About Infected Roles (IBaR V1.1.0)
About Infected Roles
Ways to setup Infected Buffs in roles + tactics on buffs in that role
Want to become a good player who now knows how the infected buffs work? well how about you learn the ways these infected buffs get setup in a number of special infected role sets so that you can do well in versus. The better knowledge you have about this stuff, the more you will pick up as experience gained from doing versus matches as you may end up adjusting your buffs in the buff sets for that role so you can do better or come up with a better strategy.
NOTE: There is no right/wrong buff set in every special infected role there is, it more comes down to your overall preference. Don't forget to experiment with your buffs so you can see what you can really do with the effects of them. That is also another way to learn from your buffs.
The way it is explained here is that you will get an overview of what the infected can do in their roles, going from role to role. We then look individually at each special infected and the buffs you can choose from in that role so you can get the overall ideas of how the recommended or best setup buffs are chosen for each buff set in the role of any special infected.
NOTE: the order for the special infected and their roles is as above for when their buffs were explained. If you don't know what it means.
Explanation of the Roles for Special Infected in terms of their role bonus.
The Following Special Infected have this role: Boomer and Hunter
"Assassins can rapidly kill lonely survivors, at the cost of low damage resistance". (general role description)
"Boomers are able to perform the dangerous bitch slap that will launch survivors far away. The assassin boomer specializes in this attack". (boomer role description)
"The hunter is the best assassin of all infected" (hunter role description)
Boomers in the Assassin Role
- Decreases bitch slap cooldown to 10 seconds
- Increases bitch slap power by 50%
Hunters in the Assassin Role
- Reduces max health by 50%
- Deal 3% (10% if lonely) of the survivor's maximum health as bonus damage
The Following Special Infected have this role: Smoker, Hunter, Spitter, Jockey and Charger
"Damage dealers specialize in burning the health of the survivors". (general role description)
"The DPS smoker is effective in dealing AOE damage to survivors". (smoker role description)
- The hunter has no role description for Damage dealer Role
- The spitter has no role description for Damage dealer Role
"The jockey stacks damage the longer it lives". (jockey role description)
- The charger has no role description for Damage dealer Role
Smokers in the Damage dealer Role
- Increases physical damage by 1HP per survivor near
- Toxic cloud deals 3% of survivor's current health as bonus damage
Hunters in the Damage dealer Role
- 30% of damage dealt to a victim is dealt to nearby survivors (Radius: 175)
Spitters in the Damage dealer Role
- Each 8th burn deals additional damage equal to 2% of the survivor's current health
- Deals 0% to 100% additional damage based on level (1 - 200)
Jockeys in the Damage dealer Role
- Increases damage done to survivors 1HP per hit during a spawn.
Chargers in the Damage dealer Role
- First pound deals 10HP (+0.1 per player level)
- First pound deals 30HP (+0.5 per level) to 100HP (+0.5 per level) depending on charge travel distance.
The Following Special Infected have this role: Smoker, Boomer, Hunter and Spitter
"Slowers are meant to stop the survivors from moving forward". (general role description)
"The slower smoker specializes on forcing the survivors to come back. it is not as fast as the controller smoker". (smoker role description)
"The slower boomer is able to restrain survivors in some areas and to ensure they can't pass". (boomer role description)
- The hunter has no role description for Slower Role
- The spitter has no role description for Slower Role
Smokers in the Slower Role
- Decreases damage taken by 10%-70% (depending on player level 1-220) while dragging survivors
- Smoker gas slows survivors down by 4% each 2 seconds.
Boomers in the Slower Role
- Each 20 levels, the player gains 40HP additional health on slower boomers.
Hunters in the Slower Role
- Decreases speed of target by 3% per hit
- Blocks 0% to 100% of damage based on enemy distance
Spitters in the Slower Role
- Each spit burn decreases survivor's speed by 3% (Up to 75%)
The Following Special Infected have this role: Smoker, Jockey and Charger
"Controllers specialize on rapidly changing the position of a survivor". (general role description)
"A controller smoker should rapidly pill a survivor and hide". (smoker role description)
- The jockey has no role description for Controller Role
- The charger has no role description for Controller Role
Smokers in the Controller Role
- Increases victim pull speed by 60%
- Receives 50% more damage when dragging
Jockeys in the Controller Role
- Increases ride speed by 15% and jump power by 25%
Chargers in the Controller Role
- Increases charge speed by 300%
- Allows the player to change of direction while charging when you are NOT carrying survivors
The Following Special Infected have this role: Charger
"Tanky infected specialize on receiving damage and on protecting teammates". (general role description)
- The charger has no role description for Tanky Role
Chargers in the Tanky Role
- Decreases damage taken by 25% multiplied by the amount of survivors trapped near the charger
The Following Special Infected have this role: Spitter
"Healers are meant to provide support to their teammates". (general role description)
- The spitter has no role description for Healer Role
Spitters in the Healer Role
- Spit damage is fixed to 1HP per burn
- Spit heals by 60HP - 300HP (based on player level 1-200) per second.
The Following Special Infected have this role: Jockey
"Debuffers are meant to provide bad statuses to survivors". (general role description)
- The jockey has no role description for Debuffer Role
Jockeys in the Debuffer Role
- Increases attack speed by 30%