Recommended Defensive Buff Set 1 (BaBS)
Recommended Defensive Buff Set 1 (BaBS V2.1.5)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Defensive Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | DBS1 | DBS2
This buff set is situated more towards defense against Tanks.
Defensive Guardian COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife
- (SURV) Goggles / |E| Hidden Strength*
- (SURV) |P| Mutation Shield (Expires)
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio
- (SURV) Group morale
- (SURV) General Tank Handler
- (SURV) |E| Love is in the air
- (SURV) |E| It wasn't that high
- (SURV) Tenacity
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist
- (SURV) |V| Guardian Dispenser
- (SURV) |V| Protective Bag
- (SURV) |E| Promise
- (SURV) Avenger
- (SURV) |V| Enraging Waves
- (SURV) |E| Dying Berserk / Finale Dominator*
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Hidden Strength Buff.
- If you would prefer to have more defense over more tank aggro before you die, you can swap out the |E| Dying Berserk Buff for the Finale Dominator Buff.
Weapons used in this buff set
- Any Primary Weapon (Whichever your good with)
- Any Secondary Weapon (Whichever your good with)
Benefits of this buff set <top>
- Knife: Gives you 1 knife that can be used to release yourself from an SI attack once. Your knife can be used after 1 second of being pinned, by pressing ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- Hidden Strength: On finale/survival maps, if 6 or less survivors are alive, you can access the !buy menu to get revived. You cannot revive if your body is destroyed or if dead for over 3 minutes. You'll be revived with -75% reduced max HP, -30% decreased movement speed which both decay over 2 minutes and 20 seconds of special infected pin immunity. <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- Mutation Shield: Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless if lethal damage is taken. <Works only once per round>
- Group Morale: -1% reduced damage taken for every other survivor alive.
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks x current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Love is in the air: Allows you to select a teammate as a favourite in !buy menu. Chosen teammate receives -25% damage taken, but you take 1HP damage every time they get hit. Standing nearby your chosen teammate gives you 1HP every 5 seconds. <Effect disappears if you die> <1HP damage is not applied if the other survivor favourites you too> <✖ VS>
- It wasn't that high: -10% decreased fall damage caused by infected. +300HP increased needed damage to become ragdoll'd. Prevents ragdoll death once per round if killed by fall damage within 600 units of another visible survivor. <✖ VS>
- Tenacity: +200 additional maximum HP per level above 200. You instantly die if HP reaches 0.<Health from medkits is reduced for each medkit used (100% -> 66% -> 33%)> <increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Max defense while equipped: 50%> <Max gain from this buff: 7,500HP><Increases damage taken from all hits by 3> <✖ VS>
- Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Heals nearby survivors for +5HP + 0.3% Max HP per second, cures all bad status effects and gives moustachio bless for 2 seconds. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <✖ VS>
- Protective Bag: Allows you to activate a special device for 8 (2 on VS) seconds. +immune to all sources of damage, but cannot attack or move. All infected will lose interest in you and ignore you. <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Must be on the ground to activate>
- Promise: +1000 increased max HP. On other survivor death to infected, -400 damage (- their level). Damage is scaled based on current HP and ignored below 10% HP. <You don't take damage if incapacitated> <✖ VS>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, +200% increased damage dealt to the killer and cannot be killed by it for 8 seconds. Increased damage dealt scales down overtime. Effect time resets if the killer kills again. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- Enraging waves: Allows you to use a device. When activated all tanks around will immediately reset aggro and focus you for 10 seconds or until device is deactivated. <Cooldown: 3 minutes>
- Dying Berserk: Upon taking lethal damage (except fall damage) you become spared from death for 6 seconds. Your shots consume 0 ammo, ignore enemy defenses and immunities and become immune to bad status and CC effects. You will also draw tank aggro if no-one else already is. <Piercing immunities sets all attack bonuses for that shot to zero> <✖ VS>
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, On each special infected kill, +1 stack of finale dominator (+2 stacks on each uber special infected kill), up to 15. +2% increased damage, +1% increased defense, +1% increased movement speed, +0.5% increased fire rate, +2% increased reload speed and +2% chance to save ammo. You lose a stack in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by special infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
- If you want to have any defense against fall damage, have someone pick you as their favourite with the Love is in the air Buff. The +25% defense gained can be of big help against large amounts of fall damage taken.