1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Whats the reason for VS server being Empty

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Zombie Curry $2.99 [?], Oct 13, 2014.

1. All right straight to the point. Since my return I have noticed that PR VS servers as mostly empty all the time even on Sundays. PR VS server being so much fun so why is it still empty all the time? REASON:-LOW EXP POINTS AS COMPARED TO COOP servers.

I know that all the people want to level up fast that is why they prefer playing on COOP server. COOP servers giving so much of opportunity to gain exp faster in form of Tasks, special tanks.

I seriously feel that VS servers should throw more exp than COOP servers. Not only it will help to flood the VS servers with players as well as it will help MG store to sell their products.

Please share your idea how to fill up the VS servers..

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I think COOP is more popular in general, I don't think it only has to do with how much EXP you can gain.

However we could do more to increase versus' popularity I agree with that.

Thanks for sharing.

3. DaveTHM

DaveTHM Junior Member

Well maybe if people leave or doesn't join to PR VS, is just idk maybe because players like you who ruin the game targeting low levels with tanks, killing bots, and when you play as a survivor, rush and get into the sr leaving your team mates behind, so you wanna get more exp for.. that? sorry but i don't get it.

4. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

I suppose some of the maps could use updates to bring the action back.

5. erik

erik MG Donor

Yes yes yes yes yes! A great idea.

I will tell you what works, and what the gamers seem to like as a whole, and what I've observed:
    - Tanks are a LOT stronger again, would be nice to minimize areas where tank has advantage. We don't want to make being tank a chore... just perhaps cut down on the abundance of locations where the tank is always obliterating the team. If we can avoid too many of these areas, we can reach later parts of some maps which we all enjoy but frequently can't get to because of advantageous spots. (dark carnival 2, the kiddyland area)
    - The most popular maps are dead center hotel, blood harvest barns, crash course 1, no mercy roof, dead air map 2, sacrifice map 1/2, and dark carnival finale for obvious reasons
    ---- The maps with karma charge, ramps, and boomer bitch slap ledges or elevated ground make for lots of laughs and insta-deaths, can we have a bunch more areas like these?
    ---- Only two maps (possibly one spot in dead air 2) have "karma pull" locations. When the survivors descend down in dead center 1, they have to navigate the pathing. This allows smokers above to "karma smoke" them and instantly kill them if dragged over a gap. This also can happen in 1 area of no mercy interior pre-finale roof part after the elevator. We'd like to see more of these types of spots... they always make for a great time and laughs
    ---- Perhaps we could revamp the idea of vehicle and object mazes, like at the end of dead center 2, or perhaps mix it up a little
    ---- The "dynamic" aspect of the pathing in dead center map 1 (just before elevator) is a LOT of fun!! if the survivors stand on the scaffolding too long, they fall through and die. Awesome idea, maybe we can extend that to 1 or 2 more areas as well?

These are basic suggestions based on what the VS gamers seem to like the most. I'm sure the other PR-VS gamers can expand on this list. Yes, though, please update the pathing as soon as you can, it will breathe some life into PR-VS.

6. Mr Cameroon you are absolutely right and ChooChoo also . We definitely need new pathing. We can eliminate boring chapters in between maps of certain maps for example Parish. Parish is a long map , can we play only the first chapter and go directly to finale chapter.? May be we can run one server with only 1st and the last chapter for more fun and laughs as these map normally has karma location and death slap locations. Also please don't forget about the exp gained in the VS server as way to low as compared to COOP servers.

7. ChooChoo

Well, I was in the middle of working on Blood Harvest, but haven't been able to lately. I would definitely want to finish the make-over of the Blood Harvest story. : )

8. erik

erik MG Donor

Yes, the idea I was trying to stress is that we need more of what PR / MG offers. Slaps. Charges. Instant deaths. Insane moves like karma smoke pulls. Jockey ledges. Difficult corners to maneuver. Put the "dead center map 1" feeling into all the maps if possible.

ChooChoo, I emailed Marvel requesting that you get your credentials, so you will hear back when he has a moment to look into it. He is very busy and works a full time job IRL. So, you will get set up, and we are ALL counting on you to come up with a bunch of changes, and a bunch of wild changes at that. We all know it takes gamer testing and feedback but we are asking you to really put your heart & back into it this time.

I know you won't let us down.

9. ChooChoo

It'll definitely take time, plus, I need to get back into PR-VS as it is.

Figure I have gotten a bit rusty.

10. ChooChoo

I'll try and find good spots for ramps and such. It just has to look practical, and make a bit of sense on how its placed... sometimes. :P

I was in the middle of working on Blood Harvest a few weeks back and if anyone here hasn't noticed: As you cross the rope bridge on the first map and ook to the left in the canyon, you'll see abandoned military vehicles on a small bridge, as well as one on fire as if a tank had possibly punched it off the bridge. :P THEM DETAILS AND STORY MAN.

11. [Nightmare]

[Nightmare] Junior Member

Nice ideas, I would like to suggest a bonus on that hops around on servers eg. one day the VS server can get a slight boost in cash exp earnt etc. but not on the coop servers and visa versa so people play on both servers! :W