Recommended Defensive Buff Set 1 (BaBS)
Recommended Defensive Buff Set 1 (BaBS V2.0.3)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Defensive Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | DBS1 | DBS2
This buff set is situated more towards defense against Tanks.
Defensive Guardian COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife
- (SURV) Goggles
- (SURV) Shaman Handler
- (SURV) Knight Handler
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio
- (SURV) Group Morale
- (SURV) General Tank Handler
- (SURV) |E| Love is in the air
- (SURV) |E| It wasn't that high / |V| Enraging waves*
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist
- (SURV) |E| Fatal Guard
- (SURV) |V| Guardian Dispenser
- (SURV) |V| Protective Bag
- (SURV) |E| Promise / Tenacity*
- (SURV) |E| Hidden Strength / Avenger*
- (SURV) |V| War wounds
- If you prefer to have a powerful aggro tool over reduced fall damage with an additional effect, you can swap out the |E| It wasn't that high Buff for the |V| Enraging waves Buff instead.
- If you prefer to have a higher amount of increased maximum HP, you can swap out the |E| Promise Buff for the Tenacity Buff instead.
- If you prefer to have a buff effect that activates before Guardian Moustachio then Guardian Dispenser Buffs activate, you can swap out the |E| It wasn't that high Buff for the |V| Enraging waves Buff instead.
Weapons used in this buff set
- Any Primary Weapon (Whichever your good with)
- Any Secondary Weapon (Whichever your good with)
Benefits of this buff set <top>
- Knife: Gives you 1 knife that can be used to release yourself from an SI attack once. Your knife can be used after 1 second of being pinned, by pressing ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- Shaman Handler: Max defense gained against Shaman/Supreme Shaman tanks. If mutated, buff stops working.
- Knight Handler: Max defense gained against Knight/Supreme Knight tanks. If mutated, buff stops working.
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless if lethal damage is taken. <Works only once per round>
- Group Morale: -1% reduced damage taken for every other survivor alive.
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks x current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Love is in the air: Allows you to select a teammate as a favourite in !buy menu. Chosen teammate receives -25% damage taken, but you take 1HP damage every time they get hit. Standing nearby your chosen teammate gives you 1HP every 5 seconds. <Effect disappears if you die> <1HP damage is not applied if the other survivor favourites you too> <Coop Only>
- It wasn't that high: -10% decreased fall damage caused by infected. +300HP increased needed damage to become ragdoll'd. Prevents ragdoll death once per round if killed by fall damage within 600 units of another visible survivor. <Coop Only>
- Enraging waves: Allows you to use a device. When activated all tanks around will immediately reset aggro and focus you for 10 seconds or until device is deactivated. <Cooldown: 3 minutes>
- Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <Coop Only>
- Fatal Guard: Prevents instant death while frozen. -50% less damage taken from Assassin class tanks + won't ignore incapacitation. <Does not prevent shattering on frozen death> <Coop Only>
- Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Heals nearby survivors for +5HP + 0.3% Max HP per second, cures all bad status effects and gives moustachio bless for 2 seconds. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <Coop Only>
- Protective Bag: Allows you to activate a special device for 8 (2 on VS) seconds. +immune to all sources of damage, but cannot attack or move. All infected will lose interest in you and ignore you. <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Must be on the ground to activate>
- Promise: +1000 increased max HP. On other survivor death to infected, -400 damage (- their level). Damage is scaled based on current HP and ignored below 10% HP. <You don't take damage if incapacitated> <Coop Only>
- Tenacity: +200 additional maximum HP per level above 200. You instantly die if HP reaches 0.<Health from medkits is reduced for each medkit used (100% -> 66% -> 33%)> <increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Max defense while equipped: 50%> <Max gain from this buff: 7,500HP><Increases damage taken from all hits by 3> <Coop Only>
- Hidden Strength: On finale/survival maps, if 4 or less survivors alive, you can access !buy menu to get revived. You cannot revive if your body is destroyed or if dead for over 3 minutes. You'll be revived with -75% reduced max HP and -40% decreased movement speed which decays over 2 minutes. <Can only be activated once per round> <Coop Only>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on survivor, +200% increased damage dealt to the killer and cannot be killed by it for 10 seconds. Increased damage dealt scales down overtime. Effect time resets if the killer kills again. <You can have more than one revenge target> <Coop Only>
- War wounds: After reviving or being revived from incapacitation only caused by infected, +7 per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. <Hanging revives don't count><Coop Only> <Max gain per revive: 300 HP, Overall: 2,500HP>
Tips for effectively using this buff set <top>
- To help protect the other survivors from taking any damage, put yourself in front of them and make yourself the tank aggro target, if you have any defenses against tank damage.
- The more buffs you have equipped that protect you against lethal damage, the more second chances you'll have to allow the other survivors to deal free damage onto the tank or to try surviving yourself.
- If you want a good amount of defense against fall damage, tell any other survivor to give you the Love is in the air buff effect if they have the buff equipped, while you have the It wasn't that high Buff equipped. Having both on gives you +35% defense (+25% if fall damage was self caused).