• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcore Custom COOP: Information and Downloads

Server info:

eventserver.mgftw.com:27016

Download:

Latest map pack is always here (extracting this will get you individual vpks):

Size ~2.5 GB (Updated August 28 )

Mirror Main: https://mirror.mgftw.com/mgftw_latest_vpk.rar

To use these addons, download the rar and extract to <Steamfolder>\steamapps\common\left4dead2\left4d ea d2\addons.
    Make sure to remove any existing addons, especially older versions of these campaigns to avoid conflicts.

If you already have some maps and are on limited bandwidth see here for all the individual maps. You can either download the ZIP or the VPK. All mirrors are hosted by mgftw so 100% virus/malware free.

https://mirror.mgftw.com/

If you ever need maps, or you need to point someone else to this topic, just point them to:

http://customcoop.mgftw.com.

This will always lead here.

Current map rotation:

- Dead Before Dawn DC Fixed version
    - DeadCity II
    - Urban Flight
    - Death Aboard 2
    - Dead Echo 2
    - Warcelona
    - Detour Ahead
    - Diescraper Redux
    - Crash Bandicoot: The return of Dr. Cortex
    - Journey to Splash Mountain.
    - Left 4 Mario
    - Military Industrial Complex II
    - Death Mountain
    - Urban Underground
    - Day Break

Updates 8/28/2015:

- Added Left 4 Mario
    - Added Military Industrial Complex II
    - Added Death Mountain
    - Added Urban Underground
    - Added Day Break

Current known issues:

- Add campaign voting (optional)

Note: Some finales don't have escape timers, however, these finales are completable, you just have to wait a bit for the Tank spawn, or progress through the finale if it is a running escape.
    Last edited by Mute; 21-11-2016, 10:24.
    Linux be root, Windows reboot

For those who do not know how, you download the zip file. You open/extract the actual map file INTO the last one here:

\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons

For some people it's in their C drive, but that's the basic path for all Steam installations. Again, extract the file INTO the addons folder. You can't have the game running while you do this or it won't work.

Comment

sweet baby jaysus new maps zomgg

Last edited by marvel; 18-08-2015, 12:13. Reason: Sorry Erik removed Oprah face it's causing my entire system to slow down and topic loads slow because of it ;)

Comment

What about adding I Hate Mountains? And would suggest Deathcraft 2 too, but this map sometimes brakes special infected and that's causing game unplayable.
        Originally posted by ḝẋḭḭ Ľęō
        is there a possibility to add silent hill? biggest map ever!
        Is this server is permanent or just for sort time?

Comment

I will add more campaigns however I rather add new, maintained ones. Seems like a lot of older ones don't work as well with the current L4D2 version.

Idk if it's permanent, I will probably let it run but it usually needs an admin to be able to play and fix bugs, so for events it's nice.
          We will have more custom coop stuff coming up soon anyway. HC is working on a few things as well.

Comment

Originally posted by marvel View Post
            I will add more campaigns however I rather add new, maintained ones. Seems like a lot of older ones don't work as well with the current L4D2 version.

Idk if it's permanent, I will probably let it run but it usually needs an admin to be able to play and fix bugs, so for events it's nice.
            We will have more custom coop stuff coming up soon anyway. HC is working on a few things as well.
            I think I Hate Mountains works fine with current version of game and I will be waiting for more maps.

Would be nice if would be permanent, because I have a blast now. So good luck with this server.

Comment

Good luck with the server marvel, was playing on it yesterday and had a blast!
              I have however experienced alot more crashes in suicide blitz 2 than with Dead Before Dawn Directors Cut.
              Would be nice to have more custom campaigns would be cool if we could play the custom campaign Wan Li
              New Year's Day is coming up soon!
              L-------- V------ M------
              Actions and awards list guide

Comment

Originally posted by timkit [™۞
                ;n124552]Good luck with the server marvel, was playing on it yesterday and had a blast!
                I have however experienced alot more crashes in suicide blitz 2 than with Dead Before Dawn Directors Cut.
                Would be nice to have more custom campaigns would be cool if we could play the custom campaign Wan Li
                Yes I had a blast myself, it's great to finally play some other maps. Anyway it's still all experimental now so right now I just want to get things stable and have a good set of the most popular maps in rotation. I will add map requests by players later on in time

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

First post updated guys make sure to re-download!!

Comment

New maps yeah!! thank you :p

Comment

thanks for the new update marvel
                      New Year's Day is coming up soon!
                      L-------- V------ M------
                      Actions and awards list guide

Comment

Cool, so you fix Deathcraft 2?
                        Would you be able to fix Suicide Blitz 2 later?

Comment

Originally posted by SViper View Post
                          Cool, so you fix Deathcraft 2?
                          Would you be able to fix Suicide Blitz 2 later?
                          Yes I'll try to fix DC today, I'm not sure about SB2 that CTD seems to be the map itself it's hard to work around it. I can skip the 4th map but that kinda ruins the entire campaign.

Comment

Oh I will also add a little less Jimmy Gibbs

Comment

Well, Deathcraft worked but it insta CTD'd after the first few minecraft zombies made their entrance so I had to remove it. I didn't care much though because they changed the survivor and zombie models in that map as well and that just didn't do it for me. They should let people decide if they want to install a mod locally to change the models if they want to.

I added a few others though see the first post for updates and please download the updates.

Comment

Working...
                              X