on Strava as well, perhaps we can follow each other, create an MG cycling group ;)

2. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

How awesome is that! Just to let you know I am a professional bike mechanic for over 12 years and will be glad to give any technical assistance or advice. That looks like a real sweet ride. Looking at your stats I suggest getting a second bike, a road bike with the distances you are covering, use each bike for what they are designed for. If you do go for full carbon and nothing less than Shimano 105 or SRAM Apex components as they are all you will ever need and anything more is nice but exorbitant. Anything less will leave you wanting more. Hope I can help.

3. marvel

Nice I'll keep that in mind :) I was thinking of a road bike yeah but I need a lot of money for a good one, probably up to 2000 for a really good one. So I need to save some money first :)

I also had an accident few weeks ago where I hit a tree and the entire frontend broke in half which costed me already 300 to fix.

Biking is fun but it's expensive as well, material, clothing, repairs etc.

I didn't know you we're a bike mechanic btw :)

4. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

Aye, i have this bike:
    [​IMG]

Single speed, fixie/freewheel can be adjusted without tools. Bike quite often.

5. Vulcan

:D I have a stereotype if your typical fixie rider. 5'-10" 135lbs pony tail, skin tight pants, ballerina slippers, granola/weed pouch on hip, very fit. Fixie riders are a different breed.

That is a sweet fixie but I hate white tires and grips how do you keep them so white?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiE1Qm7HSd8

6. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

To be honest. The stereotype doesnt work and I only ride freewheel mode. Just prefer the whole singlespeed type. And no clue about the wheels. They just keep being white... mostly. :o

7. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Can't you put road tires on the mountain bike? I've seen it done, I'm sure it's cheaper. You should come to New Zealand some time Marvel, we have some of the best cycle tracks in the world. http://www.nzcycletrail.com/

8. Vulcan

Putting road tires on a mtn bike is like putting lipstick on a pig, it helps but is not the real deal. Also Marvels bike is a 29'r with a 29" tire which is new to the bike world and there is not a wide variety of tire options yet. Give it a couple more years.

If Marvel crashed his bike hard enough to break it I am glad he didn't get broke too.

9. marvel

Well I had to go to the ER after the crash lol but I got lucky. I couldn't bike for 2 weeks though which sucked, it's highly addictive.