Recommended Defensive Buff Set 1 (BaBS)
Recommended Defensive Buff Set 1 (BaBS V2.2.4)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Defensive Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | DBS1 | DBS2
This buff set is situated more towards defense against Tanks.
Defensive Guardian COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife
- (SURV) Goggles / |E| Hidden Strength*
- (SURV) |P| Mutation Shield (Expires)
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+
- (SURV) Group morale
- (SURV) General Tank Handler
- (SURV) |E| Love is in the air
- (SURV) |E| It wasn't that high
- (SURV) Tenacity
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist+
- (SURV) |V| Guardian Dispenser
- (SURV) |V| Protective Bag
- (SURV) |E| Promise
- (SURV) Avenger
- (SURV) |V| Enraging Waves
- (SURV) |E| Dying Berserk / Finale Dominator+*
Buff Enhancements Used
- Guardian Recharger: Guardian Moustachio recharges 4 minutes after activating. (Guardian Moustachio)
- Tank Resister: 20% defense is now 20% damage resistance, making it always active. (|E| Tank Duelist)
- General Dominator: Removes map limits. Max stacks 10 on normal maps. (Finale Dominator)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Hidden Strength Buff.
- If you would prefer to have more defense over more tank aggro before you die, you can swap out the |E| Dying Berserk Buff for the Finale Dominator Buff.
Weapons used in this buff set
- Any Primary Weapon (Whichever your good with)
- Any Secondary Weapon (Whichever your good with)
Benefits of this buff set <top>
- Knife: Gives you 1 knife that can be used to release yourself from an SI attack once. Your knife can be used after 1 second of being pinned, by pressing ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- Hidden Strength: On finale/survival maps, if 6 or less survivors are alive, you can access the !buy menu to get revived. You cannot revive if your body is destroyed or if dead for over 3 minutes. You'll be revived with -75% reduced max HP, -30% decreased movement speed which both decay over 2 minutes and 20 seconds of special infected pin immunity. <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- Mutation Shield: Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless if lethal damage is taken. <Works only once per round>
- Group Morale: -1% reduced damage taken for every other survivor alive.
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks x current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Love is in the air: Allows you to select a teammate as a favourite in !buy menu. Chosen teammate receives -25% less damage taken and you take up to 10% base damage they take depending on how close you are to them within 500 units. Within 250 units, when favourite gains HP, you heal 25% of their heal. <Favourite cannot be changed once set and lasts the whole round> <✖ VS>
- It wasn't that high: -10% decreased fall damage caused by infected. +300HP increased needed damage to become ragdoll'd. Prevents ragdoll death once per round if killed by fall damage within 600 units of another visible survivor. <✖ VS>
- Tenacity: +200 additional maximum HP per level above 200. You instantly die if HP reaches 0.<Health from medkits is reduced for each medkit used (100% -> 66% -> 33%)> <increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Max defense while equipped: 50%> <Max gain from this buff: 7,500HP><Increases damage taken from all hits by 3> <✖ VS>
- Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Heals nearby survivors for +5HP + 0.3% Max HP per second, cures all bad status effects and gives moustachio bless for 2 seconds. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <✖ VS>
- Protective Bag: Allows you to activate a special device for 8 (2 on VS) seconds. +immune to all sources of damage, but cannot attack or move. All infected will lose interest in you and ignore you. <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Must be on the ground to activate>
- Promise: +1000 increased max HP. On other survivor death to infected, -400 damage (- their level). Damage is scaled based on current HP and ignored below 10% HP. <You don't take damage if incapacitated> <✖ VS>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, +200% increased damage dealt to the killer and cannot be killed by it for 8 seconds. Increased damage dealt scales down overtime. Effect time resets if the killer kills again. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- Enraging waves: Allows you to use a device. When activated all tanks around will immediately reset aggro and focus you for 10 seconds or until device is deactivated. <Cooldown: 3 minutes>
- Dying Berserk: Upon taking lethal damage (except fall damage) you become spared from death for 6 seconds. Your shots consume 0 ammo, ignore enemy defenses and immunities and become immune to bad status and CC effects. Buff attack bonuses are halved during this duration and you will also draw tank aggro if no-one else already is. <Piercing immunities sets all attack bonuses for that shot to zero> <✖ VS>
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, On each special infected kill, +1 stack of finale dominator (+2 stacks on each uber special infected kill), up to 15. +2% increased damage, +1% increased defense, +1% increased movement speed, +0.5% increased fire rate, +2% increased reload speed and +2% chance to save ammo. You lose a stack in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by special infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
Tips for effectively using this buff set <top>
- If you want to have any defense against fall damage, have someone pick you as their favourite with the Love is in the air Buff. The +25% defense gained can be of big help against large amounts of fall damage taken.