Recommended Defensive Buff Set (AS-MGS)
Recommended Defensive Buff Set (AS-MGS V2.0.4)
Back to Scenario Page
Back to Awakening Scenario Page
Go to Recommended | OBS | DBS | HBS | SBS
Defensive Buff Set
- (SURV) Knife
- (SURV) Goggles / |E| Dying Berserk*
- (SURV) Deflection Suit
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+
- (SURV) Group morale
- (SURV) General Tank Handler
- (SURV) Tenacity
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist+
- (SURV) |V| Guardian Dispenser
- (SURV) Avenger
- (SURV) Frag Grenade
- (SURV) |V| Electric Frag Grenade
- (SURV) |E| Slaying Automata+
- (SURV) Speedy Water
- (SURV) Survival Payment
- (SURV) Hunting Reward
Buff Enhancements Used
- Guardian Recharger (Guardian Moustachio)
- Tank Resister (|E| Tank Duelist)
- Explosive Automata (|E| Slaying Automata)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
Weapons used in this buff set
- Any Primary Weapon (Whichever your good with)
- Any Secondary Weapon (Whichever your good with)
Benefits of this buff set <top>
- Knife: Gives you 1 knife that can be used to release yourself from an SI attack once. Your knife can be used after 1 second of being pinned, by pressing ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- Dying Berserk: Upon taking lethal damage (except fall damage) you become spared from death for 6 seconds. Your shots consume 0 ammo, ignore enemy defenses and immunities and become immune to bad status and CC effects. You will also draw tank aggro if no-one else already is. <Piercing immunities sets all attack bonuses for that shot to zero> <✖ VS>
- Deflection Suit: Reflect 50% of melee damage taken against infected. Against tanks and witches, reflect 25% of melee damage taken. <Damage returned won't generate Tank aggro> <✖ VS>
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless if lethal damage is taken. <Works only once per round>
- Group morale: -1% reduced damage taken for every other survivor alive.
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks x current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Tenacity: +200 additional maximum HP per level above 200. You instantly die if HP reaches 0.<Health from medkits is reduced for each medkit used (100% -> 66% -> 33%)> <increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Max defense while equipped: 50%> <Max gain from this buff: 7,500HP> <Increases damage taken from all hits by 3> <✖ VS>
- Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Heals nearby survivors for +5HP + 0.3% Max HP per second, cures all bad status effects and gives moustachio bless for 2 seconds. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <✖ VS>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, +200% increased damage dealt to the killer and cannot be killed by it for 8 seconds. Increased damage dealt scales down overtime. Effect time resets if the killer kills again. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- Frag Grenade: Your pipe bomb will instantly detonate on collision. <Incompatible with Sticky Grenade buff>
- Electric Frag Grenade: Exchanges your pipe bombs for electric frag bombs. Infected caught in the explosion are stunned for 4 seconds (1 second on tanks) and become ignited. If infected was in water, electrocute him for 30 seconds. <Incompatible with other buffs that change grenade contents> <Same target can't be electrocuted again for 30 seconds> <✖ VS>
- Slaying Automata: Allows you to deploy a turret that shoots at infected every second within 600 units, 180* arc, dealing 150 damage. <Turret can only be spawned once, but can be rotated by pressing USE> <Turret shuts down if idle for 20 seconds, anyone can press USE to wake it> <Max 3 active turrets at once, idle turrets will be removed in place of new ones> <✖ VS>
- Speedy Water: Increased speed while in water.
- Survival Payment: After the round begins, +1 bounty earned every 2 minutes. <Bounty not awarded if inside saferoom>
- Hunting Reward: On each special infected kill, +2% chance to get +1 additional bounty on bounty earning action. <Max: 30%>
Tips for effectively using this buff set <top>
- Don't be afraid to heal if you know that you are about to die from the tank, that is if you don't want your Guardian Moustachio / Guardian Dispenser Buffs to be activating just yet.
- If you need to, soak the damage for your other teammates when other tanks are around so they have a chance to survive the punch damage from the Awakened Brutal Tank when he spawns later on.
- The tank is vulnerable to being electrocuted when inside the water, so be sure to get him with an Electric Frag Grenade every minute or so. That way you'll have an easier time avoiding some of his abilities or by preventing the tank from getting near the survivors when he gets occasionally stunned for a few short moments.
- If you need bounty, spawn your turret near where the infected are coming from, either facing along the beach or near the stairs leading from them so you can gradually increase it.