1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Suggestions for the next event? (IDEA)

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by timkit, Aug 16, 2019.

?

Suggestions for the next event? (IDEA)

1. Turn 2014/2015 event into scenario + bring back past event scenarios

85.0%
  2. COOP + Custom COOP event

15.0%
  3. COOP + VS event

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I have a better idea (Suggestion in the post below!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I don't have 1 right now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. timkit

timkit MG Donor

NOTE: This is just an idea thread... just here to give my thoughts so pretend nothing happened. Only if these ideas do ever happen, shall they come into existence. Just feel free to post your thoughts here.

Hey'll, timkit here.

Had a long thought about this during the evening.

Say, for the next Halloween Event in 2019:

We revive back the Halloween Event from 2014/2015 and turn it into a Halloween Event exclusive scenario. Alongside that idea, also give us the other 2 past scenarios to play with. That being the Spooky Night Scenario and the Bounty Hunter Scenario. It would have been nice to go back and enjoy the past event ones, seeing that it has a unique encounter.

But still, I just thought we should try to have some more fun with these scenarios by including all 3 of them into the Halloween Event 2019, so it wasn't just 1 halloween exclusive scenario. If that option does cut off the fun for all the other gamemodes that we could possibly go have fun with, then this was probably not the best idea nor solution. This is just something new I'd thought for an idea.

As for the Halloween Event 2014/2015:
    - Let it act as a scenario in the same way that it happened as seen within the event. Except there'll probably be some changes with text, or the way that it can be started is different, who knows.
    - The Executioner Tank will be able to spawn exclusively in this scenario, and cannot be spawned in any other scenarios. That being said, it'll be 1 of the tanks you'll encounter and have to kill after having to do a certain objective (we do not know what that may be). It's possible that the Executioner Tank can also be enhanced for the fight itself to some degree.
    - When the Executioner Tank is defeated, you may have to do something else in order to clear or proceed with this scenario. That's where I'll stop there for now.

If anyone wants to know about the above halloween event:
    original post - 2015
    original post - 2014

As for the Spooky Night and Bounty Hunter Scenarios:
    - Bring them back the same as they are, a bit with minor changes if needed.
    - If bringing them back isn't feasible, there could be other alternatives.

As for another idea if we had an event...

COOP has a map mutation that occurs much more frequently than usual (like just about on every map or two), like with seasonal weather. Custom COOP could also have this same effect too.

Custom COOP could also have custom campaigns rotated in that are based on a certain theme. We play those ones instead of normal custom campaigns for the duration of said event.

EDIT 2: Also got some buff ideas for any future events.

Survivor Buffs:

|E| Gunslinger Role

Description:
    Allows you to use both pistols and melee weapons in place of primary weapons. Melee weapons gain +25% damage to upgrades, and pistols no longer have infinite ammo, having 320 reserve ammo. Can now perform explosive aoe attacks using pistol ammo at -25% reduced attack speed. You can also rush to stab any infected with your melee weapon, dealing damage and inflicting bleed.
    <Explosive damage dealt ignores immunities and all defense modifiers>
    <Explosive AOE attacks require gunslinger mode, enable/disable with SHIFT key>
    <Press <ZOOM> key for stab rush. 15 second cooldown>
    <✖ VS>

|E| Stone Bombs

Description:
    Turns pipe bombs into explosive rock bombs. Infected caught in the explosion will become blinded/constricted to the ground for 3 seconds (1.5 seconds on tanks). and take 20% additional damage from all sources for 5 seconds.
    <Incompatible with other buffs that change grenade contents>
    <Tanks cannot be blinded/constricted again for 15 seconds>

|E| Riot Shield

Description:
    Allows you to use a Riot Shield as a melee weapon. The Riot Shield has the same attack speed as the tonfa, but you cannot shove the infected away. Holding right-click instead brings it infront of you, allowing you to reflect all projectiles, take 15% less damage and receive 25% less knockback. Attacking/Switching or being knockbacked break the stance.
    <✖ VS>

|E| Electric Guitar

Description:
    Swaps out your normal guitar for an electrical guitar that can deal a mixture of melee + shock damage to infected. It attacks -10% less faster but deals 25 more base damage and has a 3% chance to stun infected hit for 1 second. You can also perform a shockwave every 60 seconds, dealing 150 true shock damage and stunning any infected nearby for 2 seconds.
    <Target can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze>
    <✖ VS>

Infected Buffs:

|E| Blinding Spores (Smoker Buff)

Description:
    This buff will make your spores harmful to the survivor's eyes and will damage survivors overtime. Survivors standing near you will be damaged by 2HP/second and may get blinded if they stand too long. Chance of getting blinded starts at 0%, and increases by 0.5% on each blind hit. Blind lasts 8 seconds.
    <Dying will refresh the blind chance>
    <Incompatible with Poisonous Spores>

|E| Inhibiting Vomit (Boomer Buff)

Description:
    Vomiting on any survivor will inhibit the survivor by stopping them from using any abilities for 5 seconds. It also stops all cooldowns from counting down for 5 seconds.
    <Survivors already inhibited cannot be affected again for 30 seconds>

|E| Infected Yell (Hunter Buff)

Description:
    Upon death, there is a 15% chance of inflicting fear on nearby survivors for 2 seconds due to an extremely loud dying yell.

|E| Defense Corrosion (Spitter Buff)

Description:
    Survivors standing in the spitter's spit will have their defenses reduced by 10% for the duration of the acid spit.

|E| Cripple (Jockey Buff)

Description:
    If you manage to jockey pounce any survivor, you'll cripple their legs due to the extra weight on them. After they do become free, they get crippled for 3 seconds.
    <Survivors can't be crippled within 15 seconds of a previous cripple>

|E| Blazing Trails (Charger Buff)

Description:
    If you're on fire, any charges done by you leave a line of fire in your wake, dealing 1 fire damage per tick to survivors who stand in the fire and having a 3% chance to inflict burning for 5 seconds. The fire trail left behind lasts for 5 seconds.

|E| Pulverize (Tank Buff)

Description:
    Punching or pounding the same survivor 5 times in a row will pulverize them, dealing additional damage equal to the survivors level x 0.5.
    <Maximum additional damage: 100>

|E| Infectious Environment (General Infected Buff)

Description:
    The air within the environment is conductive for inflicting infections on the survivors. Increases your chances of inflicting debuffs on survivors by 25% of the original chance, while the chance for inflicting mutation on survivors is increased by 10% of the original chance instead.
    <Buff with a chance to inflict a debuff required>

EDIT: Alright, so here's some suggestions I got from players I talked to about this forum thread:

|||

[20:33]
    i am done:
    bring back event buff
    that's enough for me

Asmodius37 [™۞]
    17:52
    Since one thing I see and I think about are people running around in all sorts of outfits that they semi stitch together on their own (like computer monitors for heads, other doo dads, and that sort of thing going on).... That got me to thinking of some mild ways to generally spice up Coop during halloween.
    An idea would be that either the modders could make preset 'costumes', or some other system could be figured out, or some sort of buff/flag so that for all practical sake you are running around in costume.

Well there are already toasters in the game right? It could certainly be a time to spawn unique to toasters, increase spawn of toasters, or do something cool like that (like something to that effect).
    The 'costumes' would either make you psudo immune to bad stuff in regards to toasters and/or possibly make it so getting these 'unique' toasters would be possible.
    There are a ton of ways to go with it.

Keep in mind, I'm thinking like US 'Halloween', so take it with a grain of salt.

And I'm only suggesting and rattling off ideas. I don't expect anything to come of them.

That is all simply off the top of my head.
    It isn't for shortage of tools/abilities/random things you could let them do.
    And its something that could always be tweaked, and damage most likely be minor since it is just a seasonal/even thing.
    *event
    You probably would test concept(s) on a test server or something.

|||

that'll be all, will add more onto this post if I get anymore good ideas.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    a-feiii, Horama and Chach like this.
  2. Vakarlan

Vakarlan MG Donor

Make the event reward people with Honor points.

3. Horama

Horama MG Donor

i wanna multi vote bring back event and coop / custom event , i very like event in past i choose one but i want the 2 if possible

4. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Good idea, as a small reward it's not bad for an idea.

if there were events on more than just the 1 server, that idea would sound good.

Horama likes this.
  5. ChaOs AliCE

ChaOs AliCE New Member

i suggest 2019 halloween that goes to (not really) fairy tale theme which is more chaos and explosive if wasn't bad

timkit and Horama like this.
  6. Horama

Horama MG Donor

LUL

EDIT : this song deserve a scenario/event

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  7. timkit

timkit MG Donor

xD, that sounds like fun :P